Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will we ever have the ability to sort the views by number of visits? Also, it would be helpful to reduce the width of the columns...it gets tiresome having to go side to side when viewing on a small screen (I hope I have a way to do this in settings).
Yes. We're working on the functionality for sorting views, and adding the view data to the portfolio export file. We chose to release visitor statistics to sellers while we worked on these updates, so that sellers can benefit from the insights and added data. Of course, we'll let the community know once these updates are released.

•••
Yes. We're working on the functionality for sorting views, and adding the view data to the portfolio export file. We chose to release visitor statistics to sellers while we worked on these updates, so that sellers can benefit from the insights and added data. Of course, we'll let the community know once these updates are released.
Thanks for the response. Looking forward to sort ability; hopefully in early 24. :xf.smile:

•••
@GoDaddy

when will the ability to see pending distribution sales be available at dan.

Also, I tried to renew domains 6 times over the course of an hour this morning without success. It kept telling me we encountered an error try again later. I finally transferred them all to dynadot. And the cart was not showing any of my previously saved payment options.

Lastly, If you delete all of your domains from afternic, are they still opted into the sales network? I removed mine a while back and use dan now, but today after transferring names to dynadot I received an email stating ONE of the eight domains moved was removed from the network.

•••
@GoDaddy

when will the ability to see pending distribution sales be available at dan.

Also, I tried to renew domains 6 times over the course of an hour this morning without success. It kept telling me we encountered an error try again later. I finally transferred them all to dynadot. And the cart was not showing any of my previously saved payment options.

Lastly, If you delete all of your domains from afternic, are they still opted into the sales network? I removed mine a while back and use dan now, but today after transferring names to dynadot I received an email stating ONE of the eight domains moved was removed from the network.
Hi @Bearded Goat,
Since this is the Afternic thread, we'll keep it on topic and answer the Afternic-platform question (you're welcome to DM us to discuss the other points). Deleting domains from Afternic will remove them from the network. If you're seeing names still listed, please call our support team as soon as possible https://www.afternic.com/contact-afternic

•••
I have bought a few domains on Afternic lately, and I have to say the transfers have been extremely slow.

I bought a domain a couple weeks ago and it took 3-4 days after "Afternic DNescrow" took possession to have them finally ask for push info.

On a current one, "Afternic DNescrow" took possession on the morning of 12/13. I have still not been asked for push information on that one.

I am normally the seller on Afternic, not the buyer. Is it always this slow to receive the domain once Afternic has possession of it? @GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I think I mentioned this before and dont want to go through the whole process ,but never ever ever never ever a million times use fast transfer ,at afternic a good chance a past owner is going to get paid on your sale ,I dont care what they say it happens and almost happened to me and I had to convince some idiot godaddy broker that I own this domain.

Last edited:
•••
@GoDaddy

I tried to write privately to ask additional questions and it shows: The following recipients could not be found: @GoDaddy.

So I received another email from afternic telling me a domain I transferred away from godaddy to dynadot was removed from the network. I deleted all of my domains from afternic and use dan integration. I am going to still see names listed because I am using dan. So I wrote to afternic support and they replied today with:

Therefore, simply deleting the listings would not always remove the domains from the Premium network. Certain status changes for the domains though, like expirations, contact updates or transfers between registrars would result in an opt-out. In situations where you would want to make sure that a domain whose listing you have deleted here is opted out of our Premium network, please reach out to the domain registrar.

What is the correct answer?

•••
I have bought a few domains on Afternic lately, and I have to say the transfers have been extremely slow.

I bought a domain a couple weeks ago and it took 3-4 days after "Afternic DNescrow" took possession to have them finally ask for push info.

On a current one, "Afternic DNescrow" took possession on the morning of 12/13. I have still not been asked for push information on that one.

I am normally the seller on Afternic, not the buyer. Is it always this slow to receive the domain once Afternic has possession of it? @GoDaddy @James Iles

Brad
It has been 6+ days now since "Afternic DNescrow" has had possession at GoDaddy.

I have still heard nothing.

I don't understand how the push process can be this slow.

Brad

•••
It has been 6+ days now since "Afternic DNescrow" has had possession at GoDaddy.

Brad
yeah - afternic has really gone down hill since the last round of DRI layoffs.

•••

Brad
I was finally contacted by Afternic, asking for push information.

After I provided the information the actual push took less than an hour.

I am not sure exactly why there was a delay, but I assume @GoDaddy will explain.

Brad

•••
•••
@GoDaddy

Why domains on Dan as make offer are not distributed on the Afternic network? They should be distributed as make offer

•••

Brad
Hi Brad,
We're glad that this was resolved and that the domain is in your possession. In this rare case, our transfer verification process took longer than usual.

