Dynadot

discuss Artificial Intelligence and how it applies to outbound sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
No doubt domainers way smarter than me are working toward a better way to market/sell domain names. While artificial intelligence is being used by retailers like Amazon to target prospects, realtors are also using AI to target home buyers.

I asked the question, is SEO artificial intelligence? No, but if you google "Is SEO artificial intelligence", you'll learn how AI empowers SEO.

Our brains are actually computers that if coordinated could develop one hell of a program that would target domain prospects rather than wait for these prospects to find us.

I believe I know enough about sales and marketing in general to provide credible input to make more domain sales to the real estate industry, the healthcare industry, and the food/restaurant industries.

Final questions...what, if anything do you know about AI and how it relates to selling domains? Do you know any one individual or company that's actively pursuing AI solutions for outbound domain sales? Inquiring minds would luv to know. Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I guess you don't have any insight to offer, but for newer investors this is a great example of situations that should be avoided when buying and selling domain names.

Some domainers have been able to profit by actively soliciting trademarked names to the TM holders, but over the long run I don't believe the damage to your reputation is worth the risk. Not to mention the potential for costly legal implications.

Anyway, apologies for getting side-tracked, but that was important to point out.
Even more important to point out is that I can't let you get away with this. For new investors, first off Joe Nichols is not a lawyer, and even if he were, his comments are pure opinion and speculation. I personally have trademarked several of my brands over the years and if anyone cares to send me a PM I'd be glad to share with you my experience. I can assure anyone reading this that I have NEVER EVER actively solicited tradmarked names, so I'm not concerned whatsoever about anyone damaging my reputation. Mr Nichols seems to insinuate that I somehow in "Bad Faith" register domains that may be in violation of trademark law which couldn't be further from the truth. As such, I consider his insinuation to be defamation, and I'm politely asking that he cease and desist his FALSE ACCUSATIONS!

•••
Even more important to point out is that I can't let you get away with this. For new investors, first off Joe Nichols is not a lawyer, and even if he were, his comments are pure opinion and speculation. I personally have trademarked several of my brands over the years and if anyone cares to send me a PM I'd be glad to share with you my experience. I can assure anyone reading this that I have NEVER EVER actively solicited tradmarked names, so I'm not concerned whatsoever about anyone damaging my reputation. Mr Nichols seems to insinuate that I somehow in "Bad Faith" register domains that may be in violation of trademark law which couldn't be further from the truth. As such, I consider his insinuation to be defamation, and I'm politely asking that he cease and desist his FALSE ACCUSATIONS!
Rich, my understanding is that you registered PhonePeddler.com and then contacted the owner of Peddler.com with an offer to partner. That's more or less the very definition of cyber squatting (as you so helpfully provided).

If that's not what happened, you might want to revise your above post. If it is what happened and you disagree with my opinion, that's fine, and of course you're welcome to pursue whatever course you wish.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but I felt it was important to warn investors to do their own due diligence before engaging in a similar course of action.

Anyway, I'm done here. I was hoping your willingness to engage in meaningful conversation had changed since your latest NP restriction, but I can see that isn't the case.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

•••
Rich, my understanding is that you registered PhonePeddler.com and then contacted the owner of Peddler.com with an offer to partner. That's more or less the very definition of cyber squatting (as you so helpfully provided).

If that's not what happened, you might want to revise your above post. If it is what happened and you disagree with my opinion, that's fine, and of course you're welcome to pursue whatever course you wish.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but I felt it was important to warn investors to do their own due diligence before engaging in a similar course of action.

Anyway, I'm done here. I was hoping your willingness to engage in meaningful conversation had changed since your latest NP restriction, but I can see that isn't the case.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
You really do need to be done here Joe Nichols "more or less" because of your "Bad Faith" FALSE ACCUSATIONS and INSINUATIONS. Like I said, I'm not the least bit concerned about my reputation by you referring to me as a cyber squatter. However, if I were you I'd be very concerned about your reputation for your behavior is way out of line.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back