Domain Empire

.US site is #3 in Google for "hosting" (Out of 121,000,000)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which just goes to illustrate that a domain does not have to have COM to the right of the dot to make #1 in the SE's... ext is the least important part of the domain name IMO.

•••
I think this is an uncommon occurrence (for a non .com or .net domain to not be in the top listings). Image Shack is on a whole nother scale compared to other .us domains.

•••
daddypi said:
I think this is an uncommon occurrence (for a non .com or .net domain to not be in the top listings).

It may not be an everyday occurrence (and that's what made it worthy of mentioning) but make no mistake, it's becoming less uncommon as time passes, and the newer extensions see more development. :)

•••
I now have high hopes with my ImageHost.us. :hehe:

•••
It's simply a matter of the "branding and development" we all keep seeing mentioned around here...

daddypi said:
IImage Shack is on a whole nother scale compared to other .us domains.

•••
they provided a useful service that was free and easy to use.

I have posted their url on message boards myself, maybe 20 times. people want to show pics on a forum, and thats where folks send them. photobucket is the other common suggestion.

•••
Some people will try to downplay this, but the facts are clear. This little free image hosting site in the .US name space outranks even the almighty Hosting.com in Google's search.

Hip Hip...... HOORAY.

Hip Hip...... HOORAY.

Hip Hip...... HOORAY.

.US is here to stay. :)

•••
lol this teach us that .com .net or .us is not important.. we dont have to run after extetions/domains but we must have ability, how to develop site and how to advertise it

thats it... thats "GURUMANTRA"

•••
Wow must be due to their traffic

•••
really really really nice place to be.

•••
dotcommakers said:
thats "GURUMANTRA"

OK, somebody has to ask....... what exactly does that mean? :)

•••
It's a decent little site for sure. It probably got there due to all the links pointing there with "image hosting" or image "hosting" in the link...
Make a great product, folks will come :)
-Allan

•••
I have several .us sites that do quite well, ranking-wise, against .coms and such. You put in the work, and eventually it pays off regardless of the extension you have.

•••
As has often been said..

Dotcom'ers, resistance if futile! You will be assimilated!

RogueWriter said:
You put in the work, and eventually it pays off regardless of the extension you have.

•••
kw31 said:
Wow must be due to their traffic ...

Traffic, content, development, SEO, etc. -and- INCOMING LINKS, IMHO! :gl:

* About 6,370 linking to www.imageshack.us

vs.

* About 603 linking to www.hosting.com

Whoa! :yell:

:wave:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back