Dynadot

A problem, asking for some help.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jusomgui

Established Member
Impact
This is my predicament and I might embarrass myself by showing my ignorance, but what the hay.

I bought a domain in Flippa.

According to the information under the domain name (between domain age and expiration) the registrar is "ENOM".

Under seller's Notes, the seller stated the registrar was Namecheap and the domain was parked under sedo.

After I purchased the domain, he pushed it into my recently made Namecheap account, However I have no access to the domain in Sedo or Enom. The domain was pushed from another namecheap account according to the sellers words.

When i checked the domain in whois.com, whois.net and whois.icann.org, the registrar is Enom, Namecheap was beside "reseller" and my contact info was not present.

In sedo, the domain is registered to someone in the sellers country. (probably the seller himself)

I do have the domain in my namecheap account and when I typed the domain in my url bar, a web page appeared stating the domain is registered in Namecheap.

I'm tried to find out whats going on in looking at some articles online and still couldn't find an answer, so I'm here.

I'm considering the fallowing actions:
-ask the seller to transfer the Domain from sedo and Enom, into my sedo and Enom account.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I should do, or I'm just ignorant and nothing is wrong so I can start selling this domain without future complications.

I also have a few questions:
-Can a domain be registered in two or more registrars?
-if so, does the seller need to transfer the domain from all registrars or am I able to acquire the domain from all the registrars it was registered in after the domain has been transferred in one registrar.
-how quickly is the data in whois updated?

Thanks in advance for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Previous owner might have forgot his name listed at Sedo. Ask the seller to remove the listing from his Sedo account if you are bothered with it...

Namecheap is both an Enom reseller and an ICANN accredited registrar if I remember well, no worries it takes a while until the whois updates.

•••
You re just fine, perhaps you need to update the domain owner details through Namecheap control panel

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back