A goodbye post.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Over the past almost 10 years of my namepros and dp life Id say maybe 5% of the people Ive gotten to know were both honest and genuinely friendly as Shane has been torwards me without ever expecting anything in return.

If they are so few, why not name and honor them? Surely others could benefit from this.

•••
The longest goodbye in domain history :) this thread should be closed already . Goodbye best wishes. i will pop back everyday to say good bye

•••
If they are so few, why not name and honor them? Surely others could benefit from this.
I would like to know why this footer was placed on my statement above?

The opinions expressed here by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Who decides what is offensive? Not a very nice way to welcome a newcomer.

•••
I would like to know why this footer was placed on my statement above?

The opinions expressed here by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Who decides what is offensive? Not a very nice way to welcome a newcomer.

johname said this as far as that:

"That footer is on all first posts of a page, see above."

•••
Interestingly, Shane has not responded to this thread for over a week. If I was him I would be sitting back with the pop corn watching the cat play with the pigeons here.

As the great Taylor Swift once said: "The haters are gonna hate, hate, hate. The players are gonna play, play, play" I'm sure he'll shake it off, just shake it off!

•••
Buddy,

You have brains and right attitude. I believe whatever you will do, you will prosper.

Best wishes for your future endeavors. :)

Why are you pretending to be James Delingpole?

•••
Hi Shane,
What are some things you would tell a newbie?

•••
This is the first time i read this thread.

Interesting to learn that Shane is jumping into the same fence where i am - "branding" business.

I've never been a domainer myself, eventhough i own a boatload of domains.

It gives me a better feeling, that humans will pay you for what you create, rather than what you resell.

•••
It's all good, brother. If you need me, just get in touch.
I am so glad to hear that. I'm your biggest fan and do appreciate your opinion, experience and voice.

•••
Hi Shane,

As a new domainer I know you're a big guy here. You've moved a big step forward in your life. Best wishes to you!

•••
After 3 years, I think it might finally be time to take a step back from the domain industry. I will be liquidating most of my portfolio in the coming weeks. I would be willing to make myself available for some individual consultations but I will largely be focusing on other projects.

There are 2 things that I think are worth emphasizing before I go:
  1. This industry needs to change. There are too many leaches. Everyone is trying to sell something that you don't need. Realize that free isn't free and most paid products are not needed. Some tools are worth the subscription fee but most domainer to domainer services and products are crap.
  2. There are too many domain "gods." Sure, they have made some money but look deep enough and you'll quickly learn that most know only a little more than you. They are just good at gift wrapping crap. Stop following and start leading.

So if you want a free piece of advice or would like to know about my hopes, dreams, and aspirations... post below. I'm an open book.

Otherwise, it's been fun.
All the best!

•••
Way to go :) Believe me when you get to 60 or so and you look back. I guess you won't want your 10 years spent debating with leeches on a forum.

I am not saying forums are bad. Keep visiting back from time to time. But I guess life is a one time thingy. [Ask dead people, if they could answer they would surely explain how precious each and every moment is]

Just consider this as a fling :) If it pays off (Which it would) then it is great. Otherwise who cares.

Thanks.

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back