NameSilo

question Any Free / Paid Sites to cost effectively Promote your domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hi. Just read an post somewhere on NP. about posting your domain auction on sites like Domain Shane. Are there other sites like this that we can promote our domain auctions effectively? Also please give your experiences with each of them. Thanks. Let me start the list.

DomainShane.com
DNJournal.com

Next?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Of course it is! I forgot to add "besides thee AWESOME Namepros!" sorry! lol I meant outside of Namepros. There is of course a much bigger world out there than the land of Namepros. But there is no better promotion spot in the domaining world than Namepros. No doubt. "wink wink" lol Thanks for the input but still we have to see all possibilities and everyone's good or bad experiences with "Testing" thee other options.

is that alright?

•••
@Eric Lyon How's the baby?? :)
3 weeks old (2 month next Wed.) Healthy and doing fine. Full of energy and keeping us up at all hours. Still working on getting him acclimated to laying down by himself. He's still at a stage where he needs to be comforted when he's awake or he explodes like an atom bomb with emotions. ;)

On-topic : Keep in mind that NamePros is the largest and most active FREE domain investors community.

•••
•••
3 weeks old (2 month next Wed.) Healthy and doing fine. Full of energy and keeping us up at all hours. Still working on getting him acclimated to laying down by himself. He's still at a stage where he needs to be comforted when he's awake or he explodes like an atom bomb with emotions. ;)
Best advice I can give you is to comfort him but try to keep him in his room and crib. Good for parents and great for him! He will love his little space very soon. I wore out the baby monitors though! Constantly listening. :)

•••
ok any one else? let's start a comprehensive list shall we for the benefit of thee entire Namepros universe.

This is the part where like in the classic Christmas movie. "Miracle on 34th Street" where Gimbels tells it's workers if Macy's has something cheaper than Gimbels to refer them over to Macy's with a smile".

lol

•••
Not only is Namepros a free platform, but it is absolutely the deepest archive of knowledge there is in the domaining industry. Truly amazing when you look back and read all the posts from the past.

•••

On-topic : Keep in mind that NamePros is the largest and most active FREE domain investors community.

I TOTALLY AGREE.

•••

here's a few tricks.
1.the smell of lavender? calms a cholicky baby. light up one of those candle oil things with lavender smell. no scratch that oil and fire and baby? doesn't mix. put some lavender oil on your baby's blanket. won't cry as much.

2. take like a thin fabric like a handkerchief .if the baby is driving you nuts and won't sleep. kind like delicately just pass the fabric over the baby's face slowly. this works like gang busters. up and down form top of the head to the chin and back and forth. the eyes will start to close then knock out.

3. there's this doctor on youtube pediatrician who shows how a crying baby will stop he holds it some weird way and amazingly the baby just stops. Google it.

Congrats on the baby. I didn't know.

•••
just to make sure I'm clear. not dissing Namepros in anyway here. but someone mentioned advertising on DomainShane in some thread on here and how it netted some good results in their domain auctions. That's why I felt the need to ask.

•••
Noticed that there are a few "domain" groups on facebook. The search option there and or the hash tag "domain" helps

•••
I guess there are no other places to promote my domain auctions? lol This is pretty odd given how huge the interwebs is.lol oh well I'll have to diy it. Thanks everyone!

•••
Only other ones I know are just starting. Not really established.

•••
I guess there are no other places to promote my domain auctions? lol This is pretty odd given how huge the interwebs is.lol oh well I'll have to diy it. Thanks everyone!
Keep in mind that it becomes more of a chore and complicated if you have multiple listings at multiple places to keep track of. It's much easier to start a sales thread, at say, "NamePros" and then promote that thread through your social networks (E.g. FaceBook groups, LinkedIn groups, Google+ circles, CraigsList (If applicable), Other communities that have an external sales forum you can list in, Etc.). This not only makes it easier to manage your listings having only one vs. five or ten sales pages for the same domain(s), it also allows you to manage your time more productively driving more views to that listing, increasing the odds of interest in your favor. Keep in mind that most marketplaces have a rule in place that doesn't allow you to run an auction for the same domain at the same time anywhere else anyways.

