NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another good logo published by BB on one of my names. That's the good news-the bad news is now over 18,000 names. Who's going to find it? Time will tell.

Last edited:
•••
I thought you couldn't do that with BB, that you have to give them the exclusivity of the sale/listing

Yes the domains BB accepts require exclusivity, but all the names BB rejects, try selling on all the different marketplaces. You will discover a pattern of what sells best on which marketplace. Example:

Color+Noun.com doesn't get accepted very often on BB, but i sell a good amount on Godaddy. Also 4 letter .com's are very rare to get accepted on BB, and very few 4 letter sales on BB,(mostly CVCV.com sales). But on Flippa 4 letter.com's (regardless if pronounceable) sell really well and for a decent amount. BB is looking for pronounceable AND catchy 4letters. These are just two examples but their is probably thousands of other examples... once you discover sales patterns for each marketplace, then you will know which domains to submit and not submit to BB.

•••
@brosom
I recommend trying to sell your domains at ALL marketplaces: GoDaddy/SEDO/Afternic/Flippa/BB/BR/Namerific/Bido/DomainNameSales/NamePros
Hope that helps...Cheers!

I would not take eBay off the equation.
For liquid domains, eBay is a good place. Only 10% fees.

•••
When you guys submit a domain on BB.
Do you always have the Facebook and Twitter handles going with it?

Even other social media.

IMO.. no, waste of time. And nearly impossible with a large portfolio due to managing email addresses and logins and also most Twitter handles are taken and Facebook pages require 25 likes. However, for only the best domains in your portfolio, it is a good idea. That being said, most of my BB names are already taken on twitter and or Facebook anyway.

•••
IMO.. no, waste of time. And nearly impossible with a large portfolio due to managing email addresses and logins and also most Twitter handles are taken and Facebook pages require 25 likes. However, for only the best domains in your portfolio, it is a good idea. That being said, most of my BB names are already taken on twitter and or Facebook anyway.

Thanks. I don't have social media with my domains either, but I wanted to know others thought of that.

I was just watching the very first video of DomainSherpa on YouTube yesterday and he was saying that having all the social media with the domain names is a very great addition that adds a lot of value. It gives the buyer the full package to start his business.

•••
..first video of DomainSherpa on YouTube yesterday and he was saying that having all the social media with the domain names is a very great addition that adds a lot of value.

It is a good 'addition' but saying it adds a lot of value is subjective. Watch the most recent Domain Sherpa review and listen to Andrew Rosener of Media Options say it doesn't add a ton of value, but it helps close the deal if the buyer is on the fence about the purchase.

•••
Yes the domains BB accepts require exclusivity, but all the names BB rejects, try selling on all the different marketplaces.

Any particular recommendations?

•••
These are just two examples but their is probably thousands of other examples... once you discover sales patterns for each marketplace, then you will know which domains to submit and not submit to BB.

In principle I agree that each market has names they sell well and names that don't move as well. Each market attracts a different market segment. I THINK Flippa is probably a younger demographic and SEDO is probably a larger foreign market. But I don't have proof to support that. However, Regarding the last part, If you are primarily in brandables, I would submit EVERYTHING to BB and then deal with the rejects accordingly. I send everything to them, essentially using them as a filter. I don't know their criteria so I don't try and predict what they will or wont accept. When they reject a name, I submit on Nameriffic. If Nameriific rejects I move to the next and so on. Eventually every domain finds a home.

I was just watching the very first video of DomainSherpa on YouTube yesterday and he was saying that having all the social media with the domain names is a very great addition that adds a lot of value. It gives the buyer the full package to start his business.
I think its a plus, but I rarely have them myself. As someone else said its just not realistic with a large portfolio. But when I have a name that i think is especially valuable, I will grab the Facebook and Twitter pages if available. As I type this though, it may be worth grabbing them for any BB accepted name. Otherwise I can see someone looking at the reported BB sales on here and then going to grab the associated social media pages, and trying to sell them back to the BB customer.

•••
In principle I agree that each market has names they sell well and names that don't move as well. Each market attracts a different market segment. I THINK Flippa is probably a younger demographic and SEDO is probably a larger foreign market. But I don't have proof to support that. However, Regarding the last part, If you are primarily in brandables, I would submit EVERYTHING to BB and then deal with the rejects accordingly. I send everything to them, essentially using them as a filter. I don't know their criteria so I don't try and predict what they will or wont accept. When they reject a name, I submit on Nameriffic. If Nameriific rejects I move to the next and so on. Eventually every domain finds a home.

I think this is really good advice and I do the same sort of thing. The only time I won't submit to BB first is when I think it is an EXTREMELY valuable domain that won't be priced even close to what it could make. But those are far and few between usually. :)

•••
Wanted to share lil of my BB experience.

