Dynadot

new gtlds 1st Day New gTLD Totals: .Tech 4,715; .Win 401; .Download 397; .Accountant 316; .Racing 263; .Loan 2

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Here are the number of domain name registrations including those registered in Sunrise by trademark holders:

.Tech - 4,715

.Win - 401

.Download - 397

.Accountant - 316

.Racing - 263

.Loan - 242

After the 2nd day of GA here are the totals:

.Tech - 5,267

.Win - 430

.Download - 429

.Accountant - 331

.Racing - 325

.Loan - 242

Source: The Domains

Any of these that you are interested in? I personally find .Tech very appealing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, I liked tech and already registered 2, but thinking to take a couple more...

•••
Looks like the steam is rapidly running out of the new gtlds?

•••
Looks like the steam is rapidly running out of the new gtlds?

I think it's a conglomeration of several things. I hate to sound like a broken record but in the beginning pricing was more favorable for the domainer along with availability.

Over the past year pricing has hit the roof removing many from the playing field except for a few with the financial backing to endure such a change.

Sure many are still registering new gTLDs but not the best ones they're being held back, or the ones so over priced that no domain investor would or should take that gamble. One example in .tech is secure .tech, it's $15,000. to register and a $15,000. per year renewal.

Also some of the slowdown is the amount of time that it now takes to dig, dig to find a good single keyword they have overlooked and they do overlook a few. I was able to find call .tech but I can't tell you the time that was spent finding this one within the haystack. I do know I looked at .tech several times before finding one I liked and wouldn't get robbed registering it.

Some of the other issues is the frustration of names being taken back after they were registered by domainers and along with domains being denied by the registry and then find out a couple days later someone else registered the same name at another register.

Many also think new gTLD domains will sell overnight. I'm not saying that can't happen but I look at new gTLDs as a five to ten year investment.

I could go on but if the steam is running out, what I've posted above is part of the problem
IMO.

Sorry for the thread derail//

Last edited:
•••
•••
I manage a corporate healthcare company and as a end user firstly we would register our country cctld and then a .com extension if we were to take on other brands and export. New gtlds will have potential in the future just be prepared to invest a bit of money into them for a while.

Companies normally look at what domains the current market uses and also that it can easily fit an email extension.

I've got about 25 x new gltds as I enjoy domaining but prepared to hold for 5-10+ years an understand the costs and risks. If you have money to invest an spend make sure you do your research.

The .com extension is the current best investment... If you type out a web address on the latest mobile phone the .com extension is displayed on the keypad.

Domainers are registering the new gtlds not so much end users...

•••
If you type out a web address on the latest mobile phone the .com extension is displayed on the keypad

Agree with most except for the above, new gTLD domains appear on mobile phones and not just .com.

•••
Again, most of the one word good names are holded by registry or priced with premium prices.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back