NameSilo

75 newly funded startups and their domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Funding activity in startup land is off to a great start this year with a whopping $417,198,010 raised among 75 companies during the 2nd week of the year.
Walking around the main exhibition hall at NamesCon it was impossible not to see the promotion for the new gTLD’s but the domain extension of choice among the 75 startup companies below remains to be .Com with 75% followed by the ccTLDs with 13%.

While maximum startups are using .COM, there are several cctlds as well like .in, .de, .jp and .co.in.

I could see a startup with .tech getting funded.

Check out the list of startups and the funding that they received here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As we can see the 'holy" end users choose some more than average names but still manage to raise a lot of money. I am sorry to say that domain name market is a commodity market not a end user driven market.

•••
As we can see the 'holy" end users choose some more than average names but still manage to raise a lot of money. I am sorry to say that domain name market is a commodity market not a end user driven market.

It is a mixed bag.

CreditAccess, FreshMenu, TerrestrialEnergy, Scalr, StartEngine, Petrolessons, FantasyLabs are great names, but most are simply trashy.

Just shows that the founder teams and startup management rarely includes a professional marketing person.

OneMedicalPassportCompany.com - Really?!

iLoveGreenGorilla.com for Green Gorilla. The guys are just presenting there traffic and goodwill to GreenGorilla.com, whoever owns that...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back