Dynadot

Another disaster day on Namedrive!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Another disaster day on Namedrive for me, nothing over 0.03....wtf, is this going to be the way it is from now on!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adsense is starting to suck also. But considering 95% of my sites are parked, I'm starting to get really irritated.

•••
What type of domains do you own? I had a good day yesterday at ND..

Of course if you have game traffic its going to be low across PPC providers. Best off redirecting that type of traffic.

•••
most names are industrial words, specific niches. I have general terms are well, the traffic is there... but the pay is starting to fade.

•••
I have a "Celebrity" type name that gets consistent traffic and clicks and no matter what sort of keywords I choose I can not get higher than $0.11 and that is rare! Most clicks are the famous $0.02... :td:

•••
I also had a good day at ND yesterday, couple of 1$ clicks.

•••
Why are my sites bombing, the last few months I've being averaging 0.08 which I think is about right, but the last few days it's 0.03. What could have happen to cause that?

•••
well, its better then some of my days

<< this is my 500th post :snaphappy: :hehe:

Last edited:
•••
non-us traffic pays less i believe

•••
NAMEDRIVE ARE NOTHING SHORT OF YOU HANDING THEM OVER YOUR DOMAINS FOR THEM TO COLLECT ON....

IN 9 moths at ND - I earned a total of $105.

In 17 days at PARKED.COM - I have earned $134

I think these sttistics just blow away any crap Namedrive will come up with as to why they are paying you so little

Cut your losses and run - quickly.

•••
Namedrive was awesome for me at the start, good CTR and decent PPC but it's been downhill for the past few months now.

I have insurance domains there getting 10c that used to get over a dollar a click, and everything else is down across the board. I moved half of my domains to sedopro. I figured as most of them are for sale and not big ppc earners, this made the most sense for the reduced commissions. My PPC at Sedo during December was doubled the previous 2 months on ND, from only half the names.

I've always gotten great service from Namedrive and love their interface, but at the end of the day the $$ is why we park.

•••
Lasher said:
Namedrive was awesome for me at the start, good CTR and decent PPC but it's been downhill for the past few months now.

I have insurance domains there getting 10c that used to get over a dollar a click, and everything else is down across the board. I moved half of my domains to sedopro. I figured as most of them are for sale and not big ppc earners, this made the most sense for the reduced commissions. My PPC at Sedo during December was doubled the previous 2 months on ND, from only half the names.

I've always gotten great service from Namedrive and love their interface, but at the end of the day the $$ is why we park.

Exactly what I did, but with high traffic, low paying domains. Freakin' ND--> 1cent clicks, and at Sedo at least I was getting .08cents... its still nothing compared to the .20-.50cents/click (CTR is very good on this Domain) that I used to get, but what can I do? I saw the parked.com suggestion above and figured what the hell, might as well...

Sad this is I have my domains parked with normal Sedo, I had problems with SedoPro, but they never respond to my emails. It wasnt accepting an invite I received.... oh well, forced me to start development ;)

•••
MILLERSCROSSING said:
NAMEDRIVE ARE NOTHING SHORT OF YOU HANDING THEM OVER YOUR DOMAINS FOR THEM TO COLLECT ON....

IN 9 moths at ND - I earned a total of $105.

In 17 days at PARKED.COM - I have earned $134

I think these sttistics just blow away any crap Namedrive will come up with as to why they are paying you so little

Cut your losses and run - quickly.
What domain?

Different domains will do better a different places...

•••
I've used them all except for Sedo Pro..

I-Monetize and and parked have been the msot consistent. My only complaint with parked is their pages are so generic that I think they miss a lot of potential clicks. With I-monetize they are extremely effective ons ome domains and they can't even pull 1 click with high traffic on others..

Truthfully I think the only real way to maximize revenue is make your own pages and get your own publishers.. IE Adsense etc.. (there are dozens to pick from) At the end of the day I think all of these companies skim a little to much off the top.

•••
I haven't had a single click on the handful of domains that I have had at Parked for a few months, and the views are about 10% of what they saw at ND.

Other domains that I moved from ND to Dotzup did GREAT (Phenomenal even on some) for the first few weeks and then dropped pretty dramatically until recently where they seem to be coming back.

ND has also been much better in recent weeks for those that I left there, though those clicks that used to generate $2-3 now only generate .20-.30.

And Sedo has always just sucked wind for me on any type of dn I parked there, but they are there to sell so I can live with the drop as the savings in commisions is more than what these names would normally generate.

