NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once you publish the name at BB they have the exclusive rights to the sale and the commission. You can reach out to potential buyers as long as the buyer completes the sale via BB.

As for listing the domain at EFTY etc. I'm not sure of the details but if you listing does not indicate the the domain is for sale at BrandBucket I believe you would be in violation of their Terms of Use. But you can check with them to be sure. They are very helpful.

[email protected]
You can promote your BB names whichever way you want (on any website) as long as the sale is executed via BB's platform.

•••
They changed their business model ... Now they make money from listing fees :$:

Agreed.

Being "approved by BB" does not add any value to a domain name !

Disagree. bb has allowed a reseller market to ensue. Thus, any domain approved by bb currently has / had value on NP. Like it or not, this is happening / happened.

Brandables are subjective; everyone has his own criteria and these days BB approves almost everything in order to get the listing fee ...

Based on current common practices, bb gets more submissions than any other marketplaces. Therefore on sure numbers of submissions, you can't say they accept everything. The reseller market would completely bottom out if this was true.

Last edited:
•••
I have submitted over 50 names at BB in recent months and have over 40 rejections. Based on your hypothesis why would BB reject $400 worth of listing fees?

They would reject your domains if it didn't meet their criteria of a brandable domain.

If there wasn't a reseller market, would you pay bb $500 if they accepted 50/50 of your domains?

•••
Being "approved by BB" does not add any value to a domain name !

Disagree. bb has allowed a reseller market to ensue. Thus, any domain approved by bb currently has / had value on NP. Like it or not, this is happening / happened.

Playing devils advocate: Selling your domain simply as bb approved may devalue your domain as bb reseller market has largely been depicted on bb suggested price, though there are many exceptions. Exceptions included, the floor price for a bb domain has significantly decreased over the past year.

History has shown bb reseller prices to be volatile. Some domains are subjectively better than others. Though, some may never sell on bb for $X,XXX bb domains have sold for $X-XX rather quickly on NP throughout the last year.

At the end of the day, it's about endusers. bb resellers are endusers at reseller prices. If you reg solely on bb criteria via coupon hand regs and flip at reseller prices, you can make $X,XXX in a short amount of time and still have XXX 'rejects'.

Last edited:
•••
They changed their business model ... Now they make money from listing fees
They would need to be incredibly stupid to rely on listing fees alone. How long do you think sellers will keep paying listing fees if they don't get sales?
these days BB approves almost everything in order to get the listing fee ...
Completely untrue.

•••
They would need to be incredibly stupid to rely on listing fees alone. How long do you think sellers will keep paying listing fees if they don't get sales?

More listing fees = More domains

More domains = More sales

More sales = More listing fee's

•••
More listing fees = More domains

More domains = More sales

More sales = More listing fee's

True, but I think there is a nuance.

I agree that BB has their business model changed and therefore are probably more tolerant to accepting names. However, if the sales rate drops, the reseller price drops and it is not very appealing to submit names anymore. Therefore, they will not only look at the listing fees, but also want to keep there sales rate up.

I think the amount of bb names published is also due to the domain/dotster/netfirms sales which were very frequent lately. A lot of people, including me, regged a whole bunch of drops since an acceptance rate of 10% would mean break even with 9 rejects still possible to sell at bargain prices. I know people have submitted well over 100 names on a sales day. If 50 people do that with an acceptance rate of 10% you are looking at well over 500 accepted names in a very short timeframe. I think there were around 10 days of .com sales, meaning around 5000 extra names.

I dont know if the numbers are correct but they look plausible.

Without the .com sales, we might have 4000 less names published the last 30 - 60 days

•••
Of the 15K published BB names in the past year, I wonder how many names are registered with dotster/netfirms/domain?

As a guess, I reckon possibly 14K.

•••
Of the 15K published BB names in the past year, I wonder how many names are registered with dotster/netfirms/domain?

As a guess, I reckon possibly 14K.

And to build on that:
I wonder what the sales rate for these names vs GoDaddy/Uniregistry etc names would be.

•••
For my LLLL .com, that I have submitted to BB and they have accepted all, the highest price is over $9,000 and the lowest price is over $3,000. But I still consider to publish my domain names on BB. I am not sure they can sell the domains with the good price like that. Anyone sold LLLL .com on BB to help me to advise me?

•••
Are you saying BB doesn't have the capability to sell a $9000 domain?

Well, BB currently has a domain listed for sale for $300,000...so I dont think $9000 is such a big deal for them.

•••

Well, BB currently has a domain listed for sale for $300,000...so I dont think $9000 is such a big deal for them.

Listing price and sold price quite different. They can list your domain name at 1million or 1 billion usd but the most important thing that they can pay you the sold price as same as the listing price or not.

•••
However, if the sales rate drops, the reseller price drops and it is not very appealing to submit names anymore. Therefore, they will not only look at the listing fees, but also want to keep there sales rate up.
I for one don't think that the sales rate has kept up with the listing rate, and I'm fairly sure that the sales rate has dropped considerably with all the new inventory. They are making up for a reduced sales rate via increased sales volume, but that has serious knock-on effects for sellers who now need to list more names for the same returns.

•••

I think he was just asking what the chances of selling are. I assume he invested quite a chunk to get a few good 4Ls.

I have no experience with 4Ls, but I have seen a good bunch of 4Ls in the reported sales here on NP. Therefore I think they can do it.

