NameSilo

tips A tip to convince buyer for your domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Abdul Basit shares this tip that might actually help you close a sale at your desired price!

Let’s suppose after going back and forth during the negotiation process, buyer’s final offer is 15K and you are stuck at 20K. What I did was telling the buyer that“you wouldn’t be responsible for any additional fees either as I will cover the commission, Escrow.com fee, and all other associated fees.”

Now let’s pay attention what I wrote above… I will cover the Escrow.com fee and all other associated fees which both actually means the same in our business. But the buyers are not aware what all kind of other associated fees will be attached while I will be buying the domain.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't stop there; tell them you will also cover Shipping & Handling fees and customs entry fees :)

•••
and add some years to the registration.

and offer to transfer it to the registrar they prefer.

:)

•••

Now that is a nice deal and can be very convincing

•••
Just be honest and clear like other respectful businesses \ markets.

•••
Don't stop there; tell them you will also cover Shipping & Handling fees and customs entry fees :)
The gift wrap too :)

•••
Steak dinner to close the deal...

•••
Build enough value so there is no need to sweeten the deal. :D

•••

Ha great ideas these are some great close out tactics =-D Will be implementing them for sure. Abdul is awesome. Normally I do 50/50 escrow but of course would take care of it all to make sure the deal is done.

- Will

•••
Just my humble opinion, but if you have to convince them, you are playing underhand.

It is okay to pitch the obvious, but afterwards I just let them take their time with decision.

I agree with someone who said being honest and clear, it always works.

•••
It is okay to pitch the obvious, but afterwards I just let them take their time with decision.
I agree with someone who said being honest and clear, it always works.

I think it was Zig Ziglar :)

There is a 48hr window in which one should try to close.

•••
Seller will take care of all costs associated with unlocking the domain and getting auth code )

•••
In the past I have offered them the "Charlie Sheen Experience" if they buy at my price, now... that doesn't seem to work so well.

•••
Just be honest and clear like other respectful businesses \ markets.
^^^ This ^^^
There are enough cons going on in this industry.
No need to perpetuate the image.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
•••
There are ways to show genuine flexibility.
For example, I agreed with client to take small non-refundable prepayment of around $300 for a domain with opportunity to close the sale within 1-2 months with the payment of the remainder of the price and that turned out to be the ice-breaker.

•••
There are ways to show genuine flexibility.
For example, I agreed with client to take small non-refundable prepayment of around $300 for a domain with opportunity to close the sale within 1-2 months with the payment of the remainder of the price and that turned out to be the ice-breaker.

Makes a lot of sense. So in the end you are saying that you were able to sell the domain name with this approach, correct?

-Omar

•••
That is exactly what I do....has a great "perceived value", but in reality has very little cost to me.

•••
Makes a lot of sense. So in the end you are saying that you were able to sell the domain name with this approach, correct?

-Omar

The buyer has until the end of January to pay the remaining balance. If she does, then she gets the name, if she does not, I get to keep the $300 (about 20% of the price).

•••
Yeah, being clear and honest is all time best dealing manner.

The most useful yet fair way of dealing to fix on a desirable cost is to allow buyer some more time for best possible mutual flexibility.

Thanks

•••
The buyer has until the end of January to pay the remaining balance. If she does, then she gets the name, if she does not, I get to keep the $300 (about 20% of the price).

Makes sense.

Either way, it's a Win/Win for you. Of course, it would be great if they paid the remaining price of the domain name.

I may start using this strategy for domain names that are higher priced.

Thank you.

-Omar

•••
You are welcome, Omar

Another thing I used to get the deal closed, I gave year end discount with the condition that prepayment is received before the year is over. This can be utilized at quarter ends as well, as deals without real deadlines often fall off, because most of buyers have doubts, other alternatives, other things going on, it helps keeping them focused.

•••
Does that include potential legal fees ? Bona fide legal contract/counsel fees? Insurance on the asset against third party claims?

Do you know the "associated" fees. Kind of a vague statement to offer really.

•••
Does that include potential legal fees ? Bona fide legal contract/counsel fees? Insurance on the asset against third party claims?

Do you know the "associated" fees. Kind of a vague statement to offer really.

You are absolutely right. I would never take responsibility for "any associated fees" for any business, as it can be very open ended. So, overall, it is not a good piece of advice.

•••
Or you can just leave a horse head in their Bed ,whit I note that says my ''family thanks you' we needed this sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back