NameSilo

Adwords on AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got a letter from Google today...

Thanks for using Adsense on your site. Here's $100 from Google to help promote it. Use the enclosed gift card to promote your site on Google Adwords, free of charge--

Did anybody else get a letter like this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
that is probably google adword voucher, i received 100 dollar credit from netfirms hosting also.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

that is probably google adword voucher, i received 100 dollar credit from netfirms hosting also.

•••
Yeah I got one about a month ago... No complaints ;)
It's for adwords, obviously. But after i got my second check is when I got it.

•••
Does anyone know if you can use more than one of these coupons? I acquired a couple, but they only said one per account?

•••
The vouchers are for new Adwords accounts only, and you can only have one account.

BTW, be very careful about sending Adwords traffic to sites/pages with Adsense. If your site has a lot of valuable content and incidentaly runs Adsense, you're probably OK, but arbitraging Adwords to an MFA minisite will get your account(s) terminated.

•••
Mfa

The vouchers are for new Adwords accounts only, and you can only have one account.

BTW, be very careful about sending Adwords traffic to sites/pages with Adsense. If your site has a lot of valuable content and incidentaly runs Adsense, you're probably OK, but arbitraging Adwords to an MFA minisite will get your account(s) terminated.

Thanks, this is what I thought, one per account, I was wondering if I could use another one after it ran out. I know they are doing this as a promotional tool so I had doubted it.

What in your opinion constitutes a MFA minisite, under 10 pages of content? no authority links out? big adsense bar in the top?

I'm experimenting with building larger MFA sites (that dont look like MFA sites). After the last "mayday" event. :P

•••
It's not about the # of pages on the site or the links out, it's more about intent and content quality.

Is the site for an actual business where you provide goods or services? (Example: A private fitness trainer might have a site for their business, but also have a few pages where they review fitness gear and monetize those pages with Adsense). Are you (or are you making a serious effort to be) an authority site in the niche? Or did you just toss up some content to make $$ off Adsense ;)?

If your answer is #3, don't drive traffic with Adwords :)!

Same for affiliate sites.

Arbitrage used to be a profitable game, then Google put the kibosh on it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back