Domain Empire

$3000 A Day Domainer ~ OFFICIAL THREAD

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
This is the official discussion thread for the $3000 a Day Domainer.

Questions, comments, and feedback on their methods and how they worked or didn't work for you are welcome here in this thread.

This is not for discussion of the NamePros skin. If you have feedback on the skin or ad campaign, please use this other thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So let's cut to the chase.
What's up for sale ? :]

•••
To be honest skip the FRANCE market there are already people like Frank Schilling.... big big domain investors, again, just check sedo.fr or many other french website selling domain names, they have all generic in FR and sell it for $10 000 so it's too late to get into this ccTLD market now.

hyphen or not that is not the problem, these websites are big companies and maybe their SEO told them that hyphen will be great but that's not the problem. French end usersunlike american preffers long keyword domain names and won't spend a fortune on Generics. For example rather than buying ParisRestaurants.fr they will reg fee for LesRestaurantsDeParis.fr (available) and if you reg this and try selling it, then tehy will find another domain name similar because advertising in France is so powerful they don't care of generics, they are more focusing on brandability. If you watch TV commercial in France 9 out of 10 are long keywords .fr, short but abbreviated words and containing (a, les, Le, La... = in, the,...) or brandable names.

mtford said:
Through a personal contact, or some other way?
I've found some names with good Adwords search volume but obviously I don't know the traffic without regging them.

Another issue I thought of with .fr, which might apply to other domains too: I've noticed that a high proportion of major French websites have chosen to use hyphenated domains. For example the news network france-info.com, the national railway site voyages-sncf.com, and the job site france-emploi.org. Does this mean that hyphenated French domains will get a lot of typeins, perhaps more than their unhyphenated counterparts? If the traffic is split equally between the hyphenated and unhyphenated domains, this would mean we have to pay two reg fees to get all the revenue for a given expression.

Last edited:
•••
SDX said:
Bill, you're awesome! :)
That's exactly what this is! ..."ENTERTAINMENT" for NamePro'ers! :sold:

Mine too...are you ONLY using SEDOPro $3000 man?
Care to join Parked.com? :lol:
Maybe you can TRIPLE your $3000/day! ;)

Sedo Pro is not the only parking service we use even though they get 95% of our business. The other two providers we use are Skenzo and NameDrive. We have tried Parked.com in the past with limited success unfortunately. Pretty happy with SedoPro. Their API is a life saver.

dotnom said:

I don't see any questions in your posts or anything to really comment on. If there is something specific you would like me to comment on I would be more than happy to.

sdsinc said:
So let's cut to the chase.
What's up for sale ? :]

Check our previous post here where someone already found a hint of something :)

http://www.namepros.com/3339627-post97.html

•••
3000aday said:
I don't see any questions in your posts or anything to really comment on. If there is something specific you would like me to comment on I would be more than happy to.

"Also something that may worth considering regarding the goal of the creators of 3K a day domainer video.

At the end they said that they released this information to create attention and bring more domain investors to ccTLD market. This is fair and logical but they presented a model for PPC profit and not to the aftermarket value market of the ccTLD domains that will be created if more domain investors come to this game.

Usually if more people serve the ads then higher quality limits are introduced to deliver the ads and the profits.

So if the demand of all ccTLDs will be increased tomorrow by 100% they will increase the value of their portfolio but not the daily income that is the way they make money from domains"

I also want to say that there is no real big secret in any field.
The gurus usually squeeze the way they found to make profits and when they come to a point that they are OK with it for any reason, or bored to continue they release it to the public to make some additional money.

Nobody shares a "secret" or "hidden" techniques for a price of $XX bucks

I believe it would be better if you started with "I have a product for ccTLDs and i made $3K with this plan" rather than the "i want to increase awareness for ccTLDs" (these are 252 ccTLDs by the way)

Last edited:
•••
dotnom said:
"Also something that may worth considering regarding the goal of the creators of 3K a day domainer video.

At the end they said that they released this information to create attention and bring more domain investors to ccTLD market. This is fair and logical but they presented a model for PPC profit and not to the aftermarket value market of the ccTLD domains that will be created if more domain investors come to this game.

Usually if more people serve the ads then higher quality limits are introduced to deliver the ads and the profits.

So if the demand of all ccTLDs will be increased tomorrow by 100% they will increase the value of their portfolio but not the daily income that is the way they make money from domains"

I also want to say that there is no real big secret in any field.
The gurus usually squeeze the way they found to make profits and when they come to a point that they are OK with it for any reason, or bored to continue they release it to the public to make some additional money.

Nobody shares a "secret" or "hidden" techniques for a price of $XX bucks

I believe it would be better if you started with "I have a product for ccTLDs and i made $3K with this plan" rather than the "i want to increase awareness for ccTLDs" (these are 252 ccTLDs by the way)

Ok. I think I understand your comment. Yes, if more money comes into ccTLD inherently our portfolio SHOULD be worth more. And you are correct the daily revenue from parking we make will not be changed due to any information we share.

