IT.COM

sales 1Money.com Sold For $40,000 USD At Atom

Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats to the seller, I have Totally1.com, Fully1.com, Known1.com

Last edited:
•••
I like the logo of the dollar bill swirling down the drain.

Otherwise I give the name a thumbs up.

Last edited:
•••
Oh another one, help us all. maybe they are dating the beyondbabies person.

These people must have a planet made up of atmospheres where you just grab monies from spatial territories to place on ridiculous names.

Could be wrong, often am actually, but imo dot-com naming has hit rock-bottom based on recent sales events.

•••
•••
congrats!!!
I have MoneyAi.app I wonder, 🤔 lol

•••
1Money selling for $40,000 in 2024 makes sense.
No it doesn't. You can't expect 0.1% after adding a number to a premium domain. There are plenty of these kind of domains that are unregistered.

The only reason to pick up 1money.com is as a redirect to onemoney.com.

•••
1money.global is a developed website.

•••
Was here for sale at lower price
Good for him sold at 40k
🤗

•••
No it doesn't. You can't expect 0.1% after adding a number to a premium domain. There are plenty of these kind of domains that are unregistered.

The only reason to pick up 1money.com is as a redirect to onemoney.com.

1money is taken in 28 extensions.

And another ~30 domains that start with 1money -- e.g. 1moneyapp, 1moneycard etc.

So perhaps there are other reasons to pick up this name ;) And if you can't tell the difference between this name and other "these kind" of names available to hand reg then you're in trouble.

Was up here for 10k wholesale back in Feb:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/1money-com.1319897/

•••
1money is taken in 28 extensions.

And another ~30 domains that start with 1money -- e.g. 1moneyapp, 1moneycard etc.
What's your point? It doesn't follow established domain conventions.

So perhaps there are other reasons to pick up this name ;) And if you can't tell the difference between this name and other "these kind" of names available to hand reg then you're in trouble.
Not really, because I don't believe it's valuable. You occasionally see these domains with numbers and hyphens sell for too much, but that doesn't mean that they're good investments overall.

And surprise-surprise, no one bought it.

•••
What's your point? It doesn't follow established domain conventions.

Perhaps you’re too hung up on “domain conventions “ rather than seeing what’s right in front of you.

Not really, because I don't believe it's valuable. You occasionally see these domains with numbers and hyphens sell for too much, but that doesn't mean that they're good investments overall.

No one said anything about a good overall investment. The key is in spotting specific opportunities. It was obviously a good investment because it sold for the price it did.

At $10k there were never going to be many buyers. But it sold at retail and that’s what matters.

•••
surprise-surprise this is a domainer forum, so it's hard to sell something for $10K.

But surprise-surprise... it finally was sold for $40K to an end user. (y)

By the way, the domain has a GD value of $10K, and anyone with a minimum knowledge about how GD appraisal works knows that with that high value, that domain had "something" serious on it.

Not every GD value means something, but typically a $10K GD value tells you the domain is something worth paying attention to.

You are welcome (y)

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps you’re too hung up on “domain conventions “ rather than seeing what’s right in front of you.
Yes, because it's all about patterns, e.g. "How often do domains like these sell?" "How common are use-cases?" etc. Sometimes people get lucky, and there's no point in reading too deep into it.

No one said anything about a good overall investment. The key is in spotting specific opportunities. It was obviously a good investment because it sold for the price it did.
This was him getting lucky. Nothing else. Some people who play the lottery end up winning.

At $10k there were never going to be many buyers. But it sold at retail and that’s what matters.
I doubt it would've sold at $1,000. And I wouldn't have been interested in it for any price.

surprise-surprise this is a domainer forum, so it's hard to sell something for $10K.
Not if there's a good chance of flipping it for $40,000.

By the way, the domain has a GD value of $10K, and anyone with a minimum knowledge knows that with that GD value, that domain had "something" serious on it.
GoDaddy's domain appraiser is arguably the worst appraiser out there. For reference, Estibot has the domain appraised at $640. That said, automated appraisals are worthless.

