Status
Not open for further replies.

Nahdism

Established Member
Impact
An acquaintance wants to sell me two domains:

88.LL
8888.LL

LL is some not so famous country code domain. I know our Chinese friends love 88 and 8888 domains a lot.
I want your views on the price offer I should offer this person and also wants to know is there anyone at namepros who needs this domain and what price should I sell it to them so that I can flip it quickly :)

Great Day,
Nahdism

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've always read and heard triple 8's are the holy grail.

•••
•••
My advice to domainers would be to find your own comfort zone, stick to niches you are familiar with, and avoid 'trends' you don't understand because you are even more likely to make bad purchases.
Personally I don't know about Chinese numerology, so I don't buy that sort of names, especially in oddball ccTLDs.
Besides, there are about 250 ccTLDs. You are basically asking how long is a piece of string. Short names in strong TLDs like .de or .co.uk would be valuable even without Chinese buyers. In other extensions it depends. In unpopular extensions the value would be about $0.

To conclude:
"When in doubt, get out, and don't get in when in doubt." (William Delbert Gann)

•••
Well, it depends on the cctld. If you are targeting Chinese market, do a small research and look for the cctlds that sell in that specific target.
If it was that easy to flip domains, the curent owner already had the possibility to do so but is failing. Are you able to flip these domains?
An other factor is the price range.
If you must buy, I'd go for the shorter one.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back