IT.COM

Advice needed! Domain that just sold for low $xxx - Just received email offer for $5,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxwell

Top Member
Impact
I just recently sold a domain at GoDaddy auctions for low $xxx. It was accidentally listed with no reserve.

Then today I just received an offer from someone for $5,000. I did a reverse whois on the email and their portfolio is worth well over $200k. Many NNN.com's and NNNN.com's.

So of course I'm going to try to cancel this transaction at all cost, but how do I do this? GoDaddy is not just going to let me do it.

The transaction is not entirely completed yet, the domain has been removed from my account, but I have not received the funds yet.

Please give me your thoughts on how I should handle this situation...

UPDATE: Transaction is completed. The 5k offer is legitimate; but new owner isn't responding to emails. I'm moving on.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a good thing you decided to move on. All sort of things can happen in this industry. It's up to us to learn from it.

•••
I also think so that this is kind on trick..

•••
I also think so that this is kind on trick..

•••
If you have agreed on a price, follow through with it, its your reputation on the line, just asking this question is raising some eyebrows Im sure

•••
After TomCarl-
Nothing wrong with trying to broker the offer to the new buyer, and escrow would take the risk out of the deal. Brokers' fees can be part of an escrow. I would start with a 50-50 split of the profit, people usually feel that is fair.

Usually in situations like this there is a way to turn it into something positive with out being dishonest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back