Domain Empire

.tv 2K+ Domains Frozen By Court In Joel Williams Case: Is One Of Your’s On The List?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
A Tennessee State Chancery Court issued a temporary injunction freezing almost 2,200 domain names.

Many of the domains subject to the court order yesterday are not owned by any party to the lawsuit.

In fact at five of the domain’s on the list belong to my company, Worldwide Media, Inc.,

Other domains on the frozen list belong to other well known domainers including Telepathy, Inc., BuyDomains, RareNames, Inc., Mike Mann’s Domain Asset Holdings, Jon Schultz of Blue String Ventures, Inc, HugeDomains.com, and Legacy Fund LLC. and well as other domainers from all around the world.

The domain names we own that are on the list ClubPromoters.com and Cookoff.tv.

To read the full story :http://www.thedomains.com/2013/03/2...el-williams-case-is-one-of-yours-on-the-list/

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is simply insane.

As pointed out by many domainers, some of these names are not even registered, you can find some of them expiring across multiple places, still in live auction.

There were many domains that are on the list that I thought about picking up on the drop.

"hey lets just freeze everyones legally owned assets, even if they aren't involved, its ok, this is America"

Whats more strange is there is NO mention of the issue at hand.

•••
That's my initial concern also, what is the claim?

I have two names on the list, by chance or synchronicity I was about to propose a deal on one earlier today but didn't. It's a hell of a list to look through in PDF on an iPhone. I'm very eager to learn more about the dispute and how I may be affected.

•••
Wveryone's lookin'

...no one's snitchin'

But something's cookin'

...in the kitchen.

Now it all make sense.

•••
I'm not sure people (plaintiffs & Courts alike) in Tennesee realize how passionate domainers are, they opened pandoras box with this one...

Can you imagine how much time replying and sending out email/messages to every person affected will take... These are BILLABLE HOURS, the only people who will come away happy are the scumbag lawyers!

I think they will regret this day.

•••
Thanks for sharing! With only a cursory review I found one of mine on the list. There may be others.

•••
Wveryone's lookin'

...no one's snitchin'

But something's cookin'

...in the kitchen.

Now it all make sense.
Anyone else have that feeling? No, not at all.

On another note, so many familiar names in the list. Looking forward to seeing what the deal is.

I'm not sure people (plaintiffs & Courts alike) in Tennesee realize how passionate domainers are, they opened pandoras box with this one...
I'm sure that is the farthest from their minds and they could care less.

•••
The whole thing seems ridiculous, freezing unregistered names and names that belong to others ,messy

I'm sure that is the farthest from their minds and they could care less.

Couldn't care less

•••
Attorneys, domains frozen, cauldron of mystery and pandora's box...I think "could care less" is appropriate here.

You are right, wright, write or rite though : )

edit-->Probably should have used furthest as well. Where were you on that one!? : )

Last edited:
•••
There is one name of mine on the list. I contacted the lawyer of BRNDLAB, Jennifer A. Lawson of lawsonlawoffice.com and this is her reply:

“Jawed, thank you for your email. We have contacted dynadot.com regarding your domain name. Their office is not yet open but we will email and call them today asking them to remove the lock. The Temporary Restraining Order entered in the litigation restrained only the parties to the lawsuit, not third parties. We will make every attempt to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Jennifer”

•••
I wonder why Joel hasn't come out of "stealth mode" to let people know what's going on.

Btw, RealEstate.TV is also a BrandLab domain, and it's still up and running.

•••
There is one name of mine on the list. I contacted the lawyer of BRNDLAB, Jennifer A. Lawson of lawsonlawoffice.com and this is her reply:

“Jawed, thank you for your email. We have contacted dynadot.com regarding your domain name. Their office is not yet open but we will email and call them today asking them to remove the lock. The Temporary Restraining Order entered in the litigation restrained only the parties to the lawsuit, not third parties. We will make every attempt to resolve this matter as quickly as possible.

Jennifer”

The simple act of composing and sending that letter probably cost $150. Now multiply that times every domainer and person involved...That sound you hear my friends, is the laywer laughing all the way to the bank...

I'm happy you are getting your domain back!

•••
Now I’ve received this confirmation from Dynadot:

"Hello,

We received an updated TRO which clarified this issue. Your domains have been re-enabled. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Regards,
Dynadot"

Happy ending? I’m not happy at all. They gave me a headache for no fault on my part.

•••
Dynadot says my domains have been re-enabled but one still isn't resolving.

I'm glad it doesn't seem this will go any further but this is kinda like being stopped by a cop for no reason, held on the side of the road for a few hours until you're way late to work and then being told told "Sorry, wrong guy, have a nice day!".

It was an interesting list...

•••
Glad none of mine were on the list. Sloppy to say the least. No one's heard from Joel on this?

RL

•••
Have a couple on the list, then another one I sold awhile back. The ones I have still work, never got a message from GoDaddy or anything, nothing in the interface.

Ok, reading some of the comments on the blog, looks like it's already been handled.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back