IT.COM

Backording domains... Snapnames? Pool?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
how do snap names and pool work? and witch one works best?

thanks.

qbert

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Snapnames only allows on person to hold the snapback on a domain. Pool is an auction that occurs after they catch the domain. The only way you can participate in the auction is to have placed the min $60 bid before the drop date.

Pool smokes Snapnames

•••
acts837 is right.
Pool beats snapnames the majority of the time due to the fact it (pool) is alligned with over 40 registrars. However, the downside to using them depends on the value of the name. If you get to the auction bid phase you could be looking at shelling out big money. Snapnames is a first come first serve service, there's no auction and if you backorder is only 69 bucks.

•••
pool sounds doggy, i guess ill halfto give them all a go and see witch one gets it. if snapnames dosent get it youve still done your money right?

QBert

•••
No, if you use Snapnames you get unlimited transfers...trust me, you'll need it.

•••
is there anydownside to just sineing up with a bunch of those companeys? besides pool >:(

so i could go with snapnames, enom, winterwhatever and pool and just see witch gets it?

•••
if you have money then go for ALL backordering companies.

•••
this guy with the cape seems to have the right idear.

if i get pool and snapnames and someothers if i can find they that dont take my money unless they get it, ill only end up paying one of them right? or at least if they dont get it i can use it to try and get another domain? i dont realy understand the snapname transfers and how they work.

•••
Originally posted by QBert
this guy with the cape seems to have the right idear.
netph :)

i like pool, great service and easy to use

•••
i dont realy understand the snapname transfers and how they work.

With snapnames, you buy snaping credits for $69 each. You use 1 credit for snaping 1 domain. If snapnames fails to snap the domain you ordered then, that credit will still be availabe for snaping other domains. About transfers? well, snapnames is affiliated with different registrars, they will assign a registrar who will manage the administration of your backorder. When a domain is successfuly captured then, that registrar who was assigned by snapnames will automatically create an account for you to manage.

•••
do you need to be a reseller to use clubdrop?

•••
do you need to be a reseller to use clubdrop?

Yes

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back