NameSilo

What's it like where you live?

Spaceship
Watch
Whats it like where you live? I'm in Florida, USA.

It's very hot here, yet the people here seem to need to wear jackets even when it's 85 F just because it's winter. And it even feels hotter then that because it's so humid. Yep we're still in the shorts and t-shirt time.

The people here are pretty much the standard white trash types. I am in one of those towns that brings the country's literacy rate down. Only sence of urbanity here is that if I want to leave I can walk to the airport. Literally, I walk my dog up there every day, thats how small it is. So a very rural area.

There is a lot of construction going on. Thats making me wonder when the people on 30 acre lots are going to sell it? It's up at like 60-80K an acre now. Still pretty low if you compare it to the rest of the world but 30 acres is a lot of space. And appearentally realestate is going up 10% a year, which brings up the question, how many rich urban rednecks are there?

They seem to be farming less in the area, still a few ranches but it's starting to become more of a tourist area then a farming area. People that want to go to Disney World stay here sometimes because it's a lot cheeper. However they'll be driving 2-3 hours a day if they plan to stay here. Yep there is always a downside.

Fast food industry here sucks, I mean in places like Zurich it's worse but thats because all the people are too good to eat fast food. That doesn't apply to this place. I thought USA was supposed to have a lot of fast food, so much for that. I mean they have a McDonalds in every city in the area, and usaually multipul ones but they can't get anything other then burgers and stuff. I tend to eat a very little amount of beef and I don't eat pork but thats what 90% of the fast food is here. Thank god for chickens and chicken products at Taco Bell. (Anyone else think their beans are nasty?)

No one that lives here was born here, and the few that were are complete racists. The people that move here most likly move for jobs (or as I said above, maybe they're all urban rednecks). AAA HQ is here, and a large building for Seiemns (or however I spell that, it's a German company that makes.... something) is here. Also people that live here do commute to Orlando. For what I don't know. If you're working at Fridays it just seems more reasonable to live there. I don't know of any executive jobs in the area over there.

Well I just typed all this cause I was boared, but whats it like where you live?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I live in Bristol ,UK.

I cant say much about it really....

a million people odd live here :) so its a big variety of people and food!

•••
i live in rugby, ENGLAND :tu: atm its stormey

•••
I live in sydney, australia and right now its really hot =\ my fans not even good enough.. im still sweating...

•••
Excel9 said:
I live in sydney, australia and right now its really hot =\ my fans not even good enough.. im still sweating...

It hot here too, and we're in winter. It's summer there right? (And thats proper Engligh grammer, appearentally we aren't supposed to capitalize seasons (I learned something today ;))

You guys gotta get an air conditioner. It gets over 110 heat index (heat+humidity+wind speed) all the time through summer.

•••
in belfast in ireland

it sucks :P

•••
Hampton-in-Arden -- UK

Its a nice area.... the people are friendly. People always say "oohh... hampton in arden... thats posh, isn't it?" and its not really. There aren't really any posh places to it! There are a few big houses but the people there are not stuck up at all.

Its not too bad here. Not snowing though! :( Its a bit cold and it has rained a bit. We had some gale force winds some time ago but they didn't do much!

:)

•••
I'm the only one other then Excel that's not in UK?

•••
Im in Canberra, Australia's capital city. Was my birthday on Thursday so have been out for the last couple of nights and for the next few. Im planning on going to the UK for around 3 months later in the year just to meet some different people and maybe a girl with one of those awesome accents. Its sunny and hot here. and well away from the beach :(

QBert

•••
Qwert said:
You guys gotta get an air conditioner. It gets over 110 heat index (heat+humidity+wind speed) all the time through summer.

lol can't afford an air conditioner.. im too cheap :|

•••
Excel9 said:
lol can't afford an air conditioner.. im too cheap :|

Not that expensive, like $50-$100 each. We have like 10 of them. (Some rooms need more then 1)

•••
lol, thats a lotta air con ;)

•••
yeah your house would probably feel like a freezer LMAO :D

•••
You can't imagine how hot it is here...

•••
yeah its like when your inside your house it feels so nice then when you walk outside your on fire LMAO :D

•••
We are in a cement house so it's hotter inside our house then outside when the AC isn't on. And it's above 80 all year, plus it's very humid. Still sweating by standing outside in shorts and a teeshirt at night time here. And we're in winter.

•••
O_O above 80!!! you've got to be joking!! I can't imagine how hot that would be!! In Australia we only go a little above 40!! :D

•••
80 F, thats like 25 C I think. But thats in winter, and it's always very humid here...

•••
Ohhhhhhh i thought 80 C... lol your weather isn't worse than the weather here in australia after all :D

•••
You guys are in summer though, we're in winter. Plus Florida has some of the highest humidity in the world. It gets well above 40C Heat index in summer, probabally up at 55C heat index some days in Summer (Heat index is how hot it feels (A combo of heat, humidity, and wind chill)

However it was nice yesterday, like 10C. But it's back up at like 30C today... (I'm always talking about heat index)

•••
lol, east midlands UK 4C the other day with almost terrential rain :(

lol, extremely cold all the time even in spring..

•••
"east midlands UK"

that where you live?

•••
what weather do you guys like better ?

hot or cold?

•••
hot but not 2 hot ...... it gives me a headache lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back