IT.COM

WP issue - 2 blogs on 1 site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi, all. :)

I moved one of my Wordpress blogs onto my main site, so, now there are 2 blogs there, side by side.

Trouble is, when I click on an article in Blog A, it suddenly switches to the theme of Blog B, and says "page not found".

See: http://www.alphaila.com/blog/

Any ideas?
To do the move, aside from moving the blog files themselves, I updated the following mySQL settings:
wp_options >> siteurl (I put the new URL here)
wp_options >> home (same)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fixed. :)

Last edited:
•••
can you please tell me how you fixed this problem?I am thinking to do the same thing.

•••
In phpMyAdmin, I had to bring up the blog's database, then go to the Search tab, and manually run through and replace all references to the old domain. In this case, any instances of both "deefrag.com/articles" and just "deefrag.com" had to be changed to "alphaila.com/blog" and "alphaila.com".
(On the Search page, in the "Inside Tables" box, make sure you highlight everything before you do the search. I'm sure most people don't realize that.)

If your blog is huge, or you're a coder, this page mentions a command you can do, in the SQL tab, but I don't know how to use it. Wait, I just found a someone's sample line, and it seems simple enough:
UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = replace(post_content,"coolstuff.com","lancelhoff.com")
Bear in mind that "wp_posts" isn't the only table you need to update. According to the Search, looks like I had to update "wp_posts", "wp_users", "wp_options", and "wp_commentmeta". In that sample line above, there's also "post_content", but I don't know what else to put there.

Always backup your database before messing with stuff.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back