NameSilo

ALERT: VeriSlime Sitefinder Could Be Costing YOU Overture Clicks.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just noticed quite a few Sitefinder referrer entries in my logs. Those clicks are costing me Overture clicks.

I have looked at content accesed by those who were directed to my site by Verislime SiteFinder, and I notice everyone of them left as soon as they landed on my site. I guess they must have left in a hurry, trying to get back to the site they were trying to go to in the first place.

So if you are an Overture advertiser, Verislime could be costing you a bundle becuase of higly irrelevent traffic being sent to you from people who don't know how to correctly type an url.

Obviously, Verislime is making money by sending me useless traffic, at MY cost. >:(

If you are an Overture advertiser, check your logs! I am looking into blocking my ads from running on verislime sitefinder.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if they are affecting my Google ads. Clickthroughs jumped 50% starting on September 27, and is still at this high level until today.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
I wonder if they are affecting my Google ads. Clickthroughs jumped 50% starting on September 27, and is still at this high level until today.

I don't think they are involved with running any adword stuff. Has your Adwords placement/ad-copy changed recently?

Are you seeing any marked changes in your CTR or converion rates?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the news SlashRoot. I was wondering if they were using Overture results or not.

•••
I had hoped there were not, but looks like my log is indicating otherwise.

My interest was triggered by the fact that almost all of the visitors coming from sitefinder were leaving in a few short seconds, unlike the user-browsing patterns we see usually on our site.

I still don't have a staistically valid data-set to conclude this for sure, so I am going to continue to watch my logs, collect a good data sample, and report back my findings.

Right now, I got to try to put out some brush fire here. Looks like a drive on one of our boxes is spewing out some surface errors... will be right back after getting that out of my way.

In the mean time, consider this an interesting thing to look out for.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back