Domain Empire

Brace yourself for Monday, two letter .com sold

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Domain sales activity has slowed down in the realm of excessively long domains, such as 6N, 7N and beyond. Whoever hyped those types of domains, better start refreshing their information on current market conditions.

As we said yesterday, short numbers and short letters are the winning combinations, and by that we mean SHORT: two/three letter and two/three number domains, whether .com or .CN.
ZR.com just changed hands.

According to Kirikos, US registrants own 369 “elite” two letter .com domain names out of 676, with China at 139 two letter .com domains.

Source

After the Chinese New Year, the people are returning to work. We might see some activity tomorrow.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't forget AEIOU is worthless to the Chinese regardless how many letters BIG LOL!!!

•••
^Don't there exist many short domains in China that have one of those letters in them?

•••
^Don't there exist many short domains in China that have one of those letters in them?

Yes they do but not as an Intial letter.

•••
Its already Monday in China!

•••
•••
This post literally makes me want to bang my head into a wall. I almost don't want to bump it. ;)

"Domain sales activity has slowed down in the realm of excessively long domains, such as 6N, 7N and beyond. Whoever hyped those types of domains, better start refreshing their information on current market conditions."

Here's a convenient link to 7N sales on Namebio:

What's perhaps MORE interesting than the above link is this link:

What is it and why is it more interesting? So glad you asked. The above link is 7N sales on NameBio sorted by reverse date -- namely OLDEST sales first. Why is it more interesting? Because before September 2015 only 16 7N had sold for more than $100.

Aside from that, just the mere suggestion that 1.3 billion people in China (ignoring anyone else interested in domains elsewhere) are going be friendly enough to just split up the literal handful of names that exist in the 2 to 5 character space and be done is almost mind boggling. Let alone if anyone should, dare I say it, own more than 1 of the things. ;)

As for 6N, ask yourself this: If you had put $10,000 into 4N in September/October (which admittedly would have been tough unless you were part of a buyer pool) and $10,000 into reg fee'd 0/4 6N in September/October, what would have given you the better return? Statistically, I'm pretty sure the latter 6N investment would've yielded you the best return. Anyone care to claim that's not the case?

For help, here's the small amount of 4N sales on Namebio...

See also:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/066698-com-bin-reduced-current-bid-115.918950/
Name registered June 1st, 2015 -- currently $125. Assuming $10 reg fee, that's 1,250% in 7 months. While someone or few may have found a random deal here or there, I think you'd be hard pressed to show me even a handful of 3N or 4N that traded with 1,250% return in 7 month. Any that did came at the expense of massive work and research and hunting on the part of the flipper.

Final Note: This isn't at all to say that short names aren't going to do great. For sure, if the extended market is going to grow, it is dependent on the prices of short names going up, which opens pricing room for these longer strings. So yes, are short names going up? Yes, I think they certainly are. I'm just taking issue with some notion the rest of the market is dead. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, that was very interesting

•••
This post literally makes me want to bang my head into a wall. I almost don't want to bump it. ;)

"Domain sales activity has slowed down in the realm of excessively long domains, such as 6N, 7N and beyond. Whoever hyped those types of domains, better start refreshing their information on current market conditions."

Here's a convenient link to 7N sales on Namebio:

What's perhaps MORE interesting than the above link is this link:

What is it and why is it more interesting? So glad you asked. The above link is 7N sales on NameBio sorted by reverse date -- namely OLDEST sales first. Why is it more interesting? Because before September 2015 only 16 7N had sold for more than $100.

Aside from that, just the mere suggestion that 1.3 billion people in China (ignoring anyone else interested in domains elsewhere) are going be friendly enough to just split up the literal handful of names that exist in the 2 to 5 character space and be done is almost mind boggling. Let alone if anyone should, dare I say it, own more than 1 of the things. ;)

As for 6N, ask yourself this: If you had put $10,000 into 4N in September/October (which admittedly would have been tough unless you were part of a buyer pool) and $10,000 into reg fee'd 0/4 6N in September/October, what would have given you the better return? Statistically, I'm pretty sure the latter 6N investment would've yielded you the best return. Anyone care to claim that's not the case?

For help, here's the small amount of 4N sales on Namebio...

See also:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/066698-com-bin-reduced-current-bid-115.918950/
Name registered June 1st, 2015 -- currently $125. Assuming $10 reg fee, that's 1,250% in 7 months. While someone or few may have found a random deal here or there, I think you'd be hard pressed to show me even a handful of 3N or 4N that traded with 1,250% return in 7 month. Any that did came at the expense of massive work and research and hunting on the part of the flipper.

Final Note: This isn't at all to say that short names aren't going to do great. For sure, if the extended market is going to grow, it is dependent on the prices of short names going up, which opens pricing room for these longer strings. So yes, are short names going up? Yes, I think they certainly are. I'm just taking issue with some notion the rest of the market is dead. ;)

You are SPOT ON... Keep it up

•••
I didn't even take the original article serious at all when i read it over there at Theo's blog.. best if he hadn't even put the "100% true" sticker there, but he really did even after making that BS statement about 6/7Ns.. *shaking head*

•••
6N and 7N will always
Domain sales activity has slowed down in the realm of excessively long domains, such as 6N, 7N and beyond. Whoever hyped those types of domains, better start refreshing their information on current market conditions.

As we said yesterday, short numbers and short letters are the winning combinations, and by that we mean SHORT: two/three letter and two/three number domains, whether .com or .CN.
ZR.com just changed hands.

According to Kirikos, US registrants own 369 “elite” two letter .com domain names out of 676, with China at 139 two letter .com domains.

Source

After the Chinese New Year, the people are returning to work. We might see some activity tomorrow.

Ha ha your source is from DG - I never read that junk.

The truth is good patterns in 6N and 7N are doing very well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back