Domain Empire

discuss 1XYZ.com at $5,000 while 1.XYZ sold for $182,971?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Here's an interesting observation by Konstantinos of Online Domain:

I discovered by accident that the XYZ registry owns the domain name 1xyz.com too. The domain is parked and listed for sale at DomainNameSales.com.

I would believe that 1xyz.com would go hand in hand with 1.xyz. According to Sold.Domains 1.xyz is the most expensive New gTLD ever sold.

So why is the XYZ registry selling 1xyz.com for only $5,000?

Why isn’t the buyer of 1.xyz buying 1xyz.com as well to cover all bases and avoid any .com leakage? $5,000 is small change compared to the purchase of 1.xyz. Potentially he could sell the 2 domains as a package for even more money.
http://onlinedomain.com/2016/05/03/opinions/1xyz-com-sale-5000-1-xyz-sold-182971/

Source

How would you price your .COM versions of a new gTLD that has sold for a certain price.
For example, let's say you own CommercialApartments.com and Commercial.Apartments sold for $25,000, how would you price your .COM seeing this sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all you would have to be confident that the reported price is not fictitious - that it was a true arm's length transaction. Otherwise, your pricing decision is based on inaccurate data.

If Miami.Condos sold for $5000 to a Miami real estate agency I guess MiamiCondos.com would be worth much more. As an investor, .Condos I believe has a $70/year renewal whereas at Godaddy I can renew .COM for less than $9/year.

•••
The 1.xyz will most likely lose traffic to 1xyz.com

•••
So 1.xyz sold for almost the price of a medium house...

but I go to 1.xyz and there's no website.

I know it's only been 2 months, but if you're going to spend that much on the domain alone... how can you not already have a swarming team of keyboard-clacking web devs churning out powerful quality webpages in less than 10 hours?

I say it's a lie too.

•••
So 1.xyz sold for almost the price of a medium house...

but I go to 1.xyz and there's no website.

I say it's a lie too.

I wouldn't know if it was a lie.
Did you spot any other lie too?

•••
I think that miamicondos.com and miami.condos have a massive difference in value but are more comparable. Although they say something still the extensions vary in their value. 1xyz.com doesn't have that much with 1.xyz I understand your point but you can continue endless with this. Then you also can buy 1xyz.net etc. Speaking about the paid price and the empty website, have a look at shisha.com which is registered at a transaction of 180/190k last year. Site can't be more dead then it is nowadays.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back