IT.COM

Where to start?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'd like to get into this domain business, cuz it seems that there's a fair profit to be made. :) Where do I start? Any tips for a newbie like me?? Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You've already made the "first step", Gal!
Read the posts and comments here at #1 Namepros and you will pick up a LOT of information and tips from some of the biggest and most successful professional domainers in the world.
Ask questions if you don't understand, everyone here is willing to assist.
Good Luck! :)

•••
:) Ok thanks, I hope I don't go and do something stupid with my money, lol...

•••
Hey there, Wicked,
Thanks for referring me to this great forum. I'm in the same boat as you though, obviously. I have to start posting, huh? Plus, I have a lot of reading to do. This place has a lot of good conversations.
-Janet

•••
Welcome, Janet! :)
To start; ask, read, and participate ... it takes time, mostly, and a LOVE of domains, as well as your fellow domainers.

:hearts:

Have fun.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Just start off browsing a few deleted domain lists for names you think would be good sellers thats what i did and i made some good quick sales and i am in profit
Just rememebr not to go overboard ;)
or youll get stuck with useless domains like me :D

•••
•••
I'm new to this whole thing too and before I do anything I'll just sit my butt down and read everything here. ;)

•••
some other great resources:
http://www.DomainState
http://www.DNJournal.com (read my rookie year in the domain business or something close to that title)

most of us get stuck with crappy names, dont expect to sell every name, and especially not instantly.

•••
http://www.DNJournal.com

EXCELLENT reference, Kohashi! Thanks for posting that. :)
NP member "Duke" is the author, and it's a very informative and educational read. Visit his site for many more tips, references.
Good Luck.

•••
Re: where to start?

Originally posted by wicked_gal00
I'd like to get into this domain business, cuz it seems that there's a fair profit to be made. :) Where do I start? Any tips for a newbie like me?? Thanks!

Hi sent you a Pm...
Hope it helps

•••
Maybe someone should write a newbie tutorial? hmm I guess I will start one if some members can help me on my way? CoolHost.com how does that sound?

•••
Originally posted by adill420
Maybe someone should write a newbie tutorial? hmm I guess I will start one if some members can help me on my way? CoolHost.com how does that sound?

Sounds GREAT! :)
You write it, I'll proof-read, edit it as you go along. General guidelines, do's and dont's, helpful suggestions ... leads, marketing, and negotiation skills. Please avoid the "Legal" and potential TM arena at this time, IMHO.
Please drop me a PM once you get going, Adill. Appreciate this!
Thanks.

•••
maybe a newbie forum, to help out the newcomers? :)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Sounds GREAT! :)
You write it, I'll proof-read, edit it as you go along. General guidelines, do's and dont's, helpful suggestions ... leads, marketing, and negotiation skills. Please avoid the "Legal" and potential TM arena at this time, IMHO.
Please drop me a PM once you get going, Adill. Appreciate this!
Thanks.

Sounds good. I have started working on it. As I go along I will keep in touch with you to further get some ideas etc. Thanks

•••
Thank you so much guys for doing this. I'm sure it will help tons! :)

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
Thank you so much guys for doing this. I'm sure it will help tons! :)

You're welcome..Just keep them ladies coming haha! ..nah keep the crowd coming and I am sure everyone who will read the tutorial, its going to benefit them a lot.. :)

By the way: I started somewhere too :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back