IT.COM

development 5 Keys to Running a Successful Blog

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
There are many people who would like to turn a blog into a business, and I thought I would share 5 things that I think helped this blog become successful. Of course, you are welcome to share your thoughts about this, as well as more general thoughts about what makes a blog successful.
When you’re finished reading this you should check out Heidi Cohen’s blog for some great advice on publishing a blog. Heidi was a professor of mine at NYU, and I think you will benefit from reading her blog. There are quite a few articles about blogging with some valuable tips.
5 key factors that I believe have made this blog successful:
Niche topic - Investing in domain names is a small sector, and anyone can participate. There are quite a few excellent blogs and websites covering the business of domain names, but that number is quite small when compared to other businesses such as graphic design or web development.
Full Article: http://www.domaininvesting.com/5-keys-running-successful-blog/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
5 key factors that I believe have made this blog successful:
Niche topic
Field expertise
Frequency of articles
Engaged audience
Supportive advertisers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back