In regards to your comment:

"I believe it would be better if you started with "I have a product for ccTLDs and i made $3K with this plan" rather than the "i want to increase awareness for ccTLDs" (these are 252 ccTLDs by the way)"

This is called marketing. There is a hundred different ways we could have approached the release of any products but we felt the best method was to give out a ton of free info and go for the soft sell rather than the hard sell. Its all a matter of preference.

Yes, I am aware there is 252 ccTLD's and thus it is more of a reason to show that there is more opportunity, but no individual person could put full effort on even five of those extensions and master them to perfection though. Most people stick to one and try to dominate that market, which is a solid idea. It is better to be great at one thing than below average at ten IMO.

Last edited:
•••
Could you tell us how many domains CCTLDS that you have in your portfolio at the moment?

•••
tech4 said:
Could you tell us how many domains CCTLDS that you have in your portfolio at the moment?

We never like giving exact numbers for privacy purposes, but we own XX,XXX ccTLD domains.

•••
3000aday said:
We never like giving exact numbers for privacy purposes, but we own XX,XXX ccTLD domains.

Thanks for answering most questions now, but do you understand why a lot of people are intrigued by your anonymity?

•••
I know what is called marketing and i agree that there are indeed many ways to approach it.

However see how this appeared to me :

1. There is a way to make $3K a day and here's the way i. I only want to increase the awareness for other ccTLD investors.
-1st bell ring : something is not right with this goal, the ccTLDs are so many and your portfolio is spitted to many of these ccTLDs as it appeared to your video. You just can't bring awareness with a video and it's too humble way to produce a good video like the one you had for this reason.

-2nd bell : If many people will follow the method of parked domains to produce money from PPC your share will decrease because as i said before the quality standards will be increased and the PPC overall for each ccTLD will be divided to more domain owners. As we all know web ad budget is not something that we expect to increase anytime soon. So the division is not working for you either.

-3rd bell : Rick reassure us that from what he understands "He just wants to increase the value of his own portfolio of ccTLDs" which is your only solid credential because all the other are either hidden or just not so visible.

2. There was a silence for few days and we see at this forum that there is a product to be released soon regarding ccTLDs so the goal to just "increase the awareness for other investors for ccTLD" is not valid anymore. With this at least to me you failed your 1st goal.

3. We see that if someone wants to reach your level and be a $3k a day domainer must invest at least $100,000 a year (taken from your own words that you admitted you have XX,XXX domains and with the lowest number at this range 10,000 x $10 which is extremely cheap for ccTLDs we bring this total). You extract newbies from the equation even before you release your product. This is a very specific and not large target group for this

4. Your suggested way to make money has much higher failure levels than other common ways (say Rick Jerk) to make money. The user that will try it has limited time to achieve at least the 101% of his investment in 360 days, then the renewal fees will come and will either demolish him or not.

5. Last but not least, there is the question why you release this information if you can use them to multiply your daily income. Your course/videos or whatever you release will not be able to give you much more from the ones you already make and will hurt eventually your current economic structure.

Your marketing is common but i don't see your approach better than Rich Jerk's (for example).
- Set a high goal
- Present some proof
- Became an authority to your field
- Seek testimonials

You know what they say in web marketing?
The best method to make money is to "Pretend you found the best method and sell it to the public"

I close this post by saying that i don't dislike ccTLDs and i don't suggest NOT to register any of them, OR i'm saying that you don't or can't produce for others what you said you already do, i just express my opinions based on your posts and your video. I'm sure even you're anonymous for now being a friend of Rick that makes you a respectable domainer. I wish for you the best i just advice you to refocus or upgrade the whole thing to something more solid for the hard targeted community of domainers.

•••
Why are we analyzing his marketing approach? Who cares! This isn't a marketing class. What does it matter if his portfolio increases in value, or whether he is selling a $XX product or service today or tomorrow?

This is a poor man's game, worrying about someone else making a little bit of money instead of whether it has value to you.

What about ME? What do I get out of it? That's what matters!

@3000aday, here's what I want:

I want information that I didn't have before. I want to know about the different ccTLDs, prices, rules, where to register, what worked and didn't work. I want steps to follow to make the process easier for me. Is there more I should know, that I'm missing and haven't thought about yet? Anything that will save me time. Anything that will help me avoid mistakes, because you've already been through it. I realize that results may vary.

•••
3000, you owe brujah money. He just wrote your copy for you! :D

•••
Domainace said:
3000, you owe brujah money. He just wrote your copy for you! :D

Thank you. Please everyone, click the link in MY sig and sign up today! :hehe:

•••
I haven't read through his site and since I'm deaf, I never bothered to watch the vid. But from everything I've heard from this thread, it sounds like his "secret" was made public in the January issue of Modern Domainer magazine. I have it here, right beside me. Rick Latona gave an interview discussing the potential of ccTLDs and that is followed by many pages of a "ccTLD Atlas" that explains every TLD, where they're from, restrictions, registry etc. Precisely, what differentiates his site from my magazine (cover story: "The ccTLD Issue")?

