Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Dnbolt
I think they suggest that we use nameservers, if this is what you ask.
UPD: They do not suggest redirects and offer no guidelines for that, AFAIK.

Last edited:
•••
When you update their nameservers, they are doing a 301 redirect.. You can check some of your domains on www.redirect-checker.org

•••
@Dnbolt
I think they suggest that we use nameservers, if this is what you ask.

Ok I see some people killing their domains by using a 301 redirect when forwarding to brandbucket.
301 means permanently moved. 302 means temporary moved.

(some may say) "Bolt", you are so wrong, this days 301,302 even 307 doesn't matter that google will figure it out. (permit me to say this) Be silence and do your homework.

Okay, "Bolt" what's the big deal?
Ans (1): If you remove your domains from brandbucket, and search for "your-domain.com" you will find
brandbucket.com in the search result :banghead:

Ans (2): Also NOT good for end users as ALL potential value has been sucked up dry..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks for this.

I just checked now. Changing Nameserver to BB implies giving consent for 301 too.
But why is this necessary as I have changed lot's of Namesever without seeing a redirect included.

•••
Why not just point your domain's record "A" to BB's webserver?

•••
Does brandbucket suggest users to make a 301 redirect instead of a 302? (if not changing nameserver)
I think their validation looks for 301, and if it sees 302 it fails. They validate from a single IP, so it's pretty easy to spoof them.

•••
(some may say) "Bolt", you are so wrong, this days 301,302 even 307 doesn't matter that google will figure it out. (permit me to say this) Be silence and do your homework.
Anyone who understands how Google works will know the difference between 301 and 302.
Ans (1): If you remove your domains from brandbucket, and search for "your-domain.com" you will find
brandbucket.com in the search result :banghead:
Until Google next crawls your domain and sees the 3XX redirect is gone.
Ans (2): Also NOT good for end users as ALL potential value has been sucked up dry..
Removing the redirect will change how signals flow. There is nothing permanent, and once Google identifies a change they will adjust accordingly.

As I mentioned above, validation requires a 301 redirect. You can spoof their validation, and then serve everyone else a 302, but really it's not going to make a huge difference other than how Google ranks your domain for queries on the domain itself. Google does not like parking pages (including for sale landers), and that's the primary reason internal pages on BB rank better than their domain landers. The only minor benefit to using a 302 might be that Google would show your domain URL rather than the internal BB URL in search results. Almost everything else should be the same from an SEO perspective.

•••
I wish I could say more, but I believe my account is on thin ice pertaining to infractions related to this type of whistle blowing...

Sales/Rack.com is on the first page for 20 searches (or EVERY TAG and Category assigned) in BrandBuckets search.

upload_2017-3-23_5-1-33.png

Search any tag or category for the above domain, and you'll find it ranks on the first page for EACH. That's a lot of front page real estate for this domain, and other preferred domains.

I wish I could say this is an anomaly but it isn't. It is a widespread pattern. If permitted I can post many more examples of preferred domains dominating page 1's for all their tags / categories. Most of you can infer who's domains these are without WHOIS.

upload_2017-3-23_5-10-19.png

upload_2017-3-23_5-9-19.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
BB you have such a rigged platform that favors your own people and not the common sellers. How low can you guys go? I just tried to select the category "Travel" and these are the names that got auto populated. Now for everyone, just go ahead and see who holds the majority of those names.

The reason there is an option to categorize the domains is to only show names that are related to a specific category. But what is happening in here is totally unrelated domains mostly populated by BB owners, ambassadors.

I would be seriously interested to know what the owners or ambassadors have to say about this. This just doesn't feel right to me. This BB experience thread should be renamed as BB scandals... lol..

BB's rigged algo.png

Last edited:
•••
BB you have such a rigged platform that favors your own people and not the common sellers. How low can you guys go? I just tried to select the category "Travel" and these are the names that got auto populated. Now for everyone, just go ahead and see who holds the majority of those names.