Before i knew what 'domaining' was i was really into Bitcoin(still am). When the price of Bitcoin went crazy in 2013, I started some websites to help my customers better understand Bitcoin, like BitcoinHelps.com. The first domain i ever sold was one i bought with the intention of using for one of my own websites. But they found me by whois and made me a nice offer and i wasn't even using it.

Since the domain was 'coin' related, i bought dozens of 'coin' domains, thinking i would sell more(that was my domaining start)! In my search for 'coin' related domain i typed in the domain CoinSweep.com and it redirected me to Brand Bucket. This was the very first time i ever heard of Brand Bucket and i was like "hell no I'm not paying that much!" (LOL) My second experience was watching the Domain Sherpa show about BB and i created an account mid-interview and submitted names and haven't stopped yet. Glad i did.

Since CoinSweep.com was the name that lead me to discover BrandBucket, I acquired the name this week. :)

•••
The first newsletter is officially out.
---------------------------------------------

We are you happy to present you with our first seller's newsletter that will keep you updated on the happenings at BrandBucket.

July Sales
What started as a normal July ended as one of our better months to date. Keywords and pure brandables were almost evenly split with 51% of the sales being keyword domains and 49% being invented names. 54% of the keyword sales were made up of two word combinations, another 27% that sold consisted of a root word with a common ending added such as ly, sy, za, etc. The remaining 19% were alternate spellings of dictionary words and other prefix/ending combinations. It is probably no surprise that shorter is better for the invented domain sales with the average character length being 6.

circle1.gif

circle2.gif

Top Searches
The biggest mover is definitely "metro", which hasn't been anywhere near this high in the past. We've seen a few urban/city names sell, so it appears this search is leading to some nice sales. The other 14 search terms have stayed pretty consistent over the last few months.

chart.gif

Big Sales
Over the last three months we have made some great sales including the 6-figure sale of Responsive.com, and several 5-figure sales of LLLL.coms and generic keyword names. If you have any premium generics, or any pronounceable 4 letter names, please send them our way!

Commission Junction Deactivated
We have stopped the use of Commission Junction and are currently working on a better affiliate solution. We will update you once a new system has been implemented.

Finally, this is a great time to push through any names that are currently in progress. Our publishing queue has been optimized over the last two months, and your name will go through editorial and logo design very quickly. It's also a good time since we experience stronger sales in the second half of the year, once summer wraps up. It's not too early to start thinking about having a few extra bucks when Christmas rolls around!

For any other questions or comments feel free to email me at [email protected] or Skype me at michaeljkrell.

Happy domaining and have a great August!

Michael Krell
Managing Director @BrandBucket

•••
•••
•••
Me neither, do we need to subscribe for it anywhere?
Me neither - I didn't see anywhere to subscribe - assumed you would get it if you were a seller?

•••
Me neither, do we need to subscribe for it anywhere?

Me neither - I didn't see anywhere to subscribe - assumed you would get it if you were a seller?

I have't seen any subscribe buttons either, but like svede said, I thought if you were a seller it would automatically get sent to you.

•••
Noteworthy: BB actively looking for "premium generics".

I suppose it means "premium brandable generics". As in the 'responsive' example. Not in like 'usedcars'.

Who bought these "metro" names?

EDIT: OK. It was not "metro" name sales, but "metro" searches.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry for this probably stupid question, but what does the "metro" category include? .. Names example.

•••
Sorry for this probably stupid question, but what does the "metro" category include? .. Names example.
thought I was the only one not understanding this category lol

•••
I think the word "Metro" is used in other countries the same as we in the U.S. would use the term "Geo"

•••
How many sellers use the search function?

Just something to consider.

•••
How many sellers use the search function?

Just something to consider.

I often use the search field to look for keywords and see what is currently on BB and the value. I gives me some indicators of which keyword is valued higher or lower.

•••
CampaignMonitor sends out these email in batches, so hopefully everyone will be receiving it shortly. The chart in the email is of keyword searches, not categories. So metro was the second highest keyword last month.

•••
I think the word "Metro" is used in other countries the same as we in the U.S. would use the term "Geo"

Not in Europe.

•••
The chart in the email is of keyword searches, not categories. So metro was the second highest keyword last month.

Yes but when typing "metro", people are looking for names in that category.

Same as "Technology" is the keyword typed in the research, but people don't want that word in their domain.

I wonder what people are looking for "as names" when typing metro.

•••

I guess they are PlaceName + Keyword ? Where PlaceName could be a City, County, Town, Country, Island, Resort, Destination?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back