Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
If you’re selling Registry Premium domains on Afternic, these will now show up at GoDaddy Auctions and in GoDaddy search!

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to list registry premium domain names as a 7-day auction.

•••
Recently, some domain names have started to be deleted from my account for no reason. How can someone easily list the domain name I own in their Afternic account when I have to do TXT record verification for previously listed domains?

Even worse; I started getting fast-transfer approval requests for these domain names that have disappeared from my account.

If I don't pay attention and check, I will approve the request and someone will probably transfer this domain name $20, which I bought after spending $240 and with a market value of $$$$

This is a very serious and critical security weakness!

You should urgently develop a system called AFTERNIC-ID that can be defined to registrar companies and can be used for mutual inquiry and account verification.

•••
New issue with Afternic!

Domain names that are successfully listed on Afternic account are not visible on Afternic marketplace. Is there anyone facing this issue?
Hi @justsand,
We're sorry to hear that - could you tell us more via DM?

Hi @fardomai,
Afternic encountered a brief error yesterday, but it was resolved quickly. Thanks for your patience and for reporting your experience here!

Unfortunately, it is still not possible to list registry premium domain names as a 7-day auction.
Hi @kor,
The Registry Premium announcement referred to additional exposure for Registry Premium Afternic-listed domains through GoDaddy Auctions and GoDaddy Search. More features may come in the future for GoDaddy Auctions.

Recently, some domain names have started to be deleted from my account for no reason. How can someone easily list the domain name I own in their Afternic account when I have to do TXT record verification for previously listed domains?

Even worse; I started getting fast-transfer approval requests for these domain names that have disappeared from my account.

If I don't pay attention and check, I will approve the request and someone will probably transfer this domain name $20, which I bought after spending $240 and with a market value of $$$$

This is a very serious and critical security weakness!

You should urgently develop a system called AFTERNIC-ID that can be defined to registrar companies and can be used for mutual inquiry and account verification.
Hi @kor,
It would be highly unusual for domains to be deleted from an account, especially with no reasoning. Can you provide us with some examples via DM?

•••
It would be highly unusual for domains to be deleted from an account, especially with no reasoning.

So, basically you're accusing me of lying?!

The domain name I listed is deleted for no reason, then someone else was able to add the domain name I have without verification, and on top of that, I receive a fast transfer request for this domain name that is not listed in my own account.

I have screenshots, I have email records. But this situation is "highly unusual", eh? I'm not an AI and I do not generate fabricated content.

I strongly recommend that you consider my AFTERNIC-ID account verification suggestion.

•••
^That has happened to me on Dan (but of course without a fast transfer request to make me aware of what might be going on), so I don't see why it couldn't happen on Afternic too. Customer support is vulnerable to social engineering?

edit: and I am specifically talking about my already listed name being replaced by a bogus listing by a scammer (so not the typical front runner scenario where someone lists your non-listed name)

Last edited:
•••
Although it still appears as the payment method in the account settings, I have heard that you no longer make Afternic payments as "Good as Gold"

Is this true?

•••
Is anyone else "Lead Center" blank????

Logged in today and there's nothing!!!???

Under " ALL" old, past , present...

It say "No Data Found" [/USER] @GoDaddy

why is my lead history not showing?

Last edited:
•••
Is anyone else "Lead Center" blank????

Logged in today and there's nothing!!!???

Under " ALL" old, past , present...

It say "No Data Found"

why is my lead history not showing?
"No Data Found" is what is shown under the "Needs attention" tab.

When you click further to "More / All" you should see all leads.

•••

yes, that's why I wrote ...Under "all" it's showing nothing.

It's all blank

Last edited:
•••
•••

actually now that I checked again...When I click all ...it is resolving to the 1st needs attention page.. which is why I am gettinng this.

The MORE/ All Tab is not working

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Parking on afternic not work i checked 50 domains and all same redirect to sale page on all browsers (instead of ads feed)

•••
Yes, I can confirm this error has many users now if not all.

for cash parking domains there is an auto redirect on the sale page.

Attachments

• afternic-problem111.png
    afternic-problem111.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 29
•••
Parking on afternic not work i checked 50 domains and all same redirect to sale page on all browsers (instead of ads feed)
Hi @69armia69,
Thanks for reporting this. Afternic's engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it.

Update: This has been resolved.

Last edited:
•••
WTF is wrong with your bulk upload feature? @GoDaddy I've been trying for HOURS to update my prices using a .csv file and no changes are being applied, I then deleted all my domains because it's f*cking frustrating and now I can't add them back. (the exact f*cking thing happened 10 months ago)

FIX YOUR F*CKING PLATFORM AND MAKE A CLEAR AND SIMPLE CSV EXAMPLE!!!