The reason there is an option to categorize the domains is to only show names that are related to a specific category. But what is happening in here is totally unrelated domains mostly populated by BB owners, ambassadors.

I would be seriously interested to know what the owners or ambassadors have to say about this. This just doesn't feel right to me. This BB experience thread should be renamed as BB scandals... lol..

Show attachment 52025
That means it seems unfair right? I am building my BB portfolio with premium domain names only but this picture makes me unhappy, keep going on or not?

•••
May be BB should remove the exclusive right. With that, I have the the right to sell names elsewhere. I recently sold namerific approved and published name outside namerific. Why would my names be tied down to a market where sales is a caucus thing?

Last edited:
•••
That means it seems unfair right? I am building my BB portfolio with premium domain names only but this picture makes me unhappy, keep going on or not?
I'm not sure how big your portfolio is and I don't encourage you to keep or remove your portfolio. I think people have to decide for themselves what suits best for them. But, its obvious the platform is biased...

•••

Show attachment 52025
I'm disappointed by how they are showing domains in that category. I have 4 domains that start with the keyword "travel" listed at BB (so they are far more contextually relevant to the category than most of the stuff you see on the first few pages), so I thought I would surely have pretty good placement on the first few pages for that category. However, my domains are nowhere to be seen.

In fact, I looked through the first 8 pages (before I gave up looking further), and on those 8 pages, there are only 4 domains that start with the keyword "travel" and all of them are owned by Michael Krell - There are 0 domains owned by other sellers that start with the keyword "travel" on those 8 pages, so my travel+keyword domains are probably sitting on page 18, 44, 50 etc. That doesn't make any sense, as the category is named "travel" and domains containing this keyword are highly relevant - And why would they only show one persons domains containing that keyword on the first 8 pages? I don't know how their category display "algorithm" works, but it clearly needs a lot more work, because their current solution is not satisfactory.

•••
Let's think about solutions and focus less on complaints. BB takes aggressive advantage from all it's users to supercharge itself so how can we take back the advantage without necessarily listing any/more domain(s)?

Anyone get the point I am trying to make? If you do then let's drink some tea and discuss.

Last edited:
•••
Also if your not happy with current Managing Director of BB then it could be a good idea to sign a petition for impeachment in order to make Brandbucket Great Again.

Last edited:
•••
People are already leaving the platform. It's not just bottles, its balls... Its better to be a lone wolf rather than mindless sheeps following the herd.

•••
It seems lucky I see 2 my domains in the 1st page of "Premium Names"
bbportfolio.png

•••
•••
That's expected.

Premium names = premium commissions.
Thank you but we have to spend a lot of money to acquire premium names, not like other with reg. fee. And one more thing, I am expecting the 1st sale transaction from BB :)

•••
Thank you but we have to spend a lot of money to acquire premium names, not like other with reg. fee. And one more thing, I am expecting the 1st sale transaction from BB :)
Several months ago when I posted on this thread that I was looking forward to my first sale on BB the knockers were trying to convince me that I was wasting my time and money and that I was living in hope. I have since made 4 BB sales in a very short time. When I got my first sale late last year, my next 3 came in quick succession. Can you imagine if I listened to the knockers? I would now be $10K worse off.

•••
Several months ago when I posted on this thread that I was looking forward to my first sale on BB the knockers were trying to convince me that I was wasting my time and money and that I was living in hope. I have since made 4 BB sales in a very short time. When I got my first sale late last year, my next 3 came in quick succession. Can you imagine if I listened to the knockers? I would now be $10K worse off.
Same!

My signature shows my last years figure, and this year, I've paid my mortgage off (or should I say BB has paid my mortgage off!) so I'm looking forward to doing my next 'annual review of my experience with BB'.

I know it isn't for everyone. What I don't understand is why so many NON-BB members spend most of their time stalking and bad mouthing successful BB members. It's quite sad really.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back