peaudecastor

québécois libreEstablished Member
Impact
to open a case at UDRP ?

I heard it's 1500$.

Can someone confirm me this ?

I would like to get some info on this

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Excellent resources, Dax!

Number of Disputed Domain Names (1)
Single-Member Panel ($1,150)
Three-Member Panel ($2,500)

These are the costs to the Complainant, who also has the option of choosing either Panel (which they will make a strategic decision on prior to filing), under UDRP. These are my interpretations and not in place of competent legal advice.

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Excellent resources, Dax!

These are the costs to the Complainant, who also has the option of choosing either Panel (which they will make a strategic decision on prior to filing), under UDRP. These are my interpretations and not in place of competent legal advice.

No problem :)

Just have in mind that you need help of a legal expert, who costs 1500$+ per case (that is if you dont have 1 in your company)...

Which makes it 1150+1500== around 2500-3000$ per case.

•••
Righto, those "legal fees" can add up quickly (as you say, if they are not already on the company payroll) ... and must be factored in to the overall "cost" for filing. Good point!
B-)

•••
So I guess than 1000$ is a reasonable price if you have a trademarked domain

•••
Originally posted by DotsAvenue

Could be :) That is the upper limit IMHO.

•••
•••

Question: Do you mean IF you own a domain which is trademarked (as a potential respondent), ie., "Asking price"? :o
Thanks.

•••
enjoyed this thread. very informative discussion. thanks all.:lala:

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Question: Do you mean IF you own a domain which is trademarked (as a potential respondent), ie., "Asking price"? :o
Thanks.

Yeah exactly... IF :P

•••
Yeah exactly... IF :P

Be careful here ... perhaps after one's been served with the Complaint, subject to discussion with competent legal counsel, IMHO. "Asking" prior would be an exhibition of "bad faith" ... which could be used against one in the actual UDRP. The figures presented here are simply some of the costs associated with filing for an UDRP (by a Complainant).
B-)

•••
Coolhost point if the domains in bad faith .. you'll get nothing ... be careful.

tw

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back