Dynadot

WARNING with Register.com/Snapnames expiring domains!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So this is what happened: Over 2 weeks ago I won an expiring domain auction on snapnames for $214.00. The domain was with register.com. So I noticed the whois wasn't displaying my info and I tried updating from my register.com account with no luck. I contacted both register.com support and snapnames support to fix this whois issue. Well today, the domain was removed from my register.com account and given back to the previous owner who let it expire. When I spoke to snapnames on the phone, they admitted that register.com simply decided to take the domain back. They admitted it was dirty on register's side but that they can't do anything about it because it's part of their partnership agreement. Anybody else with similar issues!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very interesting to see this domain now available for sale. Sorry for your loss, but it appears the owners can't sell it anyway. Did you ever try contacting Godaddy about it again?

I complained about it at the time. But I'm sure you know what it's like talking to a behemoth. It's like talking to a brick wall.

•••
I had something equally as frustering I backordered a domain at GD they then put it up for a backorder auction after it was captured informed me they placed a bid on my behalf then randomly it ended early and somehow it showed me as high bidder but not winner. Then, I emailed GD and three days later there auction team replied that they gave it back over to past owner at 1and1 register. Moral, of the story these registers do stuff like snapnames did to you, although they might be one of the better. I wish icann would come up with a regulation that says domains don't have the lock on them so that we could just transfer-out right away.

Is this your beloved GoDaddy you are talking about? I'm shocked :)

•••
•••
•••
So it's only the GoDaddy Backorder Service which sucks? Not the GoDaddy Registrar? Ahh! I got it :)
Two different animals one nice other not so.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back