Dynadot

$3000 A Day Domainer ~ OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for the $3000 a Day Domainer.

Questions, comments, and feedback on their methods and how they worked or didn't work for you are welcome here in this thread.

This is not for discussion of the NamePros skin. If you have feedback on the skin or ad campaign, please use this other thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cache said:
How can I watch the video without giving up my email?
Why can't you give one email address?
Just create one free email acct and give it to him.
Gmail, Hotmail, live.com...

•••
Seems a bit pie in the sky to me.

Ive been dealing in cctlds since 2006 and even finding names which make $10 a day are very hard to come by. Sometimes you do find them but it requires a lot of luck.

verification via sedo rep would make it more believable. notice how the screenshots are from September 08 ;) I severely doubt he's making that for March 09.

Prove me wrong!

•••
cache said:

mailinator.com

•••
I think they might have a long long list of ccTLDs within their portfolio so capturing your email is like having potential customers, they then wash your brain with ccTLD=$$$$$$$ After that they will apply Rick Latona marketing strategy: Send email everyday, some ccTLDs for sale like less than 10 domains to all subscribers with a price starting at $1000.00 . If at least 3 subscribers buy their domain name then it makes $3000 a day.

•••
Well, the classic marketing these days is to give away a bunch of good content, get people hooked. And then launch a product with the super good stuff. The email is almost certainly for their own use.

So, why not enjoy their free content? Check it out. If it's useful, great. If not, nothing lost. They use Aweber for their emails, which means that you can easily unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom.

Last edited:
•••
-rj- said:
The screenshots are pretty convincing though. Would they hold more weight if we had them verified by Sedo as legitimate?

No. I've seen way too many online companies over the past 10 years present false sales data with a client or affiliate to pump up interest in their company. This goes on *all the time* in fact.

Here is a fake Sedo screenshot I easily made multiplying their traffic & earnings x50 for one day (notice mine also has the CTR column as it appears on Sedo, theirs does not). Are you convinced that I make $170,000 a day? :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zz2tfa.jpg

I made it in a way that not one single pixel is out of place from the would-be genuine. When sized in proportion to the numbers on their screenshot and then blown up, theirs does not jive with the current Sedo design. One possible explanation is that it has changed since 9/08. I don't know.

I'm not trying slam anyone here. I'm just saying.... Take screenshots like a worthless grain of salt.

•••
You know I get the feeling that all of these threads created for the $3000 domainer is actually working for the owner. Free advertising and content created by these posts to be captured by Google and indexed.Giving more exposure to the topic :alien:

•••
I would be interested to know how they determine whether to hand-reg or not to hand-reg a cctld? Basing it on exact monthly searches using G adwords or wordtracker, trellian? if so what's the threshold, how many exact monthly searches would quality for a hand-reg?

•••
Expron said:
Is the sponsor a real person? After checking whois, Domains by Proxy, Inc. is a domain taster that I rival with on the GoDaddy drops. I'd figure the domain would be registered to a "real person".

Domains by proxy is whois privacy service, owned or incorporated with godaddy.

•••
cache said:

I don't know if the owner wants people to know, but if you know the URL you can visit the video directly without having to sign up.

I'm just curious in the days ahead, what they have in store to sell since so far it is just free info.

•••
the site doesn't even load for me.

•••
•••
.h2o. said:
I don't know if the owner wants people to know, but if you know the URL you can visit the video directly without having to sign up.

I'm just curious in the days ahead, what they have in store to sell since so far it is just free info.

I had to use IE to view the vids - copied url from FF.

Don't know why my flash plugin wasn't working for the vid...

-Zh

•••
IS the $3000 a day domainer a member here ?

Seems strange he sponsors, yet does not post :)

Or is it top secret, james bond , Spy Sh*t :)

•••
DubDubDubDot said:
No. I've seen way too many online companies over the past 10 years present false sales data with a client or affiliate to pump up interest in their company. This goes on *all the time* in fact.

Here is a fake Sedo screenshot I easily made multiplying their traffic & earnings x50 for one day (notice mine also has the CTR column as it appears on Sedo, theirs does not). Are you convinced that I make $170,000 a day? :D

http://i40.tinypic.com/1zz2tfa.jpg

I made it in a way that not one single pixel is out of place from the would-be genuine. When sized in proportion to the numbers on their screenshot and then blown up, theirs does not jive with the current Sedo design. One possible explanation is that it has changed since 9/08. I don't know.

I'm not trying slam anyone here. I'm just saying.... Take screenshots like a worthless grain of salt.

Thanks for the informative post. :gl:

•••
DotUSDomains said:
IS the $3000 a day domainer a member here ?

Seems strange he sponsors, yet does not post :)

Or is it top secret, james bond , Spy Sh*t :)

I was wondering the same thing. It also seemed strange to me that when I inquired about how to unsubscribe from the list that there was a response with no persons name in the email. So far I have not received any other emails from them. If its all not supposed to be fishy, it sure comes off the wrong way.

•••
The only thing that keeps me holding onto the idea that they have a thread of credibility is that they don't appear to be selling anything yet. I'm intrigued by that, considering that they're putting out a lot of cash to advertise this stuff.

ripley.

•••
ripley said:
The only thing that keeps me holding onto the idea that they have a thread of credibility is that they don't appear to be selling anything yet. I'm intrigued by that, considering that they're putting out a lot of cash to advertise this stuff.

ripley.

I really don't think they'd pat ever so much money just to advertise something free.. "We make $3k a day!" I'm sure they're liars on that. The HOPE to make $3,000 a day with our email addresses. We're the cattle. And I don't wanna be stalked by email harvesters who'll try to turn me into their customer.