3 days or so ago I've also contacted your support and today I finally got a reply telling me to add the txt or nameserver and way a few hours, although I sent them a screenshare CLEARLY showing your verification is broken: https://t.ly/6XW9E

Last edited:
•••
I just discovered a critical bug in the beta platform domain name addition section.

I was able to add my newly acquired domain name, which was already listed by someone else on Afternic, without doing TXT record verification!

I guess those dirty players are using the same vulnerability.

If you need a dedicated software developer or QA expert, give me a call.

Last edited:
•••
2-Step Verification (SMS) suddenly stopped working today, for reasons unknown.

1695140154699.png

•••
@GoDaddy - I uploaded a spreadsheet on Monday and the following happened:

Thousands of Fast Transfer active listings were immediately downgraded to "Pending Opt-in" or "TLD Ineligible."

NOTE: Before you say it, not a single change was made to the listings prior to or during the upload. (It was an exact match upload.)

Additional Note: This only affects Godaddy registered domains, which means it's not a user issue, but rather a Godaddy/Afternic issue.

It's pretty obvious there is a break in communications between the system and Godaddy.

Is anyone working on this?

The traditional workarounds either don't work or they only resolve a few at a time and I can think of at least a thousand things I'd rather be doing than fixing one-domain-at-a-time.

Please advise

Edit: I just realized that in my quest for privacy, I redacted the domain extensions. (These are all .coms)

tldineligible - Copy.PNG

tldineligible2 - Copy.PNG
tldineligible3 - Copy.PNG
tldineligible4 - Copy.PNG

Last edited:
•••
The "Verify Domains" function on Afternic doesn't seem to be working right now, as I get all the conflicts verified, then the screen flashes a valid "Submit" button, but then the button goes gray and the domains go red and will not allow me to edit or add them. I've done this several times before without issue, but today I'm in a loop.

I've done this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until I'm going crazy.

I freaking hate Afternic - nothing ever works properly on the beta, but the old system doesn't support Domain Verification.

Last edited:
•••
2-Step Verification (SMS) suddenly stopped working today, for reasons unknown.

Show attachment 246312
Hi @Future Sensors,
It looks like GoDaddy's SSO is causing the issue here. Could you contact Afternic support? That team will be able to guide you on this one.

@GoDaddy - I uploaded a spreadsheet on Monday and the following happened:

Thousands of Fast Transfer active listings were immediately downgraded to "Pending Opt-in" or "TLD Ineligible."

NOTE: Before you say it, not a single change was made to the listings prior to or during the upload. (It was an exact match upload.)

Additional Note: This only affects Godaddy registered domains, which means it's not a user issue, but rather a Godaddy/Afternic issue.

It's pretty obvious there is a break in communications between the system and Godaddy.

Is anyone working on this?

The traditional workarounds either don't work or they only resolve a few at a time and I can think of at least a thousand things I'd rather be doing than fixing one-domain-at-a-time.

Please advise

Edit: I just realized that in my quest for privacy, I redacted the domain extensions. (These are all .coms)

Show attachment 246375

Show attachment 246379Show attachment 246380Show attachment 246381
Hi @411domains,
We appreciate the report, we're going to DM you for additional information that will be valuable for us to investigate. (update: your account at NamePros looks to be restricted, so we're unable to DM you to get further information. As an alternative, our customer service team will be able to help you.)

The "Verify Domains" function on Afternic doesn't seem to be working right now, as I get all the conflicts verified, then the screen flashes a valid "Submit" button, but then the button goes gray and the domains go red and will not allow me to edit or add them. I've done this several times before without issue, but today I'm in a loop.

I've done this over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over until I'm going crazy.

I freaking hate Afternic - nothing ever works properly on the beta, but the old system doesn't support Domain Verification.
Hi @DomainRecap,
We're sorry to hear about your experience, the feedback will be sent to our engineering team. If you are still encountering this, please verify the fault from an another browser, and DM us, we'd be happy to help.

Last edited:
•••
There is error with certificate all domains now show ads @GoDaddy
example error: "MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT"

Attachments

• afternic-certificate.png
    afternic-certificate.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
•••
There is error with certificate all domains now show ads
example error: "MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT"
I can confirm. All Afternic landers (including Afternic BIN landers) that previously were working correctly with https directly (https://example.com), now suddenly show this warning.

Please look at this for all landers and all accounts a.s.a.p @GoDaddy

Thanks.

@James Iles

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back