Dynadot

What do you think?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, I have to ask this cause I have noticed it creep up a few times.

Let's take one of my domains for example, and lets say : CZlan.com

Now, I place this domain into Appraisals to see what people think. I put the title Condition Zero Game domains and wait for responses.

Now, this is the bit I'm wondering about (disclaimer - I'm not bitching or blaming or having a go at ANYONE! - just curious).

I get responses from various people saying

"reg fee" / 0-reg fee etc

Now, I would not mind this, certainly I have reged some really BAD domains that I wish I never had...however, the people who quote this then say things like...

"I'm not a gamer" and "if it didnt have the CZ it would be worth more".

So....
a) If your not a gamer, should you be giving a "0 / regfee" price? I mean, clearly it's not like CASH.COM or anything, so GENERAL appraisalers cant put an estimate on it. It certainly DOES NOT mean the name is valued at 0-reg fee. It means that you PERSONALLY wouldnt buy it. Which is fine, but there are potentially 1000's of Game Server companies, Lan party companies, marketing agencies and the like who know about the value of a domain like this. So, is it RIGHT that a tag has been given of "worthless" ?

b) ....if it didnt have CZ....
Well, no sh1t sherlock :) if it was LAN.COM it would be worth a damn fortune, we all know that, even my grandma knows that :)
BUT....because you are not a gamer, it does not mean that the CZ makes it worthless. Lets look at the abreviation CS. CS stands for Sounter Strike. From the standard game server listings, you can access in excess of 33,000 game servers ($50 a mth per game server = market value alone on game servers of $7.9million per year - Thats 1 game, released a couple of years ago or more).

Now, although the above looks like I'm complaining about bad appraisals...or moaning because you didnt all say ooo, it's worth $10,000. Well, I'm NOT. All I'm asking is that maybe we should all stop and think a bit about a response. If I was to try to sell this domain in NP now, people would more than likely look at the appraisal and say "I'll give you $10" when I KNOW it's worth $200-300 easy to the right person (even at wholesale it would be worth over $75 imho).

Like i keep saying, I aint complaining, just...umm....offering some food for thought i spose *shrugs*

Welp, have a good domain day all and I'll cliumb off my soap box now :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I scored it low because there are many available CZ Domains which can be had @ reg fee which are just as good as those you regged.

I would also imagine that the supply is greater than the demand for such names pertaining to a specific game, Id rather own a General Game Domain which has a wider audience.

Mike

•••
Mike, as i emphasised, I'm not "picking" on anyone.

well, there are indeed alot of CZ.xxxxxxx domains...however, they need to be relevant. There are only a few that are.

•••
I know SY4 I was just letting you know my reasons for giving it a reg fee :)

Mike

•••
All Appraisals no matter where you obtain them from are nothing but Subjective Opinions of the appraiser.

Nobody says your domain is not worth anything to the Right person. You are getting opinions of the domains "Wholesale Value" to resellers.

You cannot take these opinions personally! Ultimately the value is what you think it is worth and what a buyer will pay for it.

When appraising any domain there are numerous considerations. Type-in, Dictionary, Traffic, Search Terms, No. of Char, .com or other extention, are other extensions available, and on and on and on

Did you explain any of the background in your listing? (I didn't look) If not you should it can help. But a dog is a dog we all have them.

•••
Paul, As I said about 7 times in the initial post, it's not personal, and I'm not having a go...

Just pointing out and chatting :)

•••
Originally posted by SY4
Paul, As I said about 7 times in the initial post, it's not personal, and I'm not having a go...

Just pointing out and chatting :)

No worries, Matt ... and this is coming from one of those appraisers. Can't you just feel the Namepros Love™? :D
If anyone puts a domain name up there in the "Appraisals", they are subject to any other member's OPINION as to potential valuation ... which, of course, is subjective as CP has correctly pointed out. Thus, IMHO, it is RIGHT that such a comment be given ... if that is what the appraiser truly believes. Appraisals are free, and it's all good in the end. Market your domain names to potential End user's, as well ... and if you need asssitance with procuring some potential "leads" in this regard, ask and 'ya shall receive, in most cases.
It's a good general discussion on a fine Labor Day Holiday.
Thanks.
B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back