NameSilo

Above.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Where was I? I had all my .com domains at Parked and everything else at Bodis. Back in February I was waxing lyrical about Parked being back on top of their game. I had 2 months where I received almost record payouts (of all time... maybe in 3-4 years of parking). Then everything fell off a cliff and I was getting approx 2/3rds less. On 7th July I received only about $6.50 in revenue, which was abysmal. The day before that I had decided to try Above.com.

What is Above.com? In short, it's a traffic forwarder to your Parking Accounts. It decides where to send the traffic for each domain based upon which parking service gives the best returns. This sounds great. No longer do you need to park a group of domains with company A for a couple of months, enter the results into a spreadsheet, then park them at company B for a couple of months, enter the results in a spreadsheet. And so on. Now all this is done in Real Time, by Above.com.

Who are Above.com? They are part of the Trellian network of companies, who I first came across using their KeywordDisovery.com tool. So, I had confidence in them from the getgo.

It was easy to setup an account. You then go to Manage Accounts and setup the Parking Companies you wish to use from the list of companies they support. I chose Bodis, Parked, TrafficZ, DomainSponsor. The latter two I probably haven't used in a couple of years. You need to provide your username and password for each account. Of course there is a slight risk in this, but given the size of Trellian, I didn't have a real problem with this.

You can then go to Manage Folders and setup Folders for groups of domains. I however, imported everything into the default folder. Subsequently, I created two other folders, 1) Revenue, and 2) No Revenue. I moved everything from the default folder to No Revenue, and then moved them to Revenue, once Above.com reported revenue. You do this by downloading the .CSV file for the Non-Revenue domains, sort the SpreadSheet by Revenue, and then copy/past these into the Add Domains to the Revenue Folder. There is no copy/move command in Above.com. You either Add or Remove Domains, and Above.com moves the domains to the new Folder.

You of course have to add all your domains to each Parking Service individually (even if this can be done in bulk).

What is Maximizer? This is Above.com's inhouse Parking Service. They say that by some complex algorythms they monetize visitors which are poorly monetized by regular parking companies. For example, Asian traffic. When I look at the stats compared to the other parking companies (which is easy to do by clicking on Statistics and choosing what you want), I see mostly very low rates per click, like $0.02, significantly less than the rates/click for the same domain from the other parking companies. Who is to say that Above.com got it right or not? Maximizer provided about 1/5th of my Total Revenue for August. I've turned it off for Sept to see how the portfolio perform without it.

The Statistics are very comprehensive. You can select one or more parking services and a whole slew of stats like clicks, revenue, EPC etc.

How is support? I think there is only 1 support personnel. I usually get answers to my questions in about 1-3 days. So not the speediest support in the world, but I can't think of any support question which requires an immediate reply. So i'm reasonably satisfied.

How did I do? Well Above.com say it takes about 2 months to get your portfolio optimized. It's now been just two months for me. So maybe my best month will be Sept. But anyhow, in August, my 2nd month, Above.com managed to give me returns just below my record earnings of February. So, about 80-100% better than my earnings in June. This is a significant jump in earnings. It was split (in approx terms) 20% each from Bodis, Maximizer, DomainSponsor, and most of the rest from Parked. Almost nothing from TrafficZ, barely making the minimum payment for both July and August.

The website is sometimes a bit flakey. Not really surprising considering the amount of data they must be churning out. But usually it works itself out within a short time, usually minutes. My biggest gripe is that the Statistics Reports only allow you report 100 domains per page (whereas the Reports allow 1000). Also that there is no portfolio total reported in the Stats. You have to add up each page total.

Am I going to continue with Above.com? You betcha! I've disable the Maximizer to see how my portfolio performs without it and I'll probably disable TrafficZ also. I'd recommend to anyone to try Above.com. It really take away the drudgery of manually testing domains at different parking services.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wondering

what is redirect ? a see a checkbox for this feature up near maximiser in the services listing.Not clear what this is or how we use it.thanks to stub

•••
Is this service still running?
I ve parked some of my domains for 3-4 days now but no stats yet to show on the above.com dashboard or report page.

•••
Is this service still running?
I ve parked some of my domains for 3-4 days now but no stats yet to show on the above.com dashboard or report page.