I haven't seen the vid and never will. These ppl are far too shady. Or even worse, they'll too obvious in intent.

•••
Archangel said:
These ppl are far too shady. Or even worse, they'll too obvious in intent.

I dunno. There's nothing wrong per se with trying to make a buck; that's why we're all here right? But I just can't figure out their game, and that is bugging the heck out of me. :laugh: Gotta be something more than just looking to capture email addresses, with the amount of money they're spending on marketing.

ripley.

•••
ripley said:
I dunno. There's nothing wrong per se with trying to make a buck; that's why we're all here right? But I just can't figure out their game, and that is bugging the heck out of me. :laugh: Gotta be something more than just looking to capture email addresses, with the amount of money they're spending on marketing.

ripley.

Email lists are some of the most valuable things on the internet. Look at Rick Latona's list.....

Now imagine a specialized ccTLD domain newsletter. On top of that imagine the waves they are making in the domaining community showing what they can earn and how its done. Its a great formula that suckers people in and makes their assets more valuable. Like i said earlier in this thread it inflates the bottom line, that is the goal here IMO.

I would not be surprised to see Ricks ccTLD section in his newsletter raise in prices, which they have steadily done...

•••
Ross said:
Email lists are some of the most valuable things on the internet. Look at Rick Latona's list.....

Now imagine a specialized ccTLD domain newsletter. On top of that imagine the waves they are making in the domaining community showing what they can earn and how its done. Its a great formula that suckers people in and makes their assets more valuable. Like i said earlier in this thread it inflates the bottom line, that is the goal here IMO.

I would not be surprised to see Ricks ccTLD section in his newsletter raise in prices, which they have steadily done...

Some of the value of his email list is also inherent in Rick Latona himself. His email list in my hands would be quite a bit less valuable. There are two parts, right? Sure, you need addresses to send to, but you also need people to read your email. The reason why people read his emails is because they know, or at least assume, that what he's offering will be valuable. There's no such guarantee if it's a list coming from someone else, and may just get deleted without being opened as a result.

But I take your point!

ripley.

•••
ripley said:
Some of the value of his email list is also inherent in Rick Latona himself. His email list in my hands would be quite a bit less valuable. There are two parts, right? Sure, you need addresses to send to, but you also need people to read your email. The reason why people read his emails is because they know, or at least assume, that what he's offering will be valuable. There's no such guarantee if it's a list coming from someone else, and may just get deleted without being opened as a result.

But I take your point!

ripley.

Yes but if you send out an email for a product to 100,000 someone is bound to try the product or get suckered in.

On the other hand, part of the reason for the buzz is to be part of something that is "just beginning". Regardless of who the person is with these videos and the viral esk of this campaign will get people in to whatever they are selling.

•••
many successful online marketer say average
value of each email address is about $1/month.

Advertiser can use these collected email addresses to...
sell his ebooks.
Sell other domain related ebooks for affiliate commissions.
Sell domain related services for affiliate commissions.
Sell domains.
Sell advertisements...

•••
ripley said:

ripley.

You are being seduced.

This concept is very popular among internet marketers right now. It goes like this:

1-The marketer offers something really valuable/useful for free- or, rather, for an active email address. After you sign up, you receive an automatic email asking for confirmation that you really did sign up. The reason for this is two-fold:

a) To make sure they don't get spam complaints from people who didn't actually sign up (as in someone else entering their email.)

b)To make sure that the email address is live. As said above, this is all about collected emails (but not for sale to a third party.)

2- The marketer send more information/useful stuff. You start to look forward to the emails. And while he's doing this he's subliminally creating
intrigue, envy desire and greed.

Oh, and since he's not yet selling anything, he's building trust.

3- Obviously the intrigue part is working. Since everybody here is talking about it. I sense a bit of envy, greed and desire bubbling up, as well.
So far, they've fallen short on trust - mostly because they are being a bit lazy. It's easy to load up a bunch of email messages to be delivered every 5 days in perpetuity while you're at the beach. It's harder to follow up and respond to forum postings.

4- If the marketers do this well, they will eventually overcome the trust issue by giving away good free info, maybe even a piece of software to help you mine names. They will post here and become your buddies who give you great stuff for free.

5-Once the above is accomplished, they start dropping hints about a brilliant, earth-shattering software/method that will make you a fabulously rich domainer. Of course, they have to limit the number of people who can be allowed to see this brilliant path to riches. Only the first lucky 100 will be allowed to see it.

6-The offer will be very time sensitive. There will be some compelling reason that you must act quickly and send your money now. This may be enforced by a timer clicking down on their website, showing you have only 24 hours to go. The timer may or may not be real. If not, then it just goes on forever. If it is real (which builds more credibility) the product will be SOLD OUT. Even if the price is $977.

7-If you see other people jumping on board, you might panic at the last minute and jump to buy. You will get a message that says:

"Sorry, we sold out in hours. You should have acted, rather than being timid....However, we can put your name on a list. We may open up ten extra spots in a week or two if people drop out or don't pay. Watch carefully for that email. We will only open the spots for 3 hours, so don't dilly-dally!"

8- Six months later you will see the same product, or a knock-off of it by the same people, on Ebay for $7.

It's all a system designed to get people excited and extract cash. I have no idea whether their final product will be any good or not. As said above, screenshots of earnings are meaningless because they are easily faked or manipulated. Likewise, testimonials (they will come later) are meaningless. They may be fake, or they may be from people who have something to gain by promoting the product.

My advice? Take all the free stuff and free info you can get. When the pitch comes, nobody's forcing you to buy.

•••
I use temporary email addies for these sites. I was a bit confused on why they were giving it for free and turns out they could not charge people for a screenshot. I wonder how much they paid namepros.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back