Dynadot

discuss What new gTLDs have you sold and at what price?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Landov

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I got a $200 offer for slots.life at Flippa but I rejected it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately i didnt sell or even got any offers for my domains. I wonder how you find end users. Once i emailed several coffee places to promote my domain ( mycoffee.place/ourcoffee.place ) but no one answered. And imo it is very brandable! I really envy you mr. Kohsamui! Joking..:D

•••
•••
About 50% via my own landing pages and 50% via marketplaces (Sedo, Afternic and GoDaddy).

Off topic: I work with domains about 25-30 hours per week, so "my relative success" has a lot to do with spending a lot of time looking for domains. My real hourly income is not that impressive. At least not yet. ;)

Congrats. Can you share how many names you had to buy and hold to sell 38? How much that portfolio costed and how much the renewals in total will make for the year?

•••
•••
Congrats. Can you share how many names you had to buy and hold to sell 38? How much that portfolio costed and how much the renewals in total will make for the year?

I have about 500 new gTLDs, but have dropped 100-150, so about 350-400 will remain in the portfolio. The total cost for renewing my new gTLDs will be about $7500 this year (2015).

I hope I can sell a few better (also more expensive) ones in 2016, ones such as Plastic //dot// cards. I'm rather new into doing this seriously and I try not to rush things. I believe in many of my names, but I still understand that my believes means nothing if the market do not agree. It's a wait-and-see-game.

•••
Havenot sold any. Learned here.

•••
I have about 500 new gTLDs, but have dropped 100-150, so about 350-400 will remain in the portfolio. The total cost for renewing my new gTLDs will be about $7500 this year (2015).

I hope I can sell a few better (also more expensive) ones in 2016, ones such as Plastic //dot// cards. I'm rather new into doing this seriously and I try not to rush things. I believe in many of my names, but I still understand that my believes means nothing if the market do not agree. It's a wait-and-see-game.

Your renewals are not too high. Do you assume some discounts or you've only selected the extensions with reasonable/low regular fees?

Plastic.Cards is good one )

•••
Your renewals are not too high. Do you assume some discounts or you've only selected the extensions with reasonable/low regular fees?

Plastic.Cards is good one )

Thanks...

I do most often (but not always) stay away from names with renewal fees greater than $40 a year. I think more than 80% of my names have a renewal fee lower than $25. I have a few so-called "premiums", but almost all of them are $36 a year.

A majority of my names have an annual renewal fee from $5 - $13 (.CLUB, .XYZ, .WORK, .ONLINE, .CLICK, .LINK, .TOP, .ROCKS, .SPACE, but also .COM, .NET, .SE, .UK, .DE and so on).

•••
Sedo results:

1.DIRECT SOLD FOR $ 2,500. (ALREADY PAID ON THIS) Great buyer.
SOLD 2 OTHER .DIRECT AT $ 2,500-$3000, 1 FELL THROUGH AND OTHER MIGHT ALSO.
SOLD INS.AGENCY FOR $ 7,500. IT ALSO FELL THROUGH.

Getting a little frustrated with Sedo. They really need to change their process to include a momentary commitment at time of purchase(could be a % of purchase price up to a certain amount). That would reduce the number of people just walking away from their purchase commitment.

1 other $ 1,000 OFFER ON SOCCER.CENTER WHICH I TURNED DOWN.

•••
Sedo results:

1.DIRECT SOLD FOR $ 2,500. (ALREADY PAID ON THIS) Great buyer.
SOLD 2 OTHER .DIRECT AT $ 2,500-$3000, 1 FELL THROUGH AND OTHER MIGHT ALSO.
SOLD INS.AGENCY FOR $ 7,500. IT ALSO FELL THROUGH.

Getting a little frustrated with Sedo. They really need to change their process to include a momentary commitment at time of purchase(could be a % of purchase price up to a certain amount). That would reduce the number of people just walking away from their purchase commitment.

1 other $ 1,000 OFFER ON SOCCER.CENTER WHICH I TURNED DOWN.

Sorry about that: It should read:

Getting a little frustrated with Sedo. They really need to change their process to include a MONETARY commitment at time of purchase(could be a % of purchase price up to a certain amount). That would reduce the number of people just walking away from their purchase commitment.

•••
Thanks for your sold list, Kohsamui. Can you tell which ones were sold to end users and which ones to domainers?

•••
Sorry about that: It should read:

Getting a little frustrated with Sedo. They really need to change their process to include a MONETARY commitment at time of purchase(could be a % of purchase price up to a certain amount). That would reduce the number of people just walking away from their purchase commitment.

Yeah I totally agree... the current % of sale deal is very vague and leaves too much room for them to shaft us.

•••
Thanks...

A majority of my names have an annual renewal fee from $5 - $13 (.CLUB, .XYZ, .WORK, .ONLINE, .CLICK, .LINK, .TOP, .ROCKS, .SPACE, but also .COM, .NET, .SE, .UK, .DE and so on).
I am a new domainer and not a fan of new gtld's. But I have one: (printing/dot/gallery). I got no offers yet for this domain in last 2 years but people visits in the parked page. I saw a domainer asking xx,xxx for 'painting/dot/gallery'. So I am confused about my one and only "printing/dot/gallery".

I can see you have a great experience dealing with new gtld's. What you think about this domain? Should I drop or keep? what is the asking price should be to a end user for this domain? Please give me a suggestion.

Any comment is "welcome" from the other folks about this domain.

•••
I am a new domainer and not a fan of new gtld's. But I have one: (printing/dot/gallery). I got no offers yet for this domain in last 2 years but people visits in the parked page. I saw a domainer asking xx,xxx for 'painting/dot/gallery'. So I am confused about my one and only "printing/dot/gallery".

I can see you have a great experience dealing with new gtld's. What you think about this domain? Should I drop or keep? what is the asking price should be to a end user for this domain? Please give me a suggestion.

Any comment is "welcome" from the other folks about this domain.

Hi,

I will be very honest and say that I would personally drop it. Only Printinggallery //dot// com is taken and the search volume is not that high for this two keywords combined. The CPC is decent.

I would personally list it for a low $XXX, based on the data that was researched.

Best of luck though! I hope I am wrong.

•••
I have sold Yuan.red for 49 $ ...
You can see the sale on flippa.com by searching for yuan.red

•••
Hi,

I will be very honest and say that I would personally drop it. Only Printinggallery //dot// com is taken and the search volume is not that high for this two keywords combined. The CPC is decent.

I would personally list it for a low $XXX, based on the data that was researched.

Best of luck though! I hope I am wrong.
Thanks for your great observation. I really appreciate with your comment. It will help me to make decision for next renewal of the domain. Thanks... :)

•••
California.estate for 8500 dollars

•••
California.estate for 8500 dollars

What happend with newyork.cab, rumours it was sold to another domainer after you paid the $1000 annual renewal for many years out?

•••
What happend with newyork.cab, rumours it was sold to another domainer after you paid the $1000 annual renewal for many years out?

sold that one too.

•••
I'm curious about possibly exploring some of the new extensions but really have no grasp of what a good starting point would be. Any suggestions? Thanks.

•••
I just sold jobs.bio for 10.5k!

•••
•••
I just sold jobs.bio for 10.5k!

Congratulations!

Ps. If you want, you can report the sale to: Namebio.com, Dnjournal.com, Sold.domains and Dnpric.es, so people can see that new gTLDs also are selling at the aftermarket.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back