information Changes coming to GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact

GoDaddy published a post about upcoming changes to GoDaddy auctions. As we look to the future of GoDaddy Auctions, we’re looking closely at how GoDaddy can best support domain name sellers. In order to better serve sellers, we’ll be focusing our resources on Afternic for selling domain names. Meanwhile, GoDaddy Auctions will focus its attention […]

GoDaddy auctions is for buying, Afternic for selling. No more 7 day public auctions

Continue Reading

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will I still be able to access the “Sold” page?

The “Sold” tab within the Seller portal will be available until May 13th, 2024

•••
Seems rather stupid to me. 7 day public auctions are a good way to sell domains fast or that people no longer want. Not to mention, how much GoDaddy must make from their own dropped / expired auctions.

•••
Seems rather stupid to me. 7 day public auctions are a good way to sell domains fast or that people no longer want. Not to mention, how much GoDaddy must make from their own dropped / expired auctions.
Expired auctions not going away. Just you cannot set up a public auction for 7 days. Which never do as well as expired auctions because so many domainer's don't want to put money in another domainer's pocket, they would rather give it to Daddy.

•••

nah nobody was really making money on those... and for few yrs now gd auctions has been down the drain for most compared to older days

•••
so what happens to say dan listings and their network distribution
... I assume it's not affected... but do they show on gd auctions ??? or just all the other partners?

•••
Just got the e-mail...

Starting April 29, 2024, GoDaddy Auctions will no longer accept new listings in three categories:
  • Offer/Counteroffer
  • Buy Now
  • 7-Day Member-to-Member Public Auction
To better serve you, we'll be focusing all our resources on creating a top-notch experience on Afternic for selling domains and GoDaddy for buying domains.

What this means for you:
  • Existing auctions and pending transactions won't be affected. They'll be allowed to close as usual
  • All Member-to-Member listings will be removed by May 13. You can manage and download your records from these listings through seller portal until then.
  • Afternic-listed domains will still be available on GoDaddy Auctions through syndication.
With these changes, we're excited to build an even stronger future for buying and selling domains across our platforms. Visit our blog post for a more detailed explanation or reach out to me with any questions.

•••
This is the worst decision Godadyd have made since changing their old theme.

Now no one can list the 7 days auction, which is the option that works for me the most, also, now they won't make money from sellers who want to sell their domains on Godaddy.

They're killing their business by outsourcing this to Afternic.

Instead, they should keep the 7 days auction at least, so they can make money from it as well, but no strategy from the company or a plan for helping sellers selling their domains.

Now, no one will be interested in selling there, at all.

first off, they change the theme, now , everything is gone.

That's sad, from a big company like Godaddy. very sad.

•••
Starting April 29, 2024, GoDaddy Auctions will no longer accept new listings in three categories:
  • Offer/Counteroffer
I actually get sales from this part. Part of my routine of listing domains is to put them for Offer/Counteroffer at GoDaddy.

It says:

"Member to Member Buy it Now and Offer/Counter Offer listings will remain live and available until May 13th, 2024. We recommend moving your domain listings to Afternic before then."

I guess that's not available now?

Only thing I'm using Afternic for right now are adding domains with Buy Now prices to get in the Fast Transfer network.

•••
I actually get sales from this part. Part of my routine of listing domains is to put them for Offer/Counteroffer at GoDaddy.

It says:

"Member to Member Buy it Now and Offer/Counter Offer listings will remain live and available until May 13th, 2024. We recommend moving your domain listings to Afternic before then."

Only thing I'm using Afternic for right now are adding domains with Buy Now prices to get in the Fast Transfer network.

yep looks like gd will still show names u list thru dan and afternic as long as they got bins.. so your favourite makeover may be saved. other than this u basically cant list or sell anything direct on gd. make offer on gd used to be my best sales up to few year back.. then weirdly it all kinda stopped.

•••
ipersonally hate afternic ..their ui etc... so I guess I'll just add bins on dan.

•••

It says:

7 days auction is what works for me. but sadly they will remove it for no reason.

even their new team isn't seems good at all, before we get views, and now nothing.

That's usually happen when a company makes a lot of money and they didn't care about small sellers at all, all they care about are themselves.

btw, on afternic, the number of offers shows off there as godaddy do?

•••
Afternic:

"This is where you can get your domain names promoted to the largest audience of qualified buyers."

Basically domainers.

The smart thing would be for them to simply start a thread and ask, what do you want to help sell more domains? What would you like to see? Getting free input. Then implement what you can/what most seem to favor. Not sure what goes on behind the scenes, is it like Bob over in the corner deciding this stuff, is it a group of respected employees in a meeting, a few favored domainers?

Last edited:
•••
Now no one can list the 7 days auction, which is the option that works for me the most, also, now they won't make money from sellers who want to sell their domains on Godaddy.
I think that's actually amazing. Are you paying $20 to get the auction featured? The last few auctions I have run have had 0 views. I do own some stinkers sure but I have some liquid domains that were priced wholesale and still didn't get attention.

•••
I think that's actually amazing. Are you paying $20 to get the auction featured? The last few auctions I have run have had 0 views. I do own some stinkers sure but I have some liquid domains that were priced wholesale and still didn't get attention.
it all depends on each one of us, depending on the strategy that works you the most, but for me 7 days auctions is what works for me, plus the 19.98$ boost to homepage, I wish they can even increase it to 50$ instead of removing it.

but that's part of the game.

•••
My domain flipping domain business is highly replied on the 7-day public auctions, now they removed it, and destory my business completely.

•••
My domain flipping domain business is highly replied on the 7-day public auctions, now they removed it, and destory my business completely.

Yes, and now add to that, auctions search is atrocious (being nice).

Masterclass in "rug pull then a slap in the face."

•••
yeah, for me 100% of my business is now destroyed because of that.

what's the loss they will get if they keep it? I can't understand this Godaddy thing

•••
it all depends on each one of us, depending on the strategy that works you the most, but for me 7 days auctions is what works for me, plus the 19.98$ boost to homepage, I wish they can even increase it to 50$ instead of removing it.

but that's part of the game.

your 1 in million if 7day works for u. but iwont ask u to tell us your last few 7day sales..names and prices

•••
The afternic marketplace is gone. Now GoDaddy is removing seller auctions. It definitely seems like there's room for a solid competitor to step up.

Hopefully Dynadot increases their PPC budget.

•••
The afternic marketplace is gone. Now GoDaddy is removing seller auctions. It definitely seems like there's room for a solid competitor to step up.

Hopefully Dynadot increases their PPC budget.

let's face it honestly how many sales u had on after market direct?

•••
This is the worst decision Godadyd have made since changing their old theme.

They're killing their business by outsourcing this to Afternic.

Instead, they should keep the 7 days auction at least, so they can make money from it as well, but no strategy from the company or a plan for helping sellers selling their domains.

Now, no one will be interested in selling there, at all.

first off, they change the theme, now , everything is gone.

That's sad, from a big company like Godaddy. very sad.
yes, I agree with you bro but now whats the best alternative to sell the domain in the auction?

•••
This about sums up the situation.

•••
•••
yes, I agree with you bro but now whats the best alternative to sell the domain in the auction?

Sedo is having a Great Domains auction. In any case, I will be revisiting Sedo as one possible option.

They certainly need to step up their game.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back