Naturally, I'm not saying that you should blast any sales page links randomly everywhere. However, if other places have a designated area specifically for promoting, you might as well utilized it to benefit your bottom line and promote your sales listing.

•••
Keep in mind that it becomes more of a chore and complicated if you have multiple listings at multiple places to keep track of. It's much easier to start a sales thread, at say, "NamePros" and then promote that thread through your social networks (E.g. FaceBook groups, LinkedIn groups, Google+ circles, CraigsList (If applicable), Other communities that have an external sales forum you can list in, Etc.). This not only makes it easier to manage your listings having only one vs. five or ten sales pages for the same domain(s), it also allows you to manage your time more productively driving more views to that listing, increasing the odds of interest in your favor. Keep in mind that most marketplaces have a rule in place that doesn't allow you to run an auction for the same domain at the same time anywhere else anyways.

Naturally, I'm not saying that you should blast any sales page links randomly everywhere. However, if other places have a designated area specifically for promoting, you might as well utilized it to benefit your bottom line and promote your sales listing.

ok see this is great info because this was on my plate actually to think about. Now I know Sedo allows "double dipping" but Godaddy .....does.... not? but aren't Godaddy and Sedo partners now so to speak? here's the think I'm see a couple of domain pros show their listing and for one domain they blatantly show you three choices. either Godaddy Sedo and Flippa. I'm like how is this allowed? he said it was? can you explain? I just need some clarification. and I think everyone else does too. or is this off topic?

•••
I look at it like this. For selling domains that I am looking for a home run sale on, and I know it might take a while, I list on auction sites. For fast, hassle free, flips, there is no other place like NP that I know of. Great staff keeps it safe, great domainers, reliable and fast money. Other than NP, all the others take a while. That includes brandable sites too.

•••
ok see this is great info because this was on my plate actually to think about. Now I know Sedo allows "double dipping" but Godaddy .....does.... not? but aren't Godaddy and Sedo partners now so to speak? here's the think I'm see a couple of domain pros show their listing and for one domain they blatantly show you three choices. either Godaddy Sedo and Flippa. I'm like how is this allowed? he said it was? can you explain? I just need some clarification. and I think everyone else does too. or is this off topic?
This is slightly off-topic, so the short answer would be to check the Terms Of Use and rules of any marketplace you use to be sure you are in compliance with your listing. NamePros requires all active auctions to be unique to NamePros and may not be listed at auction anywhere else. It's impossible to have 2 winners for the same domain and deliver it to both of them without violating one of the marketplaces binding sales agreement rules.

However, also keep in mind that NamePros does have an external sales forum where you can list your domains for sale that are on other websites here. The external sales forum is the ONLY place you can promote an external domain or website related sales page on NamePros. You may want to check and see if the other places you list at have a similar area for external sales so you can use them to link to your NamePros listing(s)..

Hope that helps, Let's get back on-topic now :)

•••
yea I figured as much but you can't blame me if I try else where yes? I'm still free to do whatever I want right? again this post was never mean to disrespect NP. Love this place but I'm looking for "endusers" and I doubt endusers will ever find their way on Namepros simply because they need to join up and maybe pay. These endusers? most are business people. too business to dive into Namepros. They like a "magazine" or blog atmosphere they can ENTER immediately and check out what the content. For example, I just regged some .pet domains. I doubt someone at Purina pet food corp is ever going to end up on Namepros.com will they?

But just like those people will go to say a Wall Street Journal at their leisure. There's more chance they will end up on say a Domain Blogger that's wide open.

A Forum would be more of a "stretch" for an enduser.

If you want to promote to an Enduser who will give you the big bucks (hopefully) you need to get into their HEADS. like I said I can see Corp types be more agreeable with a "magazine" setting. A forum setting? just too much work I think. but that's what I think.

I want endusers not resellers who will (with all due respect we ALL know how we do right?!? lol) nickel and dime me and then turn around and sell my domain to endusers.

