Domain Empire

.biz .biz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey--- I have a question --- What exactly does the dot biz stand for? Thanks a ton all. -Wondering

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
abbreviation for "Business"

coupled with the right prefix, it can be a nice domain name. Still requires branding of the .biz extension..

I've had a couple .biz
and have sold them all.. under $100 each however.

Goodluck!

•••
•••
Ok thanks. I thought it stood for business, only thing that made sense. It threw me off a bit though, because of the "z" .... but thanks. :) You rock

•••
Well 'bus' wouldn't make a whole lot of sense on it's own.
Althought it would make a funky tld on second thoughts!

•••
I was thinking '.bus' would make for a great one. It'd crack me up every time. And what is wrong with a laugh afterall? Nothing if you ask me... :lol:

•••
Originally posted by physicaltherapy
And what is wrong with a laugh afterall? Nothing if you ask me... :lol:

Priceless, IMHO. :$:

:yell:

•••
.Biz PART 2

Why does ''.biz'' often cost so much (like 99.95) when buying from domain sellers when ''.com''s and '.net's sell for much less...? I don't get it... Who would want a ''.biz'' over a ''.com'' or ''.net''? It makes zero sense to me... Help me, please!!!! :BAH:

•••
Ok if I merge this with your other ".BIZ" thread, PT?
May get a better response rate. :)

•••
Sure, I just thought I'd seperate them because they're kind of different. But you're the boss, go for it.

•••
Think it'll prove more efficient for you.
[/Merged thread].

Thank you kindly, PT. :)

•••
Re: .Biz PART 2

Originally posted by physicaltherapy
Why does ''.biz'' often cost so much (like 99.95) when buying from domain sellers when ''.com''s and '.net's sell for much less...? I don't get it... Who would want a ''.biz'' over a ''.com'' or ''.net''? It makes zero sense to me... Help me, please!!!! :BAH:

The price has dropped to around $6/year (like @ http://www.eyename.com/ ) now that all the good generic names are gone... It's always sellers market when you can register whatever word you'd like...

•••
•••
I wouldn't think they would be worth a lot, since mostly everything revolves around .com, .net, .org.

•••
If you have the right name, it could be.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back