NameSilo

Actor Ryan Dunn of ‘Jackass’ killed in car accident in Chester County

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess it's too late to put RYANDUNN.TV in the just spotted DOT TV thread...

•••
That is sad. No matter I have never seen the movie, the matter is the life ends when you are less cared.

•••
Heard this on the radio station here yesterday, witnesses say they saw him at the bar,
and what he drank in the time he was there.

Alcohol has a funny way of making things happen whether you
want it to or not!

People will never learn :( and it's legal to buy :lol: <--- sarcasm

•••
Sad news indeed. RIP Ryan.

•••
He Tweeted a pic earlier that night of he drinking. Drinking & driving is never a good idea. Ironic that he died like this since he's put his life on the line a billion times for TV/film.

Heard this on the radio station here yesterday, witnesses say they saw him at the bar,
and what he drank in the time he was there.

Alcohol has a funny way of making things happen whether you
want it to or not!

People will never learn :( and it's legal to buy :lol: <--- sarcasm

•••
With all due respects to his family .....

No pitty here .... the whole "jackass" team are bad
examples for their intended and targeted audience.

This idea of doing really ignorant things is ... well
ignorant. His lifestyle killed him. Twice the legal limit
and driving. The one good thing that comes from
this is he was the only one to die. No innocent kids
or others killed by another low life drunk driver.

I hate drunk drivers. Too many of my friends lost to
punks behind the wheel. I will agree that this is sad.

CALL AN "FN" CAB OR LIMO!! >:(

NN

•••
Jackasses let friends die drunk.

My in laws knew someone whose daughter hired a limo to prevent any accidental drink driving. It was sensible and grown up. Unfortunately, it didn't stop the other driver.

I wish people would stand up for what is right. Don't tolerate bullying, don't tolerate abuse, don't tolerate drink driving. It's a sad pathetic waste. Some cities have free-cab programs to prevent this kind of thing.

Real Life ain't like the movies.

•••
Don't feel sorry for the guy. Over twice the legal limit and driving 132-140 MPH. That's crazy. One less idiot on the road that could hurt somebody innocent.

•••
•••
Wow! You play with carma.It gets you in the end

•••
•••
I feel very bad for his Family. They dont deserve the pain this just brought on them.

Of course the guy was a real-life Jackass but I honestly believe this tragedy will be used immediately for our kids.

This knucklehead was looked up to by all of our kids, and because he was looked up to, maybe, just maybe some kids will see the light and remember this story one day when they might be close to driving drunk.

My daughter is taking a Drivers Ed course this Summer, getting ready to own her license this fall.
Scary, Very Scary. And thats sary to me even WITHOUT alcohol!

Stories like these are really NEVER in the News, so the coverage of this Jackass and his absolute ignorance of tweeting drunk pix just previous to driving is badly needed.

Well, maybe this is a great dose of reality many people needed to see. IMHO.

If I were a family member, I'd throw a very visual piece together together immediately, make it a National PSA and then add it to ALL High School Drivers Education Courses.

Last edited:
•••
You may or may not like the guy but do you not care that a human being died? It could have been avoided -- he shouldn't have been driving drunk -- but death, regardless, is death.

could care less.

•••
You may or may not like the guy but do you not care that a human being died?

Not really.
About 150,000 people die everyday.

If I cared about all of them I wouldn't have time to worry about whether my socks match my underwear.

•••
Are you aware of those 150,000? Nah. You only hear of the newsworthy ones (or friends/family/neighbors etc). No offense but your rationing is like saying you don't care about those who died during 9/11 or those who've died fighting in the Armed Forces because that'd just be a burden to you. I care about all deaths in some capacity. But I'm not judging you. Ya just didn't word that out right or something.

Not really.
About 150,000 people die everyday.

If I cared about all of them I wouldn't have time to worry about whether my socks match my underwear.

•••
Can anyone say candidate for the Darwin awards?

Just the cleansing of the genetic gene pool and natural selection at work. Just a shame he had to take others with him. Oh wait! They were stupid enough to get in the car with him.

With all the bank he made, one would think the smart thing to do was to catch a cab...not drive 110+ mph rotten drunk.

No sympathy. Good thing he didn't take out someone sober who didn't do anything wrong.

•••
I was in a car accident last year and my friend/the driver died upon impact. And it was done by a retarded 17 year old who could have avoided it altogether. So I see this incident with Dunn a bit differently than others. But what you say here is the only real silver-lining in this case.

Good thing he didn't take out someone sober who didn't do anything wrong.

