IT.COM

new gtlds AlpNames overtakes GoDaddy as the 2nd largest new gTLD domain registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
According to ntldstats.com, AlpNames has just overtaken GoDaddy in terms of the number of new gTLD domain names under management.
AlpNames.com has 1,016,800 new gTLD’s under management while Godaddy has new gTLD’s 1,005,071.

Alpnames was founded in 2013 in order to provide registrar services under the new gTLD program.
The largest new gTLD domain name registrar is the Chinese registrar, West.cn which has over 2 Million domain names under management representing just under 18% of the new gTLD market.

Source

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow, I was unaware of Alpnames. I'll have to check them out.

•••
ALPNAMES is nice registrar with RC backed panel like whois.com

They have awesome pricing for almost all tlds

•••
I don't know if that means anything to you but -contrary to all the known registrars who all have excellent ratings- alpnames have a not-good rating in Web of Trust

•••
Worse customer service. I had an urgent issue and tried for one week to reach their customer support. I'm not sure if they have a phone number. But I sent multiple e-mails (like 10 or more) with no reply what-so-ever. So my recommendation is to not register any serious or important names with them. Only if you want some .29 cents .win names or whatever promotion like that they're currently running.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back