Any extension works?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Roopa Yuvaraj

Established Member
Impact
Hi All,

Please let me understand this.
Can l use any extension in domain names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Hi All,

Hi

basically, you can use any extension to develop a website.
some exceptions or restrictions may apply to country code extensions, like .us for example.

however, if you're looking to resell only the domains, then your choices/selections should be limited to the most popular and least expensive.

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Hi

basically, you can use any extension to develop a website.
some exceptions or restrictions may apply to country code extensions, like .us for example.

however, if you're looking to resell only the domains, then your choices/selections should be limited to the most popular and least expensive.

imo...
Helpful. Thank you 🙏

•••
Upvote 0
Hi All,

Stick with .com only until you domain for at least 6 months and read every possible educational thread on namepros about domaining. At least in my opinion.

•••
Upvote 0
Stick with .com only until you domain for at least 6 months and read every possible educational thread on namepros about domaining. At least in my opinion.
Yes Daniel, your Point is valid. Tx.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi All,

Domain names are categorized into Top-Level Domains (TLDs), which are the highest level in the system. TLDs can be generic (.com), country code (ccTLD), or second-level (SLD). Some TLDs have specific rules or restrictions, such as.edu,.gov,.mil, or.co.uk. When registering a domain name, you must choose from officially available TLDs and comply with any associated rules or restrictions.

•••
Upvote 0
Hi All,

No. There are certain existing extensions.

For example, .yuvaraj doesn't exist. So if you want roopa.yuvaraj then that won't work.

Extensions are normally called TLD (top-level domain), and there are two kinds, ccTLD:s (country-code top-level domain) and gTLD:s (generic top-level domain).

ccTLD:s are all two letters (.us, .cn, .ru, etc.) administered by their respective countries, e.g. .de is administered by DENIC in Germany.

gTLD are three letters or more (.com, .net, .online, etc.) and are administrated by ICANN and a registry (for example Verisign administers the .com and .net, but not the .org)

Some ccTLD:s are restricted to the citizens and business operators of the countries, while gTLD:s are available for everyone.

But there are things to take note of, such as recognizability, renewal prices, etc. Your best bet is always going to be the .com.

•••
Upvote 0

For example, .yuvaraj doesn't exist. So if you want roopa.yuvaraj then that won't work.

Extensions are normally called TLD (top-level domain), and there are two kinds, ccTLD:s (country-code top-level domain) and gTLD:s (generic top-level domain).

ccTLD:s are all two letters (.us, .cn, .ru, etc.) administered by their respective countries, e.g. .de is administered by DENIC in Germany.

gTLD are three letters or more (.com, .net, .online, etc.) and are administrated by ICANN and a registry (for example Verisign administers the .com and .net, but not the .org)

Some ccTLD:s are restricted to the citizens and business operators of the countries, while gTLD:s are available for everyone.

But there are things to take note of, such as recognizability, renewal prices, etc. Your best bet is always going to be the .com
So well explained.. Thank you so much. Being a newbee its very challenging and feels like world has taken all the domain names and nothing left for newbee. 🙄
Whatever I search, its say its taken 😀

•••
Upvote 0
Domain names are categorized into Top-Level Domains (TLDs), which are the highest level in the system. TLDs can be generic (.com), country code (ccTLD), or second-level (SLD). Some TLDs have specific rules or restrictions, such as.edu,.gov,.mil, or.co.uk. When registering a domain name, you must choose from officially available TLDs and comply with any associated rules or restrictions.
Thank you🙏

•••
Upvote 0

But there are things to take note of, such as recognizability, renewal prices, etc. Your best bet is always going to be the .com.
Thanks for the suggestions!

•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back