NameSilo

advice Add value to your domain with these quick easy solutions.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So you've regged a domain. now what? dev? too expensive right? maybe......

but what about this?

reg a domain and quickly create a [email protected] then immediately use that gmail account to create twitter and instagram and facebook and accounts on tumblr,pinterest, but only if you can get EXACT match accounts for your domain. not ReggedDomain1 or whatever bs.

Quora and wordpress too accounts too. reddit too!

Don't like this idea? too time consuming?

Subcontract to India via Freelancer.com or fiverr.

you will need to give them access to the email address you created for your domain in gmail. They will do all that for whatever fee they bid for that job on Freelancer or fiverr.

once done. pay them. and then change password to the gmail account.

once done. sign up for IFTTT.com to create an RSS feed of all social media accounts you follow that are similar in topic to your domain. then copy paste to your social media accounts. now when the social media accounts you follow updates. your social media accounts update.

free content! auto generated! set it and forget it!

what do you think? Like? or no good? better than parking! which gets your domain deranked by google.

Edit: I'm no expert so do your own research! This was just one of my hair brain ideas! lol

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've tried something similar for a number of domains - see the dub.io conversation in Parking: https://www.namepros.com/threads/dub-io-a-new-tool-for-parking-your-domains.1021899/
You set up Twitter first - then get a gmail account then create a facebook page and content can post to each based on keywords.

The challenge is that once you register the name you can't tell whether the EXACT gmail or twitter or facebook page names are available. Anybody know of a quick way to search available names on these social media platforms? Bummer when you finally get into twitter to get your account name and its already taken! (Adding an 's' or a '1' at the end just isn't the same ....)

•••
I've tried something similar for a number of domains - see the dub.io conversation in Parking: https://www.namepros.com/threads/dub-io-a-new-tool-for-parking-your-domains.1021899/
You set up Twitter first - then get a gmail account then create a facebook page and content can post to each based on keywords.

The challenge is that once you register the name you can't tell whether the EXACT gmail or twitter or facebook page names are available. Anybody know of a quick way to search available names on these social media platforms? Bummer when you finally get into twitter to get your account name and its already taken! (Adding an 's' or a '1' at the end just isn't the same ....)

I had a tool to check platforms for name availability but I have to find it again.

•••
•••
•••
Lol, looking for it now but can't remember the name so might take a bit. Will def. post (y)

•••
•••
So you've regged a domain. now what? dev? too expensive right? maybe......

but what about this?

reg a domain and quickly create a [email protected] then immediately use that gmail account to create twitter and instagram and facebook and accounts on tumblr,pinterest, but only if you can get EXACT match accounts for your domain. not ReggedDomain1 or whatever bs.

Quora and wordpress too accounts too. reddit too!

Don't like this idea? too time consuming?

Subcontract to India via Freelancer.com or fiverr.

you will need to give them access to the email address you created for your domain in gmail. They will do all that for whatever fee they bid for that job on Freelancer or fiverr.

once done. pay them. and then change password to the gmail account.

once done. sign up for IFTTT.com to create an RSS feed of all social media accounts you follow that are similar in topic to your domain. then copy paste to your social media accounts. now when the social media accounts you follow updates. your social media accounts update.

free content! auto generated! set it and forget it!

what do you think? Like? or no good? better than parking! which gets your domain deranked by google.

Edit: I'm no expert so do your own research! This was just one of my hair brain ideas! lol
Nice idea

•••
I think it's time to start developing to have some kind of income and then sell websites .

Parking is just dead these days.

I wonder though if my idea of creating a mashup of rss feeds related to the topic of my domain and the creating a blog where all their updated content will end up auto updated on my blog?

Thing is if websites free have links to their daily update rss feeds is there going to be a risk of content stealing accusation?

Captain obvious would say "better ask permission first"

That would make things tedious.

Could they come after me if they find out what I did!

I mean if they give people the RSS feed to their content. Doesn't that make it open for public use however way we want to use it?

Thoughts ?

•••
This reminds me of one buyer who begged me for over a year for a facebook page associated with a domain. The domain was used previously and a facebook page was associated with it. I got it from GD auctions and created a blog (pagerank was hot selling that time and it was pr 7) and sold it in f....a. After one month buyer requested me for the facebook page, which I didn't even knew. I repeatedly tried to explain that I did not create it nor did I have access to it, but buyer kept on convincing me that since I don't need it anymore I should hand it over to him and he is ready to pay extra for that too. This went on for almost a year till he stopped with the last mail cursing me and reminding how mean I am :xf.smile:

•••
It's been done so many times with different variations of this method

Ive received spam emails from companies in China and India saying they can get all the social media accounts for my domain

Waste of time IMO

•••
or if handle is not available in any platform ,check who is owning that, if it has sufficient no. of followers it can be user end user for the domain,take a chance
Domaining is all about risk, :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back