NameSilo

Yahoo Listed? How to tell...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
How do you tell if a domain is Yahoo listed or not? For example, if I type in "w3b" in Yahoo.. my w3b.us site shows up in the listing.. does that mean it's Yahoo listed or is it a result pulled from Google?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yahoo doesn't get it's result from google anymore, so if you find your domain name there it's been indexed by Y!..

But it's not the same as being listed in the Yahoo directory.
Do a search for you domain name(s) here to find out if you're in there (or not): :)
http://search.yahoo.com/search/dir?ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&p=w3b.us

•••
•••
go to:

http://www.whois.sc/hardcrow.com

where hardcrow.com is whatever domain name you are looking up.

when you go to the hardcrow link you should see where it says listed in yahoo directory and if you click on it, you'll be shown where it is listed

Steve

•••
Thanks.. that was a handy link!

stscac said:
go to:

http://www.whois.sc/hardcrow.com

where hardcrow.com is whatever domain name you are looking up.

when you go to the hardcrow link you should see where it says listed in yahoo directory and if you click on it, you'll be shown where it is listed

Steve

•••
Whois.sc isn't always up to date, one of my site got listed in the Yahoo directory a few weeks ago, and it's still not updated there..

So it's easiest to go directly to yahoo and search for your site there.. :)

•••
yea i would do it directly with yahoo... then you get up-to-date results... also to see which pages yahoo actually indexed you can do a search with this syntax "site:w3b.com" sometimes search engines "keep you in mind" and only index your first page... this mite be something you want to pay attention to.

-Jeremy

•••
it seems to be a great advatage to be listed in the yahoo directory,
for it cost what a few hundred dollars a year to be in there,
now the ??? i have is once your listed in the directory do you need to pay each year,
beacause if you apply to be listed it says you need to make the $xxx each year.

•••
harpo said:
now the ??? i have is once your listed in the directory do you need to pay each year,
yea it is really a bit expensive... the DMOZ directory is free and gives nearly the same results... but its hard to get them to except you, you have to be a unique kind of website.

•••
•••
harpo said:

You can get listed for free in the Yahoo! directory, but it can take forever to get accepted...
But you can also be lucky.
My site got accepted in there a few weeks ago, just 3-4 weeks after I suggested it...

•••
Check your site traffic stats. Look under webalizer and see where your sites traffic originates from. It will tell you what keyword combinations and everything people are using to find your site.

dgridley said:
How do you tell if a domain is Yahoo listed or not? For example, if I type in "w3b" in Yahoo.. my w3b.us site shows up in the listing.. does that mean it's Yahoo listed or is it a result pulled from Google?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back