Domain Empire

Transfering domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
After somone sells a domain how exactly does it go from one person to the next. Also which registar and with what package is best for transfering w/o fees ect. How do I transfer a Namecheap to a namecheap. Enom to an enom. And lets say a namecheap to an enom and vice versa? Hehe a bit confusing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
http://namenova.com has no transfer fees..I'm not sure if you can do a namecheap to an enom, I think it has to be within the same registar. But I'm not quite sure...you're probably better off asking one of the smarter people, lol.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
If your domain is currently with a Registrar that offers the "free push" feature (such as Enom, Godaddy, Dotster, etc.), you simply "push" or transfer the domain to the buyer's respective User ID. Simple dimple.
It can get a bit more complicated with Registrars that don't offer this feature ... and in that case, the buyer simply initiates a "pull" (transfer in) of the domain name over to his/her Registrar (where they will usually be required to renew the domain for an additional year at their Registrar's normal registration cost).
Hope that helps. :)

•••
Heh, Im still a bit confused. Helps a bit though.

•••
You beat me to it, Sohil! :D

Originally posted by CoolHost.com
If your domain is currently with a Registrar that offers the "free push" feature (such as Enom, Godaddy, Dotster, etc.), you simply "push" or transfer the domain to the buyer's respective User ID. Simple dimple.
It can get a bit more complicated with Registrars that don't offer this feature ... and in that case, the buyer simply initiates a "pull" (transfer in) of the domain name over to his/her Registrar (where they will usually be required to renew the domain for an additional year at their Registrar's normal registration cost).
Hope that helps. :)

Good Luck!
:laugh:

•••
•••
Originally posted by dpk87
Heh, Im still a bit confused. Helps a bit though.

If you're still confused, DPK ... my suggestion would be for you to purchase a cheapy NP$ domain name (see the NP$ Forum), and be sure the Registrar is Enom. Have an account already set up for yourself at Enom prior to doing so. Then, send the NP$ to the member, and accept the "free push" of the domain into your Enom account. Of course, you could sell one, as well ... and still get this "real life" experience.
IMHO.

•••
Ok, also. If I wanted to register a new domain name at enom it would cost me $30. Why wouldn't I want to just do namecheap.com for $8. I know I have something wrong here.

•••
Ok, also. If I wanted to register a new domain name at enom it would cost me $30. Why wouldn't I want to just do namecheap.com for $8. I know I have something wrong here.

you have get a Enom reseller account so you can reg. domain at like 8.75 I think.

•••
hmm that would be nice.. And how do I get a reseller account.. whew mind boggling.

•••
Correct!
Visit: www.enom.com

... or many fine folks here could set you up with an Enom Reseller account. You have to do the research on your own beforehand, however ... to be sure it's the right decision for YOU. :)

•••
try domainresell.biz (i think that's it) you can get a free 8.95 reseller BUT you have to deposit $100 into the account.

•••
Originally posted by Sohil
you have get a Enom reseller account so you can reg. domain at like 8.75 I think.
Well, I have a $8.95 account reseller account you can also get retail accoutns at like $8.15 and $6.95 reseller accounts (these are expensive to get and most require a $6950 deposit I believe D-: )

•••
Ok.. I looked at enom's reseller section and It just confused the hell outta me. Is their any way I can get one w/o money down?

"or many fine folks here could set you up with an Enom Reseller account"

What does that involve? :)

•••
Ok.. I looked at enom's reseller section and It just confused the hell outta me. Is their any way I can get one w/o money down?

"or many fine folks here could set you up with an Enom Reseller account"

What does that involve? :)

You do have deposit $100 in the account.

•••
•••
Discount account at GoDaddy reseller (registermate.com), good for $7.43 domains, $12.30 backorders, and more all at the lowest possible prices.

Just saw that in the NP store. If I get this I can register my domain names for $7.43 and push em over for free? And also do buyers mind having it in a godaddy account as opposed to an enom. I don't want to make any mistakes.

•••
Discount account at GoDaddy reseller (registermate.com), good for $7.43 domains, $12.30 backorders, and more all at the lowest possible prices.

Just saw that in the NP store. If I get this I can register my domain names for $7.43 and push em over for free? And also do buyers mind having it in a godaddy account as opposed to an enom. I don't want to make any mistakes.

This is a very good offer, IMHO. Many folks use GoDaddy! Personally, I utilize Enom more ... but if you're looking to take advantage of the "free push" option, GoDaddy will work.
The quality of the domain is more *important* than the Registrar, generally speaking.
As far as Enom Reseller accounts ... I would suggest you do some digging through the "Advertising" section here to possibly find one or more that could suit you. If you don't have any luck, it's possible that I may be able to find you a referral. How many domains do you plan on either transferring over to Enom, or registering in the next 3 - 6 months (once at Enom)? Any other information would be helpful, as well. I'll try my best.
Take care for now.

•••
:) thanks. Well I really don't know how many domains. It all depends on my success. I am just starting to figure out the domain reseller business so If I don't get any success then I will not register many domains.

•••
Dotster also utilizes the "free push" option! :)

Link: http://www.dotster.com

$14.95 per domain registration. Lots of folks also use Dotster, as well. This will give you access to "NameWinner" drop services, too!
Reasearch the website thoroughly.
Good Luck.

•••
I think you tell your old host and your new host that you want to transfer and they will work it. It might cost money though...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back