Have you also posted the domains with every parking company you are using? That's the most common reason for no stats. I'm receiving stats ok. Above.com is not a parking company. They redirect your traffic to the parking companies you specify.

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

what is redirect ? a see a checkbox for this feature up near maximiser in the services listing.Not clear what this is or how we use it.thanks to stub

Sorry. You need to be more specific. I don't see a "Services Listing". Have you tried looking in their online Manual?

•••
Thanks for the reply stub, that was my "problem". I didnt realize how Above.com worked but now its all fine :)

•••
That's great. They've been good for me. Saves a lot of fiddling about moving domains from one parking company to another to check who is best for each domain.

•••
•••
above.com is now number one if "lack of support"

some scammer constantly adds my domains to above.com and even so i provide screeprints to proof ownership above REFUSES to move these domains to my BACK account - I THINK THEY ARE INVOLVED IN THIS SCAM !!

WHY else would they REFUSE to move a domain back and NOT ANSWER EMAILS AFTER I PROVIDE PROOF OF OWNERSHIP ???

i guess business is just too good that it runs pretty much itself and you don't have to provide any support anymore...

•••
I haven't needed any support recently, so I can't really comment about that. But they should put them back in your account if you've provided proof of ownership. There was somebody from Above.com posting a couple of times in this thread. Maybe you can PM them to find out what's going on.

•••
i opened 4 days ago support tickets but no answer - i think they are out of business ...

•••
In my experience you can't expect an answer over the weekend, and remember they are in Australia.

•••
actually they just replied to the tickets and fixed it - so there is support after all .

•••
There you go. No support at weekends.

•••
why Payment upper limit: $100 ?
at this year February the limit is not more than $50.

•••
Where do you see the upper limit of payment is $100? I've received payments from Above, above and below $100. Remember this payment is only for their Maximizer. You get paid from the parking companies for everything else.

•••
In July12 my earnings reached 85% of my best ever month of Jan12. The split was Bodis-29% DomainSponsor-19% Maximizer-2% ParkingCrew-7% Voodoo-43%.

The 85% looks bad but it is quite normal for this time of year. I had similar drop last year. This is the first month I've added Parking Crew so 7% is pretty good. I'd expect that to go up for the next 2-3 months. Everything else pretty normal.

•••
I have Maximizer enabled. Does it work when earning less than 200 USD per day?:) And if it does and I dont have the API key, when and where I can see the statistics? It doesnt show up in the revenue share of the companies I am testing. Or it shows up after 1 month or so, when the report of worst performing domains is made? Thanks in advance.

•••
Sorry decades80 but I don't understand your question? Maximizer works whatever earnings level and doesn't need an API key? I see my Maximizer stats as and when they are earned. It won't show up in the revenue share of parking companies. It is like another parking company.

•••
Hello stub, thanks for your answer. I have maximizer enabled, BUT its not showing among parking folders nor in the report.. I made account at Above.com just few days ago,maybe this is the reason.

Last edited:
•••
It seems I was sending a lot of free traffic to voodoo lately :( I will try to insert now API key manually :)

I was just being impatient. They told me the Maximizer will appear later in my account. I believe they want to test firstly the parking companies I provided with them.

Thats awesome! I am using above.com for a week or so and here are the outstanding results: With their help my earnings almost doubled in the last week and the optimization just begun. Many domains need more time to be optimized. Looking forward for even better result :)

Last edited:
•••
Read lots of good things here so I also created my Above.com account today. Will set domains for test and hope things going well

Last edited:
•••
The system definitely works to improve your earnings. You'll see the best results after about 2 months.

•••
Hi Stub,
I have make my above's account running for 12 hours, thinks looks ok but they send 100% of my visitors to domainsponsor only... Is that normal or I missed anything?

My setting are ennabled Domainsponsor, bodis and voodoo accounts
I put all my domains under the folder Default and use "Auto Optimizer", I also Enabled Maximizer

Not sre why all traffic go to domainsponsor only?

•••
That was exactly my settings when I started. 12 hrs isn't much time. Maybe DS was the first one on the list to try. Wait another 48 hours.

•••
Thanks Stub,
Will keep eyes on what will happen in next few days

•••
looks great! CTR is improving. If it werent for the summer and my CPC wouldnt crashed down to 40% of May it would be even better. Parkingcrew told me, the things will get better in September.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back