IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on your sales, Keith.

The way I keep track of my sell-through rate is I have all my names in an Excel spreadsheet, and I have a column for the exact date when each "goes live" or gets published.

Then I have another column which is =()TODAY-G33

where G33 would be the cell that has the "went live" date

Then way at the bottom of the spreadsheet I have a cell which is the SUM of all the individual days live.

Now I call that number my total listed-days.

You need this number to be able to calculate an exact sell-through rate. (I'll cover the calculation of a sell-through rate in a later post.)

Regarding listed-days, it works like this:

Let's say you have 3 total names published. One has been live for 45 days, one for 27 days, and one for 5 days.

Your listed-days = 45 + 27 + 5 = 77

My actual number for my BB portfolio is 47,404 listed-days. The individual domains range from my first that went live about 14 months ago (436 listed-days) to names that went live today (0 listed-days).

I have 295 names currently listed. So you can see that my average name has been listed for a little over 5 months (161 days).

To be exact, when you have a sale or remove a name, you have to change the cell from =()TODAY-G33 to:

=(date of sale or removal)-G33

I may need to read that again a couple of times whilst implementing it into my excel sheet. (Not too sharp with formulas) But great info. Thank You!

•••
Calculating an exact annualized sell-through rate based on listed-days

Now this listed-days number is the key to a very accurate sell-through rate.

I'll show you how I calculate my sell-through rate:

I have a total of 47,404 listed-days and I've had 9 sales so far. That's all the inputs we need.

First thing I do is I figure out how many listed days it has taken me to get 1 sale:

47,404 listed days divided by 9 sales = 5,267 listed days to get 1 sale

Now I imagine a hypothetical portfolio of 100 names listed for exactly a year. How many listed-days would that portfolio have? 100 names X 365 listed-days each = 36,500 listed-days.

Now I plug my own personal listed-days per 1 sale number into that hypothetical portfolio:

36,500 divided by 5,267 = 6.9

In other words, if I apply my sale rate to a portfolio of 100 names, I could expect to sell 6.9 names in a year. So that is a 6.9% annualized sell-through rate.

•••

I have a total of 47,404 listed-days and I've had 9 sales so far. That's all the inputs we need.

First thing I do is I figure out how many listed days it has taken me to get 1 sale:

Now I imagine a hypothetical portfolio of 100 names listed for exactly a year. How many listed-days would that portfolio have? 100 names X 365 listed-days each = 36,500 listed-days.

Now I plug my own personal listed-days per 1 sale number into that hypothetical portfolio:

In other words, if I apply my sale rate to a portfolio of 100 names, I could expect to sell 6.9 names in a year. So that is a 6.9% annualized sell-through rate.

You'd get the same result this way:

47404/295 = 160.7 days or 0.44 years

9 sales in 0.44 years is the same as 20.443 sales in a year (9/0.44).

20.443/295 = 6.9%.

As a formula you could write it as

(total sales/(total days/total names))/total names

•••
@Recons.Com Yup that looks solid to me.

Another number I like to calculate is how many days it "should" take to get 1 sale.

I take that 5,267 number and divide it by my portfolio size, which is 295 names.

Rounding, I should get 1 sale every 18 days now. Of course, that assumes that past results predict future results. In reality, I expect my rate to drop as time goes on.

Also in reality, it's been since March 25 since I had a sale, which is 41 days.

•••

First of all, thanks for sharing this, I find it very useful.

I was worried about my BB performance, but it was kind of a vague feeling. Now I can have figures to confirm why I should worry.

I'm over 100 domains now, for a total of almost 11,000 listed days. 0 sales yet.

I'm way behind your ratio ;):'(

•••
@MichaelSWUK We are currently running an affiliate program by invitation only. Please PM me with your details and we can take a look to see if it is a good fit.

•••
I'm over 100 domains now, for a total of almost 11,000 listed days. 0 sales yet.

Sounds like London Buses - You wait and wait and then 2 or 3 come along at once. Stay positive. Im sure if your names have been accepted then Brandbucket feel they have a good chance of selling.
You can of course actively promote your domains on a site of your own similar to Keith^
Good Luck!

•••
Sounds like London Buses - You wait and wait and then 2 or 3 come along at once. Stay positive. Im sure if your names have been accepted then Brandbucket feel they have a good chance of selling.
You can of course actively promote your domains on a site of your own similar to Keith^
Good Luck!

There is also a view that names have better chance of selling at the beginning, when they get some exposure at home page and newsletter.

11000 days for 100 names, she should have sold a name at least by now with 3.8% claimed sell through ratio average.

•••
Brandbucket sales for April experienced a slight drop, wonder why.