I'm guessing some of the biggest things that effect the results we all see are:

- The ad program that is being used.
- The filters that each services has in place to block what they consider "bad" traffic.
- The payout rates each service has in place. As well as whether they pay for multiple clicks from a single visitor to a page and what the scale is for traffic from other countries.
- The template appearance and available on-page customizations factors.

I doubt there will ever be just one "best parking service" for all domain categories.

As my grammie always said, "It pays to shop around".

•••
i just switched 85% of my names to parked and i must say its awesome.

granted this is the honeymoon period and expect earning to fall in the next 3 months but their greatest asset:

Forward non-monetized traffic to a highpaying adsense minisite.
I recreated my minisite on a undeveloped nontraffic site so I could better gauge the return on this alone.
It has made me 5 dollars in the 3 days I have been parked with them.

Tim

•••
The other thing I find strange is how a domain will get 2 clicks in a day, one will pay $0.38 or so and the other will pay $0.02... I realize that geography plays a part but the ads should still be targeted and one would think that they would pay a similar amount... And the $0 clicks are really starting to bug me...

•••
As many of the rest of us, my revenue at ND is ridiculous at best. Which is one thing that gets me a bit worried, the other thing that has me exceptionally concerned though;

Ed from ND who usually responds quickly to threads is NOWHERE to be seen in this thread. I believe we all agree that this thread may make a difference in some peoples choice in parking services, yet Ed remains silent. THAT'S the thing that's worrying me.

Ed,...any kind of explanation as to what's going on with our domains? The diminishing revenue and reduction of values that once were above .002 per click are a major concern.
I understand the "2 lane highway" that google is driving, but when even great domains are not getting any decent amount anymore, than it stands to reason that there is something else behind the scenes. Maybe you can shed some light on what's going on?

•••
gjsys said:
Ed from ND who usually responds quickly to threads is NOWHERE to be seen in this thread. I believe we all agree that this thread may make a difference in some peoples choice in parking services, yet Ed remains silent. THAT'S the thing that's worrying me.

Ed,...any kind of explanation as to what's going on with our domains? The diminishing revenue and reduction of values that once were above .002 per click are a major concern.

Hes probably fed up with replying with the same message to mulitple posts all saying the same thing.

No disrespect gjsys but the problem lies in the feed for which you are receiving from google not because ND have done anything different.

Take a peek at your own domains pages, are you seeing well known advertisers there or are you seeing sub domain advertisers, sometimes advertising another parking page??

•••
Please!!!! Give Advice on Parked Pages :)

Hi guys :) , I have three website names and I'm figuring that I may as well make money off of them. But, since I've never done it before I'd truly like to know if it's worth it. Once you subtract the costs, are there profits to be made? And if you had to do it all over again, would you?

Any advice would help. Thanks in advance :)

•••
can u park adult domains at parked?

•••
Badger said:
Hes probably fed up with replying with the same message to mulitple posts all saying the same thing.

No disrespect gjsys but the problem lies in the feed for which you are receiving from google not because ND have done anything different.

Take a peek at your own domains pages, are you seeing well known advertisers there or are you seeing sub domain advertisers, sometimes advertising another parking page??

I don't see it as disrespectful.
All it gets to say is that there are areas of "gray" that should be efficiently answered. Frankly, the only reason for a thread like this to even exist, is the missing explanation from someone that has complete insight and gives a truly valid statement as to why things are the way they are.

Granted, you may say that domain investing is a gray zone at times, yet let me put that in the correct spotlight, while domain investing is done in shades of gray, the placement of domains to generate money should be transparent, with clear and concise lines to follow along, so everyone, provided that they have interest, has a clear idea of what's going on.
This does not get to say that 3rd party aggregations or PPC vendors are obsolete, it just gets to say that the fog that they are hiding behind, is supporting such threads.

•••
No, youre absolutely right - i think.. :-/

First up, I can assure you that Namedrive are a good and honest service. But, as in any business, there has to be an element of trust. Either that or users can simply vote with their feet. The problem of diminishing returns are a new phenominon in the PPC industry and providers are just now trying to catch up. We at 1plus are about to launch a similar service and as such have stolen a march on our rivals by writing into our stats open and transparent reporting. Im sure something the others would have done if theyd known from the outset about the upcoming google "smartpricing" program. And we only have this advantage because we have this info upfront.

•••
badger will you start a program for adult domains?
We no make the cut folks from the moniker internext auction need to monitize our domains, any help.

•••
I made over $200 in ND in 2 weeks with 8-10 domains a while back. This was when ND first came out. It was great. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back