NameSilo

Big Web Design Companies

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Well I've heard that some of the bigger design companies charge anywhere from 15,0000 to 500,000 to design a website?

Do you think they really charge that much ? Do you think there is really any website worth that much based on just the design of it?

Post all your comments on "BIG WEB DESIGN COMPANIES" .... :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It possible to be worth that much. Take a look at http://derbauer.de. They are by far the best flash designers I have ever seen. Their client base includes Ford and Toyota. Based on their portfolio...I'm thinking they charge $15,000 - $50,000.

But $500,000 :o ????? I don't know about that

•••
There's some nice flash on that site. :D The companies I am talking about are http://www.pixelbrick.com and http://www.2advanced.com I've heard of them charging in the hundreds of thousands for a full website design. Yes I'm sure if you can get customers like ford prices could definitley range in the 15 to 50,000 dollar area.

•••
I just went to 2advanced.net. It's pretty bad when screwballs like that get paid hundreds of thousands a site. The front page has requirements for the site, like at the bottom of of a software package, and there's no alternative site for say, people without broadband. Although, I suppose, if you can afford design from them, you should be able to afford a T1 for your house and the best computer money can buy.

And as for Pixelbrick. They make pixel art souless and corporate, like their logo for example. For a web design firm, their homepage is kind of, I dunno, not ugly or plain, just blah.

•••
2advanced does have a tight site.

•••
Originally posted by pistol
I just went to 2advanced.net. It's pretty bad when screwballs like that get paid hundreds of thousands a site. The front page has requirements for the site, like at the bottom of of a software package, and there's no alternative site for say, people without broadband. Although, I suppose, if you can afford design from them, you should be able to afford a T1 for your house and the best computer money can buy.

And as for Pixelbrick. They make pixel art souless and corporate, like their logo for example. For a web design firm, their homepage is kind of, I dunno, not ugly or plain, just blah.

I agree with you on the 2advanced. It is an eye catching site though. But if people will pay then .... I guess that's all there is to it lol. I suppose if you get into a full entire website with backend programming, custom photography, and members area and the whole works ..... something like eBay, but with nice art and flash ...... then maybe you could be talkin in the hundreds of thousands.

•••
All sites like that take are a little know how, some extra time, a vision, and a kick ass computer... unfortunately i've used up all my good visions.. and i'm working now up at the local movie theatre so i'm a little short on time.

•••
Hah, I used up all my good visions a loong time ago, and I don't even have a job to blame! :P

•••
•••
hey maxmedia I saw your post before you edited it and I do agree with you. You do get what you pay for. If I had $50,000.00 to spend on a website I would probably have one of them companies do it. :D Although I really think you could get near the same quality for a fraction of what they charge, but then again they have proven themselves time and time again. :)

•••
Originally posted by pistol

that's gotta be the most ignorant thing i've ever heard..

you just called Eric Jordan and Shane Mielke(art director for 2a - http://www.pixelranger.com) - "SCREWBALLS"

makes you wonder who the screwball is.. lol

•••
read after the word "although". And honestly, I enjoy calling flash designers "screwballs" especially american ones, because they use flash incessantly when half the sites they've designed for it's illegal to make without an html version according to the freedom of information act.

Flash-only sites are like public libraries that are inaccessible to wheelchairs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back