Not every GD value means something, but tipycally a $10K GD value tells you the domain is something worth paying attention to.
I don't get these horoscope-type appraisal readings. Not a single automated appraisal means anything because they don't account for sales volume.

Last edited:
•••
Not at 10k here...why?
Because is not about money , many here have a lot of money...problem is another...no activity on Namepros marketplace vs other sections on Namepros

Last edited:
•••
These people must have a planet made up of atmospheres where you just grab monies from spatial territories to place on ridiculous names.

The picture attached to the tweet says "seller paid", so it was just a wash trade. ;)

•••
Definitely sold for a less than 1/4 of retail a steal for the buyer. However, it's still a nice flip, I just hope the owner didn't lose 1money on it.

•••
Yes, because it's all about patterns, e.g. "How often do domains like these sell?" "How common are use-cases?" etc. Sometimes people get lucky, and there's no point in reading too deep into it.

This was him getting lucky. Nothing else. Some people who play the lottery end up winning.

I doubt it would've sold at $1,000. And I wouldn't have been interested in it for any price.

Not if there's a good chance of flipping it for $40,000.

GoDaddy's domain appraiser is arguably the worst appraiser out there. For reference, Estibot has the domain appraised at $640. That said, automated appraisals are worthless.

I don't get these horoscope-type appraisal readings. Not a single automated appraisal means anything because they don't account for sales volume.
I get the sense you seem baffled and frustrated that these sales don't fit into your model of how domain selling should work.

•••
Any idea who bought it ? Thank you.

•••
I saw this domain 1money.com listed at Sedo around septmener to october 2023.. for less than $1500 USD. I was reluctant in paying for the domain and I ended up adding the domain on my watchlist in expireddomains.net..

Right now the domain is still on my watchlist ..

Good luck

•••

There is a pattern, part of which I shared earlier.

Just because the raw name doesn’t confine itself to some arbitrary definition of what makes a “good” domain name doesn’t mean there aren’t a dozen other signals that this name was a good investment.

Once you reverse engineer that you see why these sales are made and how they are not luck or gambling 😉

Last edited:
•••
not worth 40k for sure... but that doesn't mean buyer and seller cant both be happy about deal.

•••
https://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2001/d2001-0693.html

Screenshot_20240506_205234_Chrome.jpg

•••
I get the sense you seem baffled and frustrated that these sales don't fit into your model of how domain selling should work.
Well...you're wrong. I don't have an issue with outlier sales. They happen all the time. They're part of the environment. What I have an issue with is people presenting outlier sales as fair deals.

There is a pattern, part of which I shared earlier.
I'm referring to sales patterns. This is a number + word domain, without any grammatical cohesion. These are infrequent sales. Because they're not good. If you tell someone to "go to one money dot com," they will go to onemoney.com. It's a terrible domain for brandability and memorability.

Just because the raw name doesn’t confine itself to some arbitrary definition of what makes a “good” domain name doesn’t mean there aren’t a dozen other signals that this name was a good investment.
What signals?

There's guy in this thread who allegedly saw this domain for less than $1,500 seven months ago.

I saw this domain 1money.com listed at Sedo around septmener to october 2023.. for less than $1500 USD. I was reluctant in paying for the domain and I ended up adding the domain on my watchlist in expireddomains.net..

Right now the domain is still on my watchlist ..

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
Well...you're wrong. I don't have an issue with outlier sales. They happen all the time. They're part of the environment. What I have an issue with is people presenting outlier sales as fair deals.

I'm referring to sales patterns. This is a number + word domain, without any grammatical cohesion. These are infrequent sales. Because they're not good. If you tell someone to "go to one money dot com," they will go to onemoney.com. It's a terrible domain for brandability and memorability.

What signals?

There's guy in this thread who allegedly saw this domain for less than $1,500 seven months ago.

You have very low knowledge of domains or you pretend to be a very successful domainer, You should atleast search the term on google.

Where would you go if someone ask to visit 1 password .com ? do you know 1password company worth?

Have you ever seen 1money app on app store with near 8 million downloads and famous app of finance niche ?

wish you luck.

Learn here instead of spreading hate and fake knowledge.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back