•••
There is also a view that names have better chance of selling at the beginning, when they get some exposure at home page and newsletter.

11000 days for 100 names, she should have sold a name at least by now with 3.8% claimed sell through ratio average.

How do you think this could be improved?
Perhaps including domains that are unsold for say 6 months in the newsletter?
One option could be to remove the names and upload again to gain that initial exposure but obviously that would cost the seller.
Do you have any ideas?

•••
•••
How do you think this could be improved? Perhaps including domains that are unsold for say 6 months in the newsletter?
One option could be to remove the names and upload again to gain that initial exposure but obviously that would cost the seller.
Do you have any ideas?

There are bunch of ways for BB and others to control/influence it. They have stats/data, ways to provide exposure etc.

It could also help if the sellers' listing would first and foremost promote other listings by the seller. That is what BR does, while with BB it will show other very similar listings that might create confusion and steer away the client either completely or to other seller's name. I also don't know how this other listings are chosen and if it is random or there are some preferences. In short, BB does need to provide more transparency to account for large discrepancies.

•••
Brandbucket sales for April experienced a slight drop, wonder why.

Define slight drop ) What are the sales? Also, they have added lots of names in a month, so the sales should go up, if anything.

•••
Define slight drop ) What are the sales? Also, they have added lots of names in a month, so the sales should go up, if anything.

Just one second, I can see that are about 43 users that made a sale but to make it look good lets imagine its out total of 100 users.

Last edited:
•••
March over 80+ Sales but April in the Mid 70+ sales.

April
michaeljkrell =19
Margot =4
Keith DeBoer= 2
brandworthy.domains = 2
INVENTRA. =2

Remaining 38 sold 1 domain each. Lets found out who dropped out from top list in March?

Last edited:
•••

April
michaeljkrell =19
Margot =4
Keith DeBoer= 2
brandworthy.domains = 2
INVENTRA. =2

Remaining 38 sold 1 domain each. Lets found out who dropped out from top list in March?

LOL 38 lucky winners out of 1000+ suckers spending probably mid five figures all together each month in fees.

On the bright side Michael Krell keeps up the good, hard work. After he sold 19 in March, he managed 19 again in April. Let's all hope he'll do better in May! Atta boy!

•••
LOL 38 lucky winners out of 1000+ suckers spending probably mid five figures all together each month in fees.

On the bright side Michael Krell keeps up the good, hard work. After he sold 19 in March, he managed 19 again in April. Let's all hope he'll do better in May! Atta boy!

(Deleted) Mis-read

•••
5 figures in fees a month?

Suppose so ...there are over 1000 members at BB, if everyone adds an average 5 new domains every 2-3 months or so to his portfolio ... $10 fee for each domain ... you do the maths mate :)

•••

April
michaeljkrell =19
Margot =4
Keith DeBoer= 2
brandworthy.domains = 2
INVENTRA. =2

19+4+2+2+2+38=67 names out of around 28,500.

That is 2.8% annualized, so it is not a slight drop form previous 3.8%.

And if you factor in that MK owns almost 1/6 of all names and sells almost 1/3.5 of all names, it starts looking very bad for BB with "average Joe" sales probably in 2%-2.5%.

•••

Krell has an unfair system setup that favors him.Nothing is so special about his domain I have already spent hours analysing his domain names.

•••
Suppose so ...there are over 1000 members at BB, if everyone adds an average 5 new domains every 2-3 months or so to his portfolio ... $10 fee for each domain ... you do the maths mate :)

Calculator says 50000?
No sorry I miss read your post, thought you meant per member.

•••
These figures are what really concerns me.

Most sellers get 0 sales a month, and those that do get sales is 1 every few months, compared to Michael who gets 19. I try to remain positive about BB but it is very hard to see how they are working for everyone.

It seems they really do not care as long as they can reported high sales for one member rather than higher sales for all sellers across the board.

•••
These figures are what really concerns me.

Most sellers get 0 sales a month, and those that do get sales is 1 every few months, compared to Michael who gets 19. I try to remain positive about BB but it is very hard to see how they are working for everyone.

It seems they really do not care as long as they can reported high sales for one member rather than higher sales for all sellers across the board.
This is how brandbucket system works: http://i.imgur.com/JUM6cnO.png

•••
This is how brandbucket system works: http://i.imgur.com/JUM6cnO.png

People work very hard for their money, and then choose to invest into BB which says they are a platform for sellers to sell their domains. But it feels like they position certain domains depending on who owns them (member of BB).

The sale rate of Michael compared to others is a warning light and from what I have read (every page in this thread) they seem to not care about how that looks.

•••
Annualized rate based on DNBolt numbers for April.

Michael's - 4.7%
Everyone minus Michael - 2.4%.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back