Domain Empire

2Checkout.com

Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone used 2Checkout.com to handle payments on their e-commerce site? If so, what are some pros/cons?

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No comment on them :)
Anyone else ?
Me suggest mypaysystems
Take a look at them :)

•••
I think they're quite reliable, but I heard that money transfrs to your bank can take quite long.

•••
wasnt there a thread on this already? I am almost positive there was. Search next time before you make a duplicate thread.

•••
I never used them before. I spose they're OK. And iDeviseFlash, most people just look on the first page, if the thread they're gonna post isn't there, then they post it. They don't bother to search the other pages and don't have the common sense to use the "Search Forum" box ;)

Lol Joke. Don't take it seriously all you non-searchers out there.

•••
•••
OK then. I have heard some good things about them, and some bad things. Maybe I should try them out some time...

•••
•••
ya, paypal has given me the best experience so far...

•••
2Checkout.com is an excellent payment processor. They pay reliably and on-time. Every order is manually screened by 2Checkout's fraud team to lower the risk of fraudulent orders.

ClickBank is a similar service and I've found them to be completely inept at handling fraud. In my experience, fruad with Clickbank was 5X greater than with eBay or 2Checkout.

•••
I have used 2Checkout ( 2 years now?) and nothing but positive here. Payments are automatically deposit. You dont have to go into your 2checkout account and click any buttons... it is just automatically transfered after each order.

Positive.. Your customers dont have to create an account. They go straight into the payment process (unlike paypal). You can add your logo to the top and bottom of payment screen. So it is more private label and you can make it look like your site.
Bad..You have to add all of your new products into your 2checkout account, setup prices, get html, if you want to change the price on one of your products you have to go and login again.
so youre contantly login/logout takes longer to setup than paypal.

With the paypal code its all the same so you can simply copy and paste for each product. Way quicker. No need to login to make changes and such.

Of course the fees for paypal are cheaper and there is no signup fee. 2checkout fees are like one time 49 signup and 5.5% so its more.

•••
Yeah, they are pretty good, just VERY high fees.

•••
2checkout has setup fee and monthly fees and its rate is rather high. I recommend Ikobo or paypal.

•••
I've heard alot of bad about myPaySystems, even though I have an account with them and have personally not been through any problems.

I also have had ProPay.... But they charge an arm and a leg for an API, so I used to manually process CC... (weird setup, but I was in before they charged an annual fee an was grandfathered in and still don't pay one)

I now have a merchant account, PayPal, myPaySystems and ProPay...

I try to steer people to either PayPal or through my merchant account.

Finally if you're talking one-time charges (NON-SUBSCRIPTION), then PayPal NO LONGER requires that buyers signup for paypal to buy from you....

This has helped somewhat and probably has quite a few wrenches thrown in once you cross any borders of course...

Last edited:
•••
Just wondering if it's transferable..this 2checkout.com account

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back