•••
Brujah said:
Why are we analyzing his marketing approach? Who cares! This isn't a marketing class. What does it matter if his portfolio increases in value, or whether he is selling a $XX product or service today or tomorrow?

This is a poor man's game, worrying about someone else making a little bit of money instead of whether it has value to you.

What about ME? What do I get out of it? That's what matters!

This is not a marketing class but we're not warrior forum either.

I see you're thirsty for information and i'm sure that you will find them but are you sure you mean all these you said before.

You don't care about the scope of the program, the reliability and the results this may bring to others, you don't care to make a note ?

I thought the purpose of the community is to discuss general matters of domaining and offer our sincere comments on this and not start the gimme..gimme...gimme approach

Anyway, i respect your desire for information and i assume 3000aday will satisfy your info need as you requested.

•••
Sorry if this was already covered somewhere...

If you are making $3000 per day (just over a million bucks per year gross), how much is it costing you to do so?

If you're paying a staff, paying taxes, paying renewals, paying for marketing, paying for registrations, paying normal overhead, etc., how much money are you actually making?

Or is the $3000 per day net?

•••
dotnom said:
You don't care about the scope of the program, the reliability and the results this may bring to others, you don't care to make a note ?

Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say any of that. Don't make assumptions about me. I'm perfectly capable of speaking my mind, and I think I made perfect sense. I'm less interested in grading him on his marketing efforts, and more interested in whether or not the information is valuable.

verbster said:

If you are making $3000 per day (just over a million bucks per year gross), how much is it costing you to do so?

If you're paying a staff, paying taxes, paying renewals, paying for marketing, paying for registrations, paying normal overhead, etc., how much money are you actually making?

I'd like to know this too, a general ballpark even or a rough percentage. If you don't mind sharing even, do you remember how many months before you were seeing a positive ROI? Was it immediate?

•••
Brujah said:
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say any of that. Don't make assumptions about me. I'm perfectly capable of speaking my mind, and I think I made perfect sense. I'm less interested in grading him on his marketing efforts, and more interested in whether or not the information is valuable

If you're interested for the quality of information then we're on the same boat, if you read my post from start to end you would understand this.
I also care for anyone that tries to promote anything about domains and giving my opinion writing so long replies is a sample of interest for his effort and not for me alone.

There is no need to put words to your mouth, we both want to put food to our mouths and if ccTLDs can do that then we're OK

However working with few ccTLDs that already mentioned in the video list for over 12 years i know various insights and i can say for sure that they can't produce these results and i underline the fact that i'm not speaking for all the ccTLDs (for example my favorite ccTLD is .de)

•••
verbster said:

Exactly what i was thinking was going to post. If you are making 3k a day that's fine but the overhead costs prolly make that look minimal. You can easily rack up over $3k in a day of reg fees especially in ccTLDs.

•••
Ross said:
Exactly what i was thinking was going to post. If you are making 3k a day that's fine but the overhead costs prolly make that look minimal. You can easily rack up over $3k in a day of reg fees especially in ccTLDs.

I may be close to that myself! :lol:

•••
verbster said:

I asked something similar few days ago
here.

•••
ok, that's something cool. :)

and yea, pretty good video

•••
Folks, please be careful and do your research!

Parking revenue is down since the screenshots were made

Today, you would have to reg TONS of TM domains to make a decent profit (and I bet he owns a lot of them himself)

But legal pressure is increasing

Violating trademarks is actually a CRIME in some European countries like France or Germany (German Trademark Act § 143). And yes, this has been applied to registering TM/typo domains in the past!

Last edited:
•••
Telster said:

Today, you would have to reg TONS of TM domains to make a decent profit (and I bet he owns a lot of them himself)

Violating trademarks is actually a CRIME in some European countries like France or Germany (German Trademark Act § 143). And yes, this has been applied to registering TM/typo domains in the past!

Regging a TM'ed domain here in America is a crime, too. Look at thesimpsonsmovie.com for proof.

•••
Archangel said:
Regging a TM'ed domain here in America is a crime, too. Look at thesimpsonsmovie.com for proof.
So is Belgium =X. Check out their updated TOS. BE SMART!

•••
Telster said:

Yes, we are very aware of all foreign laws. In three years we have ZERO udrp, wipo cases. We even went to court in Spain and won a reverse hijacking case.

Ross said:

In regards to our margins, they are VERY high. After the 1st year and cleaning (not renewing) almost all domains that don't cover reg fee (we do keep 2 and 3 letter domains that we feel have long term potential that don't cover reg fee), the portfolio becomes much smaller and consists of almost all revenue earners. Even the first year profits are solid but nothing like the following years.

In regards to overhead, etc... Our few domain sales a month more than cover all of our overhead.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back