domains Behind the keyword: GET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Many times when a new company cannot get their official corporate name as a .com, they go with the prefix GET. We have watched the recent move by Supply to move from GetSupply.com to Supply.co. I pointed out in some of the online discussions that another company does the exact opposite for their online identity. […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Fun read.

Though, I can't help but wonder if this thread, and/or the article comment section, will turn into a showcase your Get domains. :D

I say this because I, yes I myself, am tempted to plug a recent Get*.com I'm proud of, or should I say I feel has a lot of potential, because well, is it possible to be proud of a domain? Or more so proud of the acquisition and possible unforeseen opportunities ownership to the name may bring.

I don't get it.

Get what?

What's not to get?

•••
•••
Although still companies do go for "Get" when they do not have the original keyword they want but high sales were from generic words than by companies.

Thanks for this Intensive Research on Good Pattern @equity78 for showing the word "Get" before keyword is not sold more to company name, but to common generic word.

Also Raymond I think you should do a research on the "Buy" keyword prefix or suffix too and the results might be the same as above I guess.If so we might understand our audience (buyers) more with these patterns in it.

Last edited:
•••
One thing to ponder over with GET keyword is while branding, companies would probably want or register Get+keyword. It is a service, product, niche, or something, or else the domain name wont really make sense with the keyword.

Take for example; GetCash, GetMovies, GetJobs, etc.. Though GetMy and GetNext sold for decent sum, they dont really make sense to me, what am I missing @equity78?

P.S. English isn't my first language :-D

•••
Though, I can't help but wonder if this thread, and/or the article comment section, will turn into a showcase your Get domains. :D

Shouldnt, because we have plenty other places to do that. JMHO

•••
its like putting dirt in your milk to make it look similar to chocolate milk

•••
This week, I received information that the company acquired the domain name for $85,000. Postman upgraded from GetPostman.com to Postman.com.

More here...

It is a service, product, niche, or something, or else the domain name wont really make sense with the keyword.

But as you mentioned was not the case with GetMy...

There are over 1,000 .coms regged beginning with 'GetMy'. In this case, my is acting as a possessive adjective to describe ownership of the following noun.

Take GetMyScore for example.

upload_2019-11-10_9-7-24.png

There are 250+ .coms regged starting with Get, and containing score. Of that, the doubled hyphenated Get-Your-Score .com is included. The Your following Get also acts as a possessive adjective, thus over 1,000 .com's are regged beginning with GetYour.
upload_2019-11-10_9-12-45.png

As such, GetMy and GetYour are very similar in nature in that Action + Possessive Adjective + [insert anything here]

What do I want to get? I want to get my ________.

Hey, you won! Go get your _________.

Opposed to less descriptive Get domains without possessive adjective, such as GetScore. While GetScore is short, and works well as a brand, grammatically there is room to ask what score was received, as it lacks descriptiveness? What score, the Dallas Cowboys score? GetScore would have a likely use as a credit score service, thus GetMyScore or GetYourScore would be descriptive fits because it narrows down the score to pertaining to ones self. To conclude, GetMy is generic, and customizable enough for just about anything pertaining.

Regards to GetNext, I see Next in this context as the next big thing, but that's just personal opinion not even supported by the registration of GetTheNextBigThing.com which has been sitting unregged since 2007. Next in general is a huge keyword, as it comes after now. Now is cool, but what happens next?

I'd imagine getNEXT would be interested in upgrading to Next.com, (redirects to Apple) but who knows what the asking price of that domain is, which was probably included in the $429mil purchase price of the neXT in 1997. I mean, when a company capitalizes the primary keyword in their name, doesn't that reflect interest in upgrading to the shorter one-word domain?

upload_2019-11-10_9-39-54.png

Then, there are longer [Get + adjectives] that are more fitting than their shorter [Get + Verb] such as GetInsure.com VS GetInsured.com

upload_2019-11-10_9-44-12.png

upload_2019-11-10_9-45-41.png

VS

upload_2019-11-10_9-46-23.png

Because Get Insured is self explanatory, I'm not so sure they'd be nearly as interested in rebranding to Insured.com as getNEXT would be in re-branding to Next.com.

Shouldnt, because we have plenty other places to do that. JMHO

I wasn't, and this could be due to a language barrier or communication error, but I found it annoying (like, no shit Sherlock!) for you to reinforce what was said in joking nature.

Last edited:
•••
More here...

But as you mentioned was not the case with GetMy...

There are over 1,000 .coms regged beginning with 'GetMy'. In this case, my is acting as a possessive adjective to describe ownership of the following noun.

Take GetMyScore for example.

Show attachment 134959

There are 250+ .coms regged starting with Get, and containing score. Of that, the doubled hyphenated Get-Your-Score .com is included. The Your following Get also acts as a possessive adjective, thus over 1,000 .com's are regged beginning with GetYour.
Show attachment 134961

As such, GetMy and GetYour are very similar in nature in that Action + Possessive Adjective + [insert anything here]

What do I want to get? I want to get my ________.

Hey, you won! Go get your _________.

Opposed to less descriptive Get domains without possessive adjective, such as GetScore. While GetScore is short, and works well as a brand, grammatically there is room to ask what score was received, as it lacks descriptiveness? What score, the Dallas Cowboys score? GetScore would have a likely use as a credit score service, thus GetMyScore or GetYourScore would be descriptive fits because it narrows down the score to pertaining to ones self. To conclude, GetMy is generic, and customizable enough for just about anything pertaining.

Regards to GetNext, I see Next in this context as the next big thing, but that's just personal opinion not even supported by the registration of GetTheNextBigThing.com which has been sitting unregged since 2007. Next in general is a huge keyword, as it comes after now. Now is cool, but what happens next?

I'd imagine getNEXT would be interested in upgrading to Next.com, (redirects to Apple) but who knows what the asking price of that domain is, which was probably included in the $429mil purchase price of the neXT in 1997. I mean, when a company capitalizes the primary keyword in their name, doesn't that reflect interest in upgrading to the shorter one-word domain?

Show attachment 134964

Then, there are longer [Get + adjectives] that are more fitting than their shorter [Get + Verb] such as GetInsure.com VS GetInsured.com

Show attachment 134966
Show attachment 134969

VS

Show attachment 134971

Because Get Insured is self explanatory, I'm not so sure they'd be nearly as interested in rebranding to Insured.com as getNEXT would be in re-branding to Next.com.

Thanks for the detailed analysis on this one..

I wasn't, and this could be due to a language barrier or communication error, but I found it annoying (like, no sh*t Sherlock!) for you to reinforce what was said in joking nature.

I wasnt really talking about you there when I posted this and meant, it shouldnt happen because people have other places to do just that.

•••
Many times when a new company cannot get their official corporate name as a .com, they go with the prefix GET. We have watched the recent move by Supply to move from GetSupply.com to Supply.co. I pointed out in some of the online discussions that another company does the exact opposite for their online identity. […]

Continue Reading
Very Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I have a few names beginning with GET. Any suggestions on where the best place to go to sell them would be?

•••
Very Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I have a few names beginning with GET. Any suggestions on where the best place to go to sell them would be?

Check the top reported Get+ domain sales and their platforms. List on the most successful platform.

•••
But GET is not much valuable. When it goes for resale, its less preferred to the organisations

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back