I think the important part here is your room for patience. If you need to have a decent amount of money back in a short time, BB might not be ideal since you will have less options to liquidate the names. However if you can cope with 3-4 months of no income from these names, I would give it a try. If you have 10 names for example and 1 will sell in 3-4 months, you have a great sale and a decent amount of your investment back. You will also have breathing space to see if another name sells in the coming 3 months. If they dont sell and you start to need some investment money, you can remove (part of) your names. Take into account that it takes a month for the names to be removed.

Hope it helps.

•••
I for one don't think that the sales rate has kept up with the listing rate, and I'm fairly sure that the sales rate has dropped considerably with all the new inventory. They are making up for a reduced sales rate via increased sales volume, but that has serious knock-on effects for sellers who now need to list more names for the same returns.

Might be true, but if the drop is acceptable and the acceptance rules are more lenient, it would also be easier and cheaper to ramp up.

And I think we are talking mostly about handregs here. I wonder if the sales rate of quality names (ie $100 reseller price) will drop as well due to the new names.

•••
I think he was just asking what the chances of selling are. I assume he invested quite a chunk to get a few good 4Ls.

I have no experience with 4Ls, but I have seen a good bunch of 4Ls in the reported sales here on NP. Therefore I think they can do it.

I think the important part here is your room for patience. If you need to have a decent amount of money back in a short time, BB might not be ideal since you will have less options to liquidate the names. However if you can cope with 3-4 months of no income from these names, I would give it a try. If you have 10 names for example and 1 will sell in 3-4 months, you have a great sale and a decent amount of your investment back. You will also have breathing space to see if another name sells in the coming 3 months. If they dont sell and you start to need some investment money, you can remove (part of) your names. Take into account that it takes a month for the names to be removed.

Hope it helps.
please let me know the sales report of BB on NP. Thank you.

•••
I dont know where they are currently, but there are threads discussing BB sales.

Have a search and I think you will find these, or just wait for any other member to link to one of the threads

•••
The BB sales reports posted here are not accurate at all.

The reports assumes that removed names from BB have been sold. Most of these are now listed in other marketplaces...so were never sold....just moved elsewhere.

•••
About my experience in BB that I have submitted 42 names total and 18 got accepted. I have listed 3 names till now and flipped few names here in NP.

BB is very choosy about selecting names for their marketplace. But I am not sure about their marketing strategy, when I am receiving newsletter from BB every time I see new names and how they generate the leads no idea about that. Through I have listed 3 names and wait for few months but still no luck yet.

Can you guys share your experience about the domain sold in BB.

•••
@Justin Matmor: A name listed on BB yesterday is gone today. Why?

1. It was sold.
2. It was "removed" (a listing status that can be seen on your BB profile.) BB has a problem with the name; usually the name does not resolve to BB, typically the NS are not properly set or the name is listed somewhere else.
3. The name was delisted (requested to be removed from BB) by the owner.
4. The name was detected by BB as expired.
5. There was a UDRP or other ownership issue, or a trademark issue, or similar; BB was directed (or elected) to remove it.
6. The name was sold by the owner in violation of the BB TOS and so of course BB delists it when they detect this.

In order for the integrity of the BB listings to be maintained, it is evident that they must periodically check each name on a relatively frequent basis to ensure that #4 or #6 above has not occurred. Generally simply by checking the resolution of the removed name and/or the whois, it is easy to detect when a name has been removed for reasons other than having been sold.

•••
@Justin Matmor: A name listed on BB yesterday is gone today. Why?

1. It was sold.
2. It was "removed" (a listing status that can be seen on your BB profile.) BB has a problem with the name; usually the name does not resolve to BB, typically the NS are not properly set or the name is listed somewhere else.
3. The name was delisted (requested to be removed from BB) by the owner.
4. The name was detected by BB as expired.
5. There was a UDRP or other ownership issue, or a trademark issue, or similar; BB was directed (or elected) to remove it.
6. The name was sold by the owner in violation of the BB TOS and so of course BB delists it when they detect this.

In order for the integrity of the BB listings to be maintained, it is evident that they must periodically check each name on a relatively frequent basis to ensure that #4 or #6 above has not occurred. Generally simply by checking the resolution of the removed name and/or the whois, it is easy to detect when a name has been removed for reasons other than having been sold.
The easiest way to find out if a name was genuinely bought by an end user is to check (after a few months once removed from BB) if a site has been built. An end user is never going to pay $3000 for a made a name and park it or relist it on a different platform.

Last edited:
•••
An end user is never going to pay $3000 for a made a name and park it or relist it on a different platform.
You'd be surprised how many buyers don't change the DNS, let alone the whois info...

•••
The easiest way to find out if a name was genuinely bought by an end user is to check (after a few months once removed from BB) if a site has been built. An end user is never going to pay $3000 for a made a name and park it or relist it on a different platform.
You are so wrong. I have sold well over 100 names @ a few thousand or more that never became anything. Companies find a name that like and buy it but then pivot their concept in a different direction and find a name that fits better. It happens all the time.

•••
Holstar.com and Hyype.com are two examples of names Michael Krell reported sold in this thread. First one parked, second one BrandBucket 410 page.

•••
Holstar.com and Hyype.com are two examples of names Michael Krell reported sold in this thread. First one parked, second one BrandBucket 410 page.

My bb sales:

Kidore.com - Partially developed. There's a landing page, brand new logo, mailing list, and tag line, "Things Kids Adore'

RepIQ.com - Developed site offering analytics for sales reps. Using a variation of the bb supplied logo.

AnalogCloud.com - Undeveloped. Sold last December. NS have changed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back