IT.COM

What got you into domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CrazyTech

Wordpress & Web Hosting GuyVIP Member
Impact
How did you get into domains?

I noticed in the other thread that many of us younger guys started out with programming and web design. So my question is, how did you get here?

Personally, it started with buying domains for websites other than my hosting/personal website(s). I ended up not working on a few projects and then decided to sell the names. I made a few bucks and it went from there. I also came across a DNF invite for cheap and that really got me started. I earned the money I spent on the invite in a few hours.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just wanted to make some more money so i thought i would try domains.

•••
i dont really know how i got here, i actually forgot

•••
i dont really know how i got here, i actually forgot

Let me guess slugged over the head and forced into it? ;)

•••
I got into domains after trying web design (failed to do this miserably), and found the domaining is far easier. I am now in it for money and the pure fun of it :kickass:

•••
Yeah, domaining is really fun! :D especially when we sell domains for more than reg fee B-)

•••
I thiiink i thought ; Im bored....

So i was searching google, found NamePros, and started posting and learning.... :tu:

•••
aaaah, i know why i come here, i come here just to advertise my site, but i got drawn in by you lot, funnily enough, ive made websites since i was 9, ive always used free alternatives, i got my 1st paid domain just a month ago, and i been namepro'ing ever since :D

•••
The fact that I needed one domain and I found out you could make money on reselling them so I though I'd try it out and here I am how.. a domain addict :p

•••
Its cool to have websites

•••
I wanted to start a website (Which I still haven't done yet) and wanted to get a domain name...

•••
I think namepros got me into this ;)

•••
Qwert don't you have that gaming forum

•••
I think Relo owns it and that he's getting NP$ for having it in his sig ;)

•••
NamePros get me into domains before to come here I did't have intrested in domains.

•••
I read something about Rick Schwartz a few years back and what he was doing

Came across webhostingtalk and started programming, with my first $ from that I regged some domains sold em then repeated the process and the rest is history :)

•••
Joined namepros. Don't know how I found out about it. Got a domain for 100 NP$ and the rest is history.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back