Domain Empire

Alexa's new feature: The webmaster who owns this site also own ..... mmmm

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sm

Established Member
Impact
for those who wouldnt want their secret websites :p to be exposed to one and all, this is a pretty dumb thing. check it out: http://www.alexa.com .. enter your web address and check the left hand column 8-X

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Oh man thats pretty much what we want, but looks scary 8-X right now :lol:

Now you cant say :notme:

Oh...not that scary, as it compares only the Alexa data, not the real whois :)

•••
I don't see it.... what left hand column?

•••
•••
yeah that's what it is...... it doesnt show all sites owned... just a selection.

•••
there's nothing scary on the left hand column? only the way back machine :imho: it will be added exposures on other domains i own :)

•••
the way back machine shows the history of a particular website. this is about showing a particular website owner's other sites ....

•••
:imho: well i like both :) and I've got nothing to hide.

•••
How do they get the info on what other sites you own?

Whois or something?

•••
reverse whois on an ip so if you don't like it, it's better to use different ips on your domains. and most probably the linkages on domains you have

•••
I tried a few websites, and only yahoo, which was given in the link specified above by AndyM3 shows anything there. Even google doesn't....

•••
I see it. Not sure I like it. I have blue-chip sites, and other experimental sites, and would rather not have them associated with each other.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back