•••
I don't care about this guy either. He's probably driven drunk many times before. Awhile back, I had a cousin die because of a drunk driver, her and 3 of her friends. They were young, all around 19. They were in a VW bug, some drunk guy, driving in the wrong direction, slammed into their car and it caught on fire. I'm sure if you don't know somebody personally who's died because of stuff like this, you know somebody that does. Again, I'd rather idiots take themselves out, then some innocent person. If this didn't happen, there would be that possibility.

•••
Are you aware of those 150,000? Nah. You only hear of the newsworthy ones (or friends/family/neighbors etc). No offense but your rationing is like saying you don't care about those who died during 9/11 or those who've died fighting in the Armed Forces because that'd just be a burden to you. I care about all deaths in some capacity. But I'm not judging you. Ya just didn't word that out right or something.

No. I worded it right.

I am afraid that I don't see one life as any more valuable than any other life. Of course, I sympathise for the survivors but if I don't know them how can I really care? Ryan Dunn is just one of those 150,000 - he's not any more special or less special than the other 149,999.

Some people care about US Soldiers dying in Iraq and don't care about Libyan civilians getting bombed in Libya. Why?

I'd rather be honest than a hypocrite.
Here's my though experiment:

If I asked a person to exchange a hand for the life of one random person somewhere in the world I believe 99/100 people would refuse.
If I asked a person to exchange a hand for the life of one random person that they considered a friend or family I believe 99/100 would accept.

Bottom line is that someone dying in 9-11 and leaving 3 children is no more tragic than someone getting hit by a car and leaving 3 children. It's a huge tragedy for the survivors - and if I knew or met them I'd of course be sympathetic and I would care - how could I not?

That's all.

People don't agree with me but there's nothing I can do about that. I am, apparently, a cold person. It's nothing to do with burden - I just don't feel much like wasting my time worrying over shit I can't do anything about.

Last edited:
•••
Nah...I get where you are coming from. Unless it touches you personally you have very little emotional attatchment to it. If we wept over every life lost every day, we would just simply weep all the time.

I'm like you in as far as that I don't think that because he is a celeb that this is any more sad than any other death avoidable or otherwise. I'm also not going to lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:
•••
Sad but that is what you get when you drive drunk...

•••
Sad but that is what you get when you drive drunk...

This isn't true. The problem is that it's only sometimes true.

Been in many conversations where people made light of the fact that they drove home drunk and made it fine.

If there was a 100% drunk to death ratio then maybe people would quit doing it.

I'm often a designated driver because I think that you should abstain from all drugs/alcohol when driving. Too many people "think" they're ok. I care enough about people to tell them that I would pick them up at 4 am on the other side of town if they were wasted. Just call. (I might pay for a cab).

This commercial sums it up really well.

http://youtu.be/TizrtoRZeZE

I agree with TDS _ this should be used as a lesson. I know it's hard for Bam Margera - but rather than fighting with Roger Ebert and saying he should be more considerate he'd do more good calling out his friend's stupidity.

Roger Ebert was insensitive for not sympathizing with Ryan's friends and family. That's true. But Ryan's actions were worse.

Last edited:
•••
You make good points. I suppose if you don't really care, sympathizing is sufficient. I tried to rep you but I'm "too fond" of ya :p

No. I worded it right.

I am afraid that I don't see one life as any more valuable than any other life. Of course, I sympathise for the survivors but if I don't know them how can I really care? Ryan Dunn is just one of those 150,000 - he's not any more special or less special than the other 149,999.

Some people care about US Soldiers dying in Iraq and don't care about Libyan civilians getting bombed in Libya. Why?

I'd rather be honest than a hypocrite.
Here's my though experiment:

If I asked a person to exchange a hand for the life of one random person somewhere in the world I believe 99/100 people would refuse.
If I asked a person to exchange a hand for the life of one random person that they considered a friend or family I believe 99/100 would accept.

Bottom line is that someone dying in 9-11 and leaving 3 children is no more tragic than someone getting hit by a car and leaving 3 children. It's a huge tragedy for the survivors - and if I knew or met them I'd of course be sympathetic and I would care - how could I not?

That's all.

People don't agree with me but there's nothing I can do about that. I am, apparently, a cold person. It's nothing to do with burden - I just don't feel much like wasting my time worrying over shit I can't do anything about.

•••
You make good points. I suppose if you don't really care, sympathizing is sufficient. I tried to rep you but I'm "too fond" of ya :p

You should leave the break rooms more and rep other people.. then ya can always come back! I can't rep you or Johname either :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back