This isn't typical. On average, buyers will be contacted within one business day of Afternic receiving the domain name. Of course, as we go into 2024, we'll look at how we can further improve the efficiency of this process.

•••
@GoDaddy

I tried to write privately to ask additional questions and it shows: The following recipients could not be found: @GoDaddy.

So I received another email from afternic telling me a domain I transferred away from godaddy to dynadot was removed from the network. I deleted all of my domains from afternic and use dan integration. I am going to still see names listed because I am using dan. So I wrote to afternic support and they replied today with:

Therefore, simply deleting the listings would not always remove the domains from the Premium network. Certain status changes for the domains though, like expirations, contact updates or transfers between registrars would result in an opt-out. In situations where you would want to make sure that a domain whose listing you have deleted here is opted out of our Premium network, please reach out to the domain registrar.

What is the correct answer?
Thanks @Bearded Goat. In this case, please continue to work with Afternic support and your current registrar to ensure listings are removed. In the majority of cases, deleting listings will remove the domain from the Premium network, but as our support mentioned, checking in with your registrar is a helpful additional step to make sure listings are opted out.

•••
Hi Brad,
We're glad that this was resolved and that the domain is in your possession. In this rare case, our transfer verification process took longer than usual.

This isn't typical. On average, buyers will be contacted within one business day of Afternic receiving the domain name. Of course, as we go into 2024, we'll look at how we can further improve the efficiency of this process.
Can you please explain what "transfer verification" means?

What was special about this transaction that made it fall well outside that one business day average?

Thanks,
Brad

•••

What was special about this transaction that made it fall well outside that one business day average?

Thanks,
Brad
Call BS or drink the Kool Aid. They have been backed up for weeks for many of my transactions. They laid off knowledgeable people in Transaction Assurance and are piecing together a B-team in Bulgaria, a team that is having a hard time catching up.

•••
5 hours ago I received an email from Afternic that they had sold one of my names and shortly after I sent them an auth code and now the money has already landed in my account - Thanks to Afternic for a very fast transaction

•••
@GoDaddy

I received yet another email telling me 2 domains were removed from afternic. The only registrar that I seem to be receiving these messages for are godaddy domains.

•••
@GoDaddy @James Iles
Latest Ticket Number: 04973976 ( Afternic Call)
Subject: Payout not issued after 28 days of fast transfer.

I sold a domain name via afternic on 26th November 2023. It was listed on fast transfer. The domain name got transferred on the very same day. The dashboard says the transfer was completed. I have reached the support team 5 times via Email and call. But the payout is still not issued. Could you please look into this?

•••
In retrospect, the term 'fast transfer' is a little misleading. Indeed, the domain is immediately removed from your registrar account, but payment to Seller can take forever, with insufficient insight into why this should happen in the first place. DAN shows that it is certainly possible to pay Seller almost instantly. Why can't bigger brother Afternic do this consistently?

Last edited:
•••

Thanks,
Brad

Just a side comment, my transfers get solved quite fast and I'm paid within 2 days or so.

Must be something trust related to the seller, if you ask me.

I would bet they will not delve more into the security matters though.

•••
I think Afternic really needs to work on getting payments out much quicker. Sedo and Dan are faster. I know it's called Fast Transfer but Fast Payout would be nice.

Domain Sold

"There is no action needed from you at this time and we will send you an email within 7-10 days regarding your payment."

10 days?

Transfer complete but Payout - Not Scheduled

I've had Dan and Sedo payout the next day.

Last edited:
•••
I think Afternic really needs to work on getting payments out much quicker. Sedo and Dan are faster. I know it's called Fast Transfer but Fast Payout would be nice.

Domain Sold

"There is no action needed from you at this time and we will send you an email within 7-10 days regarding your payment."

10 days?

Transfer complete but Payout - Not Scheduled

I've had Dan and Sedo payout the next day.

I get them very fast lately. 1-2 days after transfer completed. Unsure what is the issue you are still experiencing.

•••
@GoDaddy @James Iles
Latest Ticket Number: 04973976 ( Afternic Call)
Subject: Payout not issued after 28 days of fast transfer.

I sold a domain name via afternic on 26th November 2023. It was listed on fast transfer. The domain name got transferred on the very same day. The dashboard says the transfer was completed. I have reached the support team 5 times via Email and call. But the payout is still not issued. Could you please look into this?
37 days and still counting.
Tried to connect the transaction assurance team via email and call.
Tickets closed without the issue being resolved.
@GoDaddy

•••
I am very about afternic.I try to found website performance of afternic and use some online tools like:pagespeedinsight-pingfoom-bytecheck-webpagetest-jtmatrix,all these I was use for know how much main website performance online and how much her Seo work .all results are totally against my - expectations.very bad performance.if main website have too much bad performance with mobile and desktop test .then how we can expect we can get some good traffic and good parking revenue ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back