Domain Empire

Who remembers...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Who remembers the kid from Minn. who sent the blaster virus everywhere and crashed 5-10 million dollars worth of MS's software. AND had the virus going back to the domain where he registered his REAL NAME under... HAHAHAHAHA

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jeffrey Lee Parson and from what i recall he infected alot of computers with a B version of the blaster worm and never acually got access to microsoft

•••
he was some 350lb. kid i think lol

•••
this was the first time i heard about this , doesnt seem like he was thinking if he registered the domain in his real name .

•••
wow, there was a HUGE article about the poor kid on MANY websites, surprised you didnt hear about it... here it is...

Blaster virus suspect a loner with 7 pcs

A Minnesota high school pupil arrested for allegedly launching a damaging version of a computer virus was described by his neighbours today as a loner who drives too fast.

Bill McKittrick called 18-year-old Jeffrey Lee Parson "a computer genius", but not a criminal.

"He's smart on the computer, but I cannot believe he was doing any hacking," McKittrick said.

Another neighbour, Curtis Mackey, said the burly teen had few friends and drove too fast in their neighbourhood.

"He's just got one kid he hangs with typically," he said. "He speeds up our street and it really ticks me off."

Parson, known online as "teekid", was arrested yesterday. Court papers said FBI and Secret Service agents searched Parson's home in Hopkins on August 19 and seized seven computers, which are still being analysed.

In an interview with FBI Special Agent Eric Smithmier, Parson admitted modifying the original "Blaster" infection and creating a version known by a variety of different names, including "Blaster.B.", court papers said.

Parson nearly always wears baggy jeans with T-shirts and sports constantly changing hair cuts and colours, neighbours say. Last time Mackey saw him, he had long, blond hair and spikes on the top.

He never saw Parson with a computer and was surprised he had developed a computer virus.

"I didn't think he had the smarts for it myself," he said, adding, "The profile kind of fits. He kind of liked to be alone a lot."

Parson operated the t33kid.com website, according to internet registration records. The site appeared yesterday not to have any content on it but previously contained software code for at least one virus and a listing of the most-damaging viruses circulating on the internet.

The FBI said in court documents that at least 7,000 computers were infected by Parson's software.

Parson told investigators he built into his version of the Blaster worm a method for reconnecting to victim computers later, according to court papers. Infected computers automatically registered themselves with Parson's website so he could keep track of them.

Different versions of the virus-like worm, alternately called "LovSan" or "Blaster", snarled corporate networks. Symantec Corp., a leading anti-virus vendor, said the worm and its variants infected more than 500,000 computers worldwide. Experts consider it one of the worst outbreaks this year.

All the Blaster virus variants took advantage of a flaw in Microsoft's flagship Windows software.

At a court hearing in St Paul, Minnesota, US Magistrate Judge Susan Richard Nelson told Parson not to access the internet or any other network connection as a condition of his release under electronic monitoring. He did not enter a plea.

Parson is the first person arrested in connection with the attack. Investigators would not say whether any other arrests were imminent.

Parson's next court hearing is on September 17 in Seattle, where the case was being investigated.

He faces one federal count of intentionally causing damage to a protected computer. If convicted, he could face up to 10 years in prison and a fine of up to 250,000 (£165,000).

Tom Heffelfinger, the US attorney for Minnesota, said the case would be turned over to a grand jury to decide whether more charges will be filed.

"This kind of prosecution should be a warning shot across the bow of hackers," Heffelfinger said. "We're serious about it, and we're coming after you."

In court, the high school senior wore a T-shirt that read "Big Daddy" on the front and "Big and Bad" with a grizzly bear on the back. He sported a metal stud under his lip and his hair was dyed blond on top and shaved close around the sides and back.

Parson's defence lawyer for the hearing, Lionel Norris, argued for putting him on home monitoring. He is allowed to leave home only for doctor visits and school.

Parson was told he would be assigned a permanent public defender after he said he had no income, no assets and only $3 (£2) in a savings account.

His mother, Rita Parson, seated in the back row of the courtroom, sighed heavily and wiped tears from her face before the hearing. Neither she nor Parson's father, Robert, would comment afterwards.

Picture:
http://www.breakfastoflosers.com/archives/loserjeffrey.JPG

Last edited:
•••
his domain is in redemption status..i wonder if anyone would grab it

•••
lol most definately... who wouldnt want a major hackers website LOL

•••
Call me a fool but I think we should congratulate these kids for their ingenuity.

Also, if your system can be exploited then maybe it should be exploited. Just as in biosystems, a virus that doesn't kill can actually help the system to grow stronger and resistent to future attacks.

•••
true and that is why proper guidance is essential for kids with his talent so as it can be put to good use instead

•••
•••
Heh my my friend says he lived 2 towns away from him!

•••
Originally posted by DSL
Heh my my friend says he lived 2 towns away from him!

WD-:W how lucky is he!

•••
Also, if your system can be exploited then maybe it should be exploited.

I have to disagree. If I don't take karate classes, does that mean I deserve to get my ass kicked by school bullies? If I spend all my time creating useful web content and have no time or talent for OS hardening, does that mean I deserve to have my website defaced?

Just as in biosystems, a virus that doesn't kill can actually help the system to grow stronger and resistent to future attacks.

A man who develops and spreads a new virus that doesn't kill, but just hurts other people would be made to suffer the consequences. Why should computer virus developers be treated differently, if they damage other people's property and livelihood?

I was an infosec for a major bank before, and I still believe that the most cost-effective way of protecting ourselves isn't hacker-proofing our systems (simply because there is no such thing as perfect hacker-proofing, and the cost and system un-usability rise exponentially). Instead, the most effective way is by finding and punishing those who would do us harm.

Same is true in dealing with criminals out to 'get' us. While home defense systems are nice, you can truly sleep at night only if you know that your enemies are behind bars, not sneaking around looking for a way in.

Sorry for the long post. I'm okay now. :D

•••
Not too lucky :lol: I wouldn't want to live near him :p

•••
Well, at least we know that none of our computers were infected with the Blaster or Blaster.b virus... Thank God... *knocks on wood*

•••
what ever came about this issue , is he still awaiting trial or is in in jail or walk free

•••
i think he's still awaiting trial..

•••
Wahaha, that article was funny!

•••
ya, hes still on trial... cant do ANYTHING with a phone or a computer unless a government official is watching him no more than 2 feet away... and when he uses the phone, the gov. have to be with him at all times... sux for him huh? makes me wanna hack! :lol: *joke*

•••
Originally posted by x3knet
ya, hes still on trial... cant do ANYTHING with a phone or a computer unless a government official is watching him no more than 2 feet away... and when he uses the phone, the gov. have to be with him at all times... sux for him huh? makes me wanna hack! :lol: *joke*

just like the movie Hackers..heh

•••
exactly like the movie... i saw that right after i heard about this kid with the blaster virus and i was like OMG THATS RIGHT FROM HACKERS!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back