•••
yea I figured as much but you can't blame me if I try else where yes? I'm still free to do whatever I want right? again this post was never mean to disrespect NP. Love this place but I'm looking for "endusers" and I doubt endusers will ever find their way on Namepros simply because they need to join up and maybe pay. These endusers? most are business people. too business to dive into Namepros. They like a "magazine" or blog atmosphere they can ENTER immediately and check out what the content. For example, I just regged some .pet domains. I doubt someone at Purina pet food corp is ever going to end up on Namepros.com will they?

But just like those people will go to say a Wall Street Journal at their leisure. There's more chance they will end up on say a Domain Blogger that's wide open.

If you want to promote to an Enduser who will give you the big bucks (hopefully) you need to get into their HEADS. like I said I can see Corp types be more agreeable with a "magazine" setting. A forum setting? just too much work I think. but that's what I think.

I want endusers not resellers who will (with all due respect we ALL know how we do right?!? lol) nickel and dime me and then turn around and sell my domain to endusers.
Actually, Namepros pages are immediately indexed in Google and yes, people find there way here.

•••
well of course! because of all the activity. as with any forum or bbs but you know what I mean. Namepros isn't Forbes or The Wall Street Journal right? and those sites obvious have traffic. now I don't know about this DomainShane.com guy anyways I'll just use Similarsites.com to check similar sites to DomainShane.com and go from there. That's what I shoulda done in the first place. I'm very surprised no one here wants to contribute such sites. lol

Are they scared you guys might I don't know ban them? or penalize them maybe? or perhaps if they did mention those sites here they would get a warning?

I sure hope not! This is a domaining forum after all yes? There should be an open dialogue about topics like this. without blatantly promoting other sites on this website.

how can we do this so that people follow the rules Eric? Can or will you give them the Green light to do so? within reason? if doesn't have to even end in a .com just name it without the .com so there are no out going backlinks.. right?

•••
well of course! because of all the activity. as with any forum or bbs but you know what I mean. Namepros isn't Forbes or The Wall Street Journal right? and those sites obvious have traffic. now I don't know about this DomainShane.com guy anyways I'll just use Similarsites.com to check similar sites to DomainShane.com and go from there. That's what I shoulda done in the first place. I'm very surprised no one here wants to contribute such sites. lol

Are they scared you guys might I don't know ban them? or penalize them maybe? or perhaps if they did mention those sites here they would get a warning?

I sure hope not! This is a domaining forum after all yes? There should be an open dialogue about topics like this. without blatantly promoting other sites on this website.

how can we do this so that people follow the rules Eric? Can or will you give them the Green light to do so? within reason? if doesn't have to even end in a .com just name it without the .com so there are no out going backlinks.. right?
This is a really cool forum. I have only been on it for about 6 months or so, and everyone has been really helpful, not to mention the wealth of information. Sure, we all use various tools, but Namepros is very well established and does alot for the domaining community by providing this platform.

•••

You might be surprised at how many different types of buyers are members at NamePros, it might be even more surprising to know that our (Almost 1 million strong) member base works in all different fields. I'm willing to bet we have several in the Pet industry. Some of which might be end users looking to branch off from their 9 to 5 and start their own business.

Check out some of these NamePros sales mentioned by members: https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-are-the-biggest-sales-to-occur-between-members-on-np.907950/ - $50k, $65k, Possibly $500k, etc., and that's just a couple random ones. There's literally thousands of business engagements happening on NamePros every day/week. Even more in private that you don't see on the public forums.

Additionally, I'm not sure why you think it would cost an end user anything to sign-up to NamePros. it's free for everyone to join. Keep in mind (I'm reiterating from earlier) that NamePros is the largest and most active domain investors community in the world. Members that are starting new business ventures or expanding their present corporate network are investors as well, investing in their businesses by acquiring new domain realestate to build on.

I wouldn't be to quick to rule out NamePros as one of (If not the) most important asset to a domain investors networking and sales arsenal.

Eric

•••
It's a bit addicting too. :)

On a serious note, I have heard that the most effective way to sell your domains is outbound calling. I myself have been making some outbound calls and I can tell you that it works if you target the right end user, etc.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back