Dynadot

advice A fundamental mistake in domain name investing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
This is a fundamental mistake in domain name investing and even experienced domainers do this mistake even without realizing it.
Owning domain names is the easiest thing in the world. If you have $10,000 then you can register 1,100 .com domains today. (or thousands of nearly free New gTLDs!) How many sales do you think you will get in the next year? Will you make a profit that is worth your time? If you are very good at it and you have the skills and the experience, then you might as well get lucky and make profit. (I am talking about hand registrations here.)
For example let’s say you own 50 domains and you have a domain name that you have received many offers in the 3k to 5k range and makes $50 per month in parking. That is an above average domain in the scope of this portfolio. Of course it is probably just an average or good domain and not a premium compared to other domains. But that is a domain name that you don’t want and should not sell cheap...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am new have made a few mistakes and I am sure I will make more, one of my biggest mistakes was not putting myself in the shoes of the buyer. Let me explain I got a domain Signsofdyselxia,com but thinking about this these are just terms people are searching for to find free information, so how would a potential customer monetize this domain. I always now look for a service or product that relates to the Domain name, check searched, social media interest in the subject and always think "why would they want to buy this domain and how